Monday Night Racing (Recruiting)

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 259 comments
Monday Night Racing

February 13 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car, 502 HP, 3307 lbs, Tires = Sport Hard, (target PP = 573.07)

Add the Manual Transmission.

Ford-Mustang-Gr-3-Road-Car-Banff-National-Park.jpg

Tracks & Conditions
Maggiore East, Tires=7X Fuel=5X, (10)
Trial Mountain Reverse, Tires=8X Fuel=4X, (7)
Tokyo East Counterclockwise, Tires=8X Fuel=3X, (7)

GT7's Road Cars are a fun bunch, so you are welcomed to join us with one of the favourites.

Come for the free beer, stay for the great racing.

Last edited:
Thanks for a fun night of racing, guys! A quiet chat lobby is a good sign that drivers are concentrating hard. We got some extra racing in, too. Time well spent.

Thanks for a fun night of racing, guys! A quiet chat lobby is a good sign that drivers are concentrating hard. We got some extra racing in, too. Time well spent.
I was quiet because of all the math I was doing in my head trying not to run out of gas. My math skills are excellent, I didn’t run out of gas but my GT skills still suck….
1676397290564.jpeg

I was quiet because of all the math I was doing in my head trying not to run out of gas. My math skills are excellent, I didn’t run out of gas but my GT skills still suck….
View attachment 1231135
Quiet is good. It helps you to do the math. The problem is that PD added in some sort of randomness that I haven't figured out yet. 😕 That keeps us all on our toes. 😁

As for driving skills, that is one of MNR's mandates - helping us all to become better drivers. I hope that you continue to like these challenges.

Monday Night Racing

February 20 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: RE Amemiya, 366 HP, 2734 lbs, Tires = Sport Hard, add the Racing Transmission

RE-Amemiya-SEIBIEN.jpg

Tracks & Conditions, (Laps)
Suzuka short, Tires = 8X Fuel = 8X, (16)
Dragon Trail Gardens, Tires = 8X Fuel =6X, (8)
Daytona Road Course, Tires = 8X Fuel = 4X, (8)

This thing guzzles gas!

Last edited:
Tonight was a good night of racing. An interesting car, lessons learned, and a good share of winning. Well done, guys.

There has been some new content added to GT7 and we will make use of it according to our mandates, as appropriate, going forward. Hopefully, we all have enough credits to buy the Legends cars quickly.

Some changes have been made, and a few bugs have been fixed, which may affect some drivers. For examples, Fanatec wheel users, and "A 'Results' button to display the race result after a qualifier or race has been added". Some of these still need to be explored on-line.

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

February 27 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Suzuki VGT Gr.3, 577 HP, 2690 lbs, Tires = Racing Hard, add Racing Transmission, (target PP = 715ish)

This week's races will expose us to good times on the new Grand Valley location. The car is a good performer and a worthwhile ride.

Suzuki-VGT-Gr-3-High-Atlas-Range.jpg

Grand Valley South Reverse, Tires = 4X Fuel = 4X, (14)
Grand Valley Highway 1, Tires = 4X Fuel = 4*, (9)
Grand Valley Highway 1 Reverse, Tires = 4X Fuel = 4*, (9)

Last edited:
If you are warming up to racing on-line or getting back into GT, this week's racing is just what you need. Come join us Monday night and meet the drivers!

Monday Night Racing

March 6 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Citroen DS 21 Pallas 1970, 103 HP, 2866, Tires = Comfort Medium, (target PP = 338.55)

Add the usual FC Suspension, Manual Transmission, Differential.

Citroen-DS-21-Pallas-1970-Palais-Garnier-from-Avenue-de-l-Op-ra.jpg

Alsace Test Course Reverse, Tires = 32X Fuel = 13X, (14)
Sardegna Road Track C, Tires = 36X Fuel = 13X, (12)
St Croix Layout A Tires = 32X Fuel = 12X, (4)

Last edited:
If you are warming up to racing on-line or getting back into GT, this week's racing is just what you need. Come join us Monday night and meet the drivers!

Monday Night Racing

March 13 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: Honda RA272 1965, 228 HP, 1098 lbs, Tires = Racing Hard, Wets, Intermediates, (target PP ~629.84) Add the Racing Transmission.

This week, we will experience some random weather. Of the four weather slots, the first one will be set to clear, then the other three will be random. It is highly likely you will need some sort of rain tires, so get both.

A race car with a light front-end, no downforce, and poor brakes needs some practice to handle safely. The torque can push the front tires, especially at hill crests.

Honda_RA272_1965_engine.jpg

Tokyo Exp. South Counterclockwise, Tires = 7X Fuel = 14X, (7)
Spa 24Hr, Random Weather, Tires = 7X, fuel = 15X, (6)
La Sarthe with chicanes, Tires = 7X Fuel = 12X*, (4)

Last edited:
Monday Night Racing

March 20 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: RUF CTR3 2007, 690 HP, 3086 lbs, Tires = Sport Medium, target PP = 663ish

Add the normal Fully Customizable parts: Differential, Suspension, and the Manual Transmission.

