Monitor Stand Recommendations

United States
United States
Stiggosaurus
I've got a Simetik K2 cockpit en route to me this week. I've been doing some research on monitor stands for a 43" TV under $250 and I think I've narrowed it down to one of these two:

GT Omega Single Monitor Stand V2 - $169https://usa.gtomegaracing.com/monitor-stands/gt-omega-single-monitor-stand-v2
Trak Racer Single Monitor Stand - $249

Anyone have any thoughts or direct experience with either of these? The GT Omega is technically more full-featured, as it comes with speaker mounts and an adjustable tray. The Track Racer appears that it is likely constructed better and generally has a better aesthetic look to it (aside from that super-annoying logo right in the middle). The Simetik sits a bit lower than many cockpits, so being able to get the TV low enough may also be a consdieration.

I'm open to suggestions as well if I've missed other options as well.

Revisiting this again to see if anyone had any thoughts. I ended up going with the Trak Racer Single Monitor stand and haven't been super impressed with it. It arrived in pretty rough condition despite the box seemingly being in good shape. There was styrofoam everywhere on the inside when I opened it up and virtually every piece inside had some sort of damage or scuff on it somewhere.

To add insult to injury, the dimensions they list on their site are wrong. The stand I bought has two pictures with dimensions listed for some reason and I only noticed and looked at the wrongly listed image. My Simetik K2 cockpit is too wide to fit through the bottom opening. The stand also isn't all that adjustable in height, with only about 3-4 preset heights to choose from. Even at the lowest setting it's still about 6-8 inches too tall compared to where my wheel/cockpit is positioned.

I'm still pretty hesitant about the GT Omega stand though unless someone can chime in with direct experience with it. It looks kind of cheaply made from the pictures and I've yet to find a video review that addressed my concerns.

Anyone have any other options or suggestions that I'm missing?

I can vouch for the omega stand, it is sturdy and will last for years. Its only fault is if you constantly adjust the height, the holding bolts will thread out, what i mean is that lots of screwing and unscrewing will wear out the holes that they sit in. To solve this I ended up choosing my gaming tv height,then my racing game tv height, marked where the holding bolts screw in, drilled straight through and stuck a long bolt through both the holes to hold in the chosen position. Now its sturdy and adjustable to perfect height in seconds. You aren’t really spoiled for choice with monitor stands, iam really pleased with my omega.

I can vouch for the omega stand, it is sturdy and will last for years. Its only fault is if you constantly adjust the height, the holding bolts will thread out, what i mean is that lots of screwing and unscrewing will wear out the holes that they sit in. To solve this I ended up choosing my gaming tv height,then my racing game tv height, marked where the holding bolts screw in, drilled straight through and stuck a long bolt through both the holes to hold in the chosen position. Now its sturdy and adjustable to perfect height in seconds. You aren’t really spoiled for choice with monitor stands, iam really pleased with my omega.
Really appreciate the direct experience. Sounds like it should fit my needs just fine. Not quite as flashy as the Trak Racer, but sounds like it should be just as (if not more) functional.

I really do love the general aesthetic of the Trak Racer though, and I think I've found something that looks similar. I'm kind of digging the look of the Obutto stand-alone monitor stand:

Obutto Stand-Alone Monitor Stand

My only concern is that it doesn't have native support for 200x200 VESA mounts. They say they have customers using TVs as large as 50", but it's hard to gauge just how sturdy it really is. At a minimum I'd have to get an adapter for my TV to take it from 200x200 to 200x100.

Really appreciate the direct experience. Sounds like it should fit my needs just fine. Not quite as flashy as the Trak Racer, but sounds like it should be just as (if not more) functional.

I really do love the general aesthetic of the Trak Racer though, and I think I've found something that looks similar. I'm kind of digging the look of the Obutto stand-alone monitor stand:

Obutto Stand-Alone Monitor Stand

My only concern is that it doesn't have native support for 200x200 VESA mounts. They say they have customers using TVs as large as 50", but it's hard to gauge just how sturdy it really is. At a minimum I'd have to get an adapter for my TV to take it from 200x200 to 200x100.
I don't think you will really notice too much the stand when theres a great big tv on it. With regards to the other stand, if you have to mess around with vesa holes....don't bother, its obviously not meant for the tv, when i have an expensive tv hanging on a frame, i will be sure i get the one thats designed to take it, a tv is too expensive to gamble with stands.Go with the omega fella, not heard any bad feedback about it and will last for a lifetime if you take care of it.

Back