Monte Carlo Rally Returns in DiRT Rally 2.0 Season 1 DLC

Literally cut content.

But the remastering and the feeling from the FFB (which is still borked for most wheels) definitely makes up for it and explains why Codies will absolutely make all of the rally content just remastered rehashes of DR1 locations.

How does anyone continue to give Codemasters the benefit of the doubt with the litany of lies and basically ****ing over fans and paying customers that they have been doing? If this was any other company, and especially one of the ones that gamers love to slag on, this would basically be making them persona non grata. Yet Codemasters persists...even though their grift has been well established.

Cue the people saying "LAZY CODEMASTERS" when they don't realise the remastered stages play completely differently now :rolleyes:

Completely differently? Oh you mean like how the FFB on wheels, and even pads to an extent, is still borked?

It also doesn't take away from the optics of reselling content already in the previous game (even if it is remastered) is incredibly poor. If they wanted to add DR1 stages and locations back into DR2 so badly, then they should have put it in the game to begin with, and made the DLC new locations. Instead, it's pretty much guaranteed that Codemasters is going to rehash, and resell, the DR1 locations as DLC, and the only real new content in terms of locations is going to be RX. How ****ed is that?

Completely differently? Oh you mean like how the FFB on wheels, and even pads to an extent, is still borked?

It also doesn't take away from the optics of reselling content already in the previous game (even if it is remastered) is incredibly poor. If they wanted to add DR1 stages and locations back into DR2 so badly, then they should have put it in the game to begin with, and made the DLC new locations. Instead, it's pretty much guaranteed that Codemasters is going to rehash, and resell, the DR1 locations as DLC, and the only real new content in terms of locations is going to be RX. How ****ed is that?

If they did absolutely nothing to Monte when they ported it over, I would be frustrated but seeing as how they've actually put effort into making it nicer and actually more challenging, I don't mind at all. It's not like they're charging you 30 pounds for it, 3 pounds for a location is actually rather cheap. Are you also forgetting we have 6 completely new rally locations in the game already?

And onto the FFB, I'm not the biggest fan of it either. They have addressed it though and are working on it, so it won't stay this way forever.

Are you also forgetting we have 6 completely new rally locations in the game already?

You really think that is enough to offset the fact that they are selling content that should have been in the game to begin with?

In fact, if you want to be pedantic about it, Spain isn't that new either. So that makes 5 new locations in the base game.

If you want to continue carrying water for Codemasters and their frankly **** ways of dealing with customers, and their post launch DLC plans going back to DiRT 3 really, then be my guest. But it really shouldn't be hard to see why people are pissed off about this. They should be, considering that Codemasters has an incredibly bad habit of doing such a thing, and then dumping the games when either the DLC schedule is done (DiRT 3) or not even that, just putting the games out into the ether and doing the bare minimum to patch out problems, and not even offer post launch DLc, rehashed or otherwise, before announcing the next game. (DiRT 4 to Rally 2.0)

You really think that is enough to offset the fact that they are selling content that should have been in the game to begin with?

In fact, if you want to be pedantic about it, Spain isn't that new either. So that makes 5 new locations in the base game.

If you want to continue carrying water for Codemasters and their frankly **** ways of dealing with customers, and their post launch DLC plans going back to DiRT 3 really, then be my guest. But it really shouldn't be hard to see why people are pissed off about this. They should be, considering that Codemasters has an incredibly bad habit of doing such a thing, and then dumping the games when either the DLC schedule is done (DiRT 3) or not even that, just putting the games out into the ether and doing the bare minimum to patch out problems, and not even offer post launch DLc, rehashed or otherwise, before announcing the next game. (DiRT 4 to Rally 2.0)

Spain was in DiRT 4 yes, but the routes are completely new in DR 2.0 and are real life stages. DiRT 4 was just generated.

DiRT 4 was a failure in terms of post-release support, but I really don’t remember DiRT 3 failing in that regard. Unless I’m missing something, the game was pretty good in itself during it’s life cycle.

The different grip levels of snow, icy patches and tarmac are very challenging and the FFB (PS4 + G29) actually gives great feedback.
I'm really enjoying this! (almost feel I have to apologize for saying this haha)

The different grip levels of snow, icy patches and tarmac are very challenging and the FFB (PS4 + G29) actually gives great feedback.
I'm really enjoying this! (almost feel I have to apologize for saying this haha)

I agree, the different grip levels and feel of them in Monte are incredible and are noticeably better than DR. I’ve driven on plenty of ice conditions IRL and this feels much more accurate than DR.
I actually think they did a better job at the surface feel of the road in Monte, than the rest of the games locations so far. It makes me look forward to Sweden, which I hadn’t been before.

The DR2.0 update squashes the original. No comparison. Handling improvements, distinct surface FFB change from tarmac to ice to snow, colors are more vivid, replays have more camera angles, tire options, and we’ve got the roll up to the marshall at the end of stages. And no screen tearing (though I played DR1 on a PS Slim). Looking forward to Sweden and Germany.

I love this DLC. Was one of my favorite stages in Dirt Rally and the new physics of 2.0 make it worth playing again. Feels all new to relearn and it’s genuinely scary to master.

I can understand why some might feel like they are paying for the same thing, but it’s not really the same thing, is it? Looks better, feels different. Should it have been included in the game at launch? I think people would be just as whiny about including it at launch and charging money for new stages. DLC is optional content.

Meh, I'm already bored of Monte. Yes, it feels different compared to DR1, but the stages are still the same old :rolleyes:

Meh, I'm already bored of Monte. Yes, it feels different compared to DR1, but the stages are still the same old :rolleyes:

And that's ultimately the rub. These are routes that, for as much as Codemasters has trotted out that the remastering has unlocked a new sort of tenaciousness, we have played in essence since DiRT 3.

It's infuriating that these are being sold as new content when they should have been in the game to begin with.

The base game has 12 stages,2 per country which are renamed when reversed or shortened which for a $100 is rubbish.I will not be giving this company anymore money.
Mattel made a fortune putting Barbie in a new dress/shoes then selling her again.

Exactly. It would have been pages of hate because “the base game is all recycled locations and they held all the new stuff back for paid DLC”
Yes, this exactly. Look, I love getting more content for my money as much as anyone, but there are limits to how much one can expect in reality. As of this moment, I have 106 hours played in DR2.0, which is already more than I got out of WRC7, V-Rally 4, or S.Loeb Rally Evo, so from a value-for-money perspective, DR2.0 has already delivered for me, and I'm nowhere near done playing it.

Tarmac FFB still needs work (even on DS4) but they've really nailed the difference in grip between dry tarmac, wet tarmac, ice and snow. So much so that it feels like an all new experience compared to Dirt Rally. Loving it!

No just fix the FFB please...

Back