RUF-CTR3-2007-Ahrweiler.jpg

Dragon Trail Gardens Reverse, Tires = 3X Fuel = 3X, (10)
KDP Yamagiwa Reverse, Tires = 3X Fuel = 3X, (9)
Dragon Trail Seaside Reverse, Tires = 3X Fuel = 3X*, (9)

This is a whopper of a car, so you need to practice with it, to be able to tame it. The linked settings help with that, but the rest is up to you. The tires are OK, if you tame your right foot. Please join us, to get (more?) acquainted with the reverse tracks, too.

Last edited:
Sir,
May I join in? I miss the TPRA days. I guess I should see if I even have that car. 😆
(I don't and it's going to be a lot of grinding to go from 329,000 to 900,000) 😖
Still, I can be found on PSN at the same handle as here.

Last edited:
Sir,
May I join in? I miss the TPRA days. I guess I should see if I even have that car. 😆
(I don't and it's going to be a lot of grinding to go from 329,000 to 900,000) 😖
Still, I can be found on PSN at the same handle as here.
Hey, SnakeEyes427! Welcome back. I will add you to our PSN Chat list and will see you tomorrow.

Because of new drivers joining us, I had to make sure that this week's car was available in the dealerships. You can do a simple, easy grind at Sardegna with a Gr.2 race car and get well over 700K with a clean race in 26 minutes. A few other grind races earn you even more.

I was hoping to make it tomorrow night but I am no where near familiar enough with those layouts and have limited time to get ready. Certainly don’t want to ruin someone else’s night from figuring it out on the fly. Hope for next week…

MNR events are designed for new drivers, drivers coming back to GT, or anyone who wants to get up to speed. You won't be interfering with anyone. I would rather see you get familiar with the tracks while racing than to have you not race. We all have things that we need to improve upon. Reverse tracks are just one of them. If we avoid certain tracks, we only handicap our driving.

You are just as welcome in our lobbies, TrackBound7, as any other driver who wants to improve. Please, come meet the other drivers.

Last edited:
Hey, SnakeEyes427! Welcome back. I will add you to our PSN Chat list and will see you tomorrow.

Because of new drivers joining us, I had to make sure that this week's car was available in the dealerships. You can do a simple, easy grind at Sardegna with a Gr.2 race car and get well over 700K with a clean race in 26 minutes. A few other grind races earn you even more.

I'm currently doing the rubber bands on the controller trick at Special Stage 5. I have things I need my hands for right now. Plus, I don't have a GR2 yet. Down side of a late start and running the game on hard for the challenge. However, I should be good for Monday. I did get all the PSN stuff. Thank you.

Because of new drivers joining us, I had to make sure that this week's car was available in the dealerships. You can do a simple, easy grind at Sardegna with a Gr.2 race car and get well over 700K with a clean race in 26 minutes. A few other grind races earn you even more.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LnSKXlaWbVA

I’ll be out this week, 41st wedding anniversary tomorrow so dinner out with my bride. Hope to be back next week.

If you’re doing the Mustang time trials at Laguna this is a pretty good tune in my opinion.

Hi Master, it looks like I will be joining late, it's the wife's birthday and the family are dropping by in the evening.

Monday Night Racing

March 20 @ 7:30 P.M. Eastern

Car: RUF CTR3 2007, 690 HP, 3086 lbs, Tires = Sport Medium, target PP = 652ish

Add the normal Fully Customizable parts: Differential, Suspension, and the Manual Transmission.

RUF-CTR3-2007-Ahrweiler.jpg

Dragon Trail Gardens Reverse, Tires = 3X Fuel = 3X, (10)
KDP Yamagiwa Reverse, Tires = 3X Fuel = 3X, (9)
Dragon Trail Seaside Reverse, Tires = 3X Fuel = 3X*, (9)

This is a whopper of a car, so you need to practice with it, to be able to tame it. The linked settings help with that, but the rest is up to you. The tires are OK, if you tame your right foot. Please join us, to get (more?) acquainted with the reverse tracks, too.

Bone stock it's 690hp, 3086 lbs and, 662.86 pp with SM tires stock. Is the aftermarket parts to bring the pp down?

Ah, let me check the PP
Bone stock it's 690hp, 3086 lbs and, 662.86 pp with SM tires stock. Is the aftermarket parts to bring the pp down?

You're right, my mistake. I will correct it above. My settings adds some weight to the front. PP values here are just a guide, to help catch mistakes such as this.

Last edited:
I had fun. Thank you for having me. Honey do's kept me from staying. I completely forgot about the no TC in the races. Now I know 😆 and I'm OK with that. I'm going to reread this thread to see why people would stop and stay after going off track even after I passed them.
Take care and have a great week.

For anyone wanting to make fast money, and have fun doing it, take the Honda RA-272 to Tokyo Expressway WTC 600.
IM tires, no pit stop and done in 27 minutes for Cr 825,000. (30,555 per minute). Easy win by 30 - 60 seconds on Easy, Normal, or Hard setting.

Back