Monty Python Trivia!

Noticing DQuaN's Red Dwarf Quiz Thread, I thought that there must be a Monty Python Trivia thread lying around somewhere but after a little searching ( my computer is running slowly, sorry if there is one somewhere :dopey: ) I found none.

So, without further ado...

The matchbox jump, kicking the beggar, insulting the waiter, and taking the bra off the debutante are all events in which competition?

The one in which you must live in the UK to have any idea what the crap-sake is going on! (:

The movies are great. Wish we could get the series here. I believe it's available on DVD, but that's a lot of money ...

"Upperclass Twit of the Year"..
You can't beat a bit of Monty Python 👍 ! I think all the films are out on DVD...not sure about the TV series.

What bit the leg off a British Officer in Glasgow....sorry Natal, South Africa?

"A mosquito" later discovered to be a tiger.

"It will grow back though won't it?" :lol:

What horrible creature lives in a cave that has piles of bones lying outside in "The Holy Grail"?

911_Carrera
What horrible creature lives in a cave that has piles of bones lying outside in "The Holy Grail"?
That Rabbit what is killed by the Holy Hand Grenade.

What's your favourite colour?

A Herring?

Why doesn't King Arthur and his knights go to Camelot?

Because "it is a silly place".

What do the Spanish Inquisition count amongst their weaponry (all of them... :D)

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope...

Ah! Nice red uniforms!

Who wrote the funniest joke in the world?

I can't remember... But I DO remember the joke verbatim...

"Wenn is das nunnstuck git und slotermeyer? Ja, beiherhund das ober die flipperwald gesput!"

gah! I saw this sketch! I remember it was so funny, that he died.

hmmm... maybe I should pop-in those DVDs...

I also remember it, and am also desperatly trying to remember it, as trivia is great :)
I can more or less remember the whole sketch visualy, but i can never remember the words. damn and blast..

Edit: Ernest scribbler would be his name :P
i diddn't look it up.. honest.. :dopey:

In the sketch with the baby snatchers, what is the bizzare twist?

Eric Idle posted on Twitter yesterday about who funded 'The Holy Grail'... it's a pretty cool read:

Michael White Limited £78,750.00
Led Zeppelin £31,500.00
Island Records £21,000.00
Pink Floyd Music £21,000.00
Charisma Records £5,250.00
Heartaches (Tim Rice) £5,250.00
Chrysalis Records £6,300.00
Ian Anderson £6,300.00
Total £175,350.00

Michael White was the film's producer, but I didn't know that the rest was pretty much funded by bands and record labels...

Charisma were the label that Python released their albums on, but their main band at the time was Genesis... they were also home to the Bonzo Dog band, and Neil Innes featured in both that band and the movie itself.

Ian Anderson is from Jethro Tull, who were on both Island and Chrysalis records.

Floyd and Zeppelin are both surprises to me.

Of course, 'The Life Of Brian' was also funded via the Python's musical connections (well, Eric Idle's personal connections), when EMI refused to fund the film, and George Harrison ended up bank rolling the entire movie himself.

Back