Money GT4 Tournaments?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dovesniper711
  • 36 comments
  • 1,695 views
Messages
224
Messages
iDove_
Hello guys im new to the whole GT4 sean... I live in the UK, but I am visiting my dad here in USA and...

I was wondering if there is, or will be any nice leagues to race for money/prizes?
Or if anyone is willing to start one?
I think it would be a great idea, it would attract many top racers.
*Sry is this post is clesha*
 
Do you use the right analog stick to steer in UK? I am confused... :crazy:
 
Im sry to disapoint you sir... but no I dont I use a racing wheel.
 
MLG will probably be hosting online and live tournaments for cash, but it hasn't been completely worked out yet. I imagine we'll know more about this sort of thing come November.
 
Rocket Punch
Do you use the right analog stick to steer in UK? I am confused... :crazy:

i thought he was goin to say we press square to steer left and circle to steer right.
 
I wouldn't be surpirsed if some websites would organize cash prizes for online races. It would be pretty easy to set up and you could get some easy cash out of it (then again some fraud would be created). Didn't Greyout have a thread on something like this?
 
Rocket Punch
Do you use the right analog stick to steer in UK? I am confused... :crazy:

Yes we do. And we also sit in the right side of the chair when we play and only overtake AI to the right side. Plus we stick pictures of sheep on the side of the TV screens so it looks like they're grazing along the sides of the track to make us feel more at home. :indiff:









Or.........I do anyway.
 
eddieturner2002
... Plus we stick pictures of sheep on the side of the TV screens so it looks like they're grazing along the sides of the track to make us feel more at home.
i was wondering if somebody actually did that, now i know :dopey:
 
eddieturner2002
Stereotypes are so stereotypical! :dopey:
Yes and it makes me sick!
BUt um is anyone really interested in starting a league to race and win money?
 
The only problem is that the same superfast guys would win every time so you would probably have to have divisions kinds like the weekly race series but with higher div getting more money.
 
I think the WRS div system is great, you would have to have divisions and a better payoff for the higher ones to drive people to actually compete instead of casually winning Div 3 week after week.
 
Where would the prize money some from though?
 
icemanshooter23
Where would the prize money some from though?

The PS2's USB printer :D.
 
In live for speed they have races w/ cash prizes so of course when gt4 comes out they will also.
 
I guess so, but how would you sponser an online race?
 
Name it: ......Sponsored by Dodge, "Grab life by the Horns"
 
hmm.. thats a pickle.... well my bro and his friend sent emails to get sponsers for his LAN Partys and the send him stuff like mouse pads and fans and neons
 
Corporate sponsorship is certainly a possibility. Sponsors are dumping huge amounts of money into online gaming teams as we speak. They don't really sponsor individual races, but the teams that win the races, and hence draw the fans to their websites or to buy the products they use. GT4 is an equally valid game to sponsor, if a legitimate team and league structure with a strong spectator crowd develops. This may be beyond the reach of a simple fan-organized division, but I think it's a start.

However, so much depends on how the final structure of online play works out. Will there be spectators? How many? How can replays be saved? Can they be spread across the net to potential spectators? Can the races be secured and guaranteed cheat free? None of these questions can really be answered until we can play the game.

If these problems come down in our favor, though, it will cerainly be possible to organize some sort of events. As has been mentioned before, I think MLG and probably some more leagues will organize at least a few tournaments for cash - GT4 will be THE console racing game. But if we're talking about a full, regular season - that's a bit tougher, and will take a lot more legwork on our end.

Of course, the other option was more along the lines that Greyout brought up before - everyone pays in to enter a race (from a couple pounds to many many pounds), and then the winner takes all or some derivative thereof. This is also a valid model of for cash prizes, though the backend work is much harder.

And we will also have to operate under the assumption we would receive PD's good graces. If they have their own ideas to sponsor their own tournaments, then we may be in trouble that way to run our own cash tournaments. Again, we have to wait and see.

My modest suggestion would be to put together a team of people who are interested in the concept and willing to put in some effort to make it work. We can lay some of the groundwork now, and it may end up as useless come Christmas season. But for people who are enthusiastic about the concept, it's interesting to talk about regardless.

Also note the level of interest in "online racing" and teams that was generated around GT3 here at GTPlanet. I don't want to make assumptions about the interest in this by Jordan and the team here, but there's really no better community to launch this in. If it does end up where there is a structure or racing teams and a league, I don't think it should compete with GTPlant's community.
 
Well I mean I wanted to start one and ****... ill take it form my pocket as long as I can have a good time. Plus I got a few local sponcers lined up...
Evan thouhg GT4 is so far away is anyone interested in starting a big money league wiht me? I can suply the web site domian and hosting, along wiht some money.
ANy takers want to put together a very nice sim gt4 racing league?
 
GT4 won't be out for another 4 months and you want to invest in it? None of us even know how Online works. I'd suggest wait a few days after the release to spend invest...
 
Well thats is perty true sir... but im sure it would be awsome
bump^^^
 
You said you had a couple sponsors? How much are they willing to invest ?

P.S. I would really wait until GT4 comes out, a ton of people would probably like to join you then ;)
 
usernamed
You said you had a couple sponsors? How much are they willing to invest ?

P.S. I would really wait until GT4 comes out, a ton of people would probably like to join you then ;)
Yes well id rather finaize things now.. I want this place open a week before the game come out I mean its only a few months away till release....

Any ways thess sponcers arent offical or anything like that, I when around town last week or so and found these place that are willing to help.

My Company Toxic-Labs
50.00 month

CCs's Pizza
25.00 month

Boone Trail Autohuase
250.50 month

Um that is more than enouhg in my eyes, I mean I all ready run alot of web sites and I can suply my own hosting(I own hosting servers), and I can code the sit emy self. So its perty much all matanience and prize money.

I just need some people to go wiht me and get this **** going.
 
Dovesniper711
My Company Toxic-Labs
50.00 month

CCs's Pizza
25.00 month

Boone Trail Autohuase
250.50 month
And what are they getting out of it? Where are CC's Pizza? Why should they give people money when the vast majority cannot use their product?

250.50 from Boone Trail Autohaus is a bit specific. Is this dollars, pounds, euros or credits?

Perhaps it would also be a good idea to read through your posts and correct all the spelling errors before you submit.
 
Back