Moon Over The Castle intro for all regions

Would you like to have Moon over The castle as the intro track of GT7 for all the countries?

• Yes

Votes: 42 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters
As stated in my own topic, I recognize that it is the series' theme and it's really good. Buuuut I vastly prefer Daiki Kasho, and it's also way more likely that, as sound designer now, he's going all in on GT7's soundtrack, including the opening movie.

But who knows? He could also do his own version of MOtC with vocalists as well if Kaz asks. *shrug*

Can't say I get the fascination with Daiki Kasho either but to each their own of course, we all have our musical tastes.

Can't say I get the fascination with Daiki Kasho either but to each their own of course, we all have our musical tastes.
Indeed. Likewise, I can easily just as say that I don't get the fascination with Travis Scott since Sony is working with him as of recent. Took a listen to his apparent number one hit yesterday and it sounds like generic rap music... *shrug* lol

I love Daiki's style because it's quite melodic. MOtC is, too, but Daiki's is more melodic. Stuff like "Flow," "5OUL," "Autoload" (from GTHD), "All My Life," his jingles from Sport, etc etc.

Indeed. Likewise, I can easily just as say that I don't get the fascination with Travis Scott since Sony is working with him as of recent. Took a listen to his apparent number one hit yesterday and it sounds like generic rap music... *shrug* lol

I love Daiki's style because it's quite melodic. MOtC is, too, but Daiki's is more melodic. Stuff like "Flow," "5OUL," "Autoload" (from GTHD), "All My Life," his jingles from Sport, etc etc.

Well 90% of modern popular music the kids are listening to these days sounds awful to me but that's another topic :P

I don't actively dislike Daiki stuff, it just doesn't grab me. Definitely better than MOTC though.

Hard pass. It's cheesy 80s rock metal, never cared for it personally.
Being a T-Square and Masahiro Andoh fan, I can tell you that I have 22 versions of the song by both them and many other artists, in many genres from fusion to rock, classical and EDM.

IOW the song could still be used in a genre that suits more peeps. I for one love the 5m37s GT5 Prologue version by Vince DiCola and Doug Bossi. It's friggin' epic, man. Definitely not '80s rock, more rock fusion / prog rock. Superb guitar and keyboard leads. That's the version I think of when I think of GT music.

Last edited:
So for me basically yes, when i listen to MOTC i always associate it with GT, probably the most iconic and historic song of the series

I am in total agreement, to be honest I'm shocked no one talked about this earlier in a topic in this forum.

I hated seeing GT1, 2 and 3 and then only to realise after that the MOTC tune was the main theme song for Gran Turismo. I also observed this during the early 2000's, found from a "friend" who had a chipped console that could play Japanese games or at that time on a Japanese/NTSC console.

So picture this, sitting in front of a CRT and the intro plays for Gran Turismo 3 A-spec and you see that TOM'S Supra emerge from the pitlane, and out blasts this guitar shredding epic swing of keys, bass and guitar to the sounds of the MOTC theme. I was blown back by how well A)it sounded and B)how well it synced up to the visuals.

I was really disappointed that I could not have the option to go to the setting menu and change the music in any of the games from GT1 to 4 and hear MOTC play while racing as it pumps you up. I really hate when SONY inject there infinite dumb wisdom and go and get a composer or sound designer to find a mediocre sounding "trendy pop tune" (not bashing Feeder- they awesome lol) or whatever and ask them to sync it up with pre-rendered visual of the game's intro.

WHY SONY WHY!!! :banghead:

Gran Turismo 7 is a big deal for a lot of fans, so it should play the with the MOTC theme song and allow you to change it after if you do so wish. At least give us that Kaz please! :bowdown:

Well, if Sport's Spec II opening is anything to go by, perhaps we'll get a short remix of MOtC in the first half and then Daiki Kasho in the second half. Probably his song that he did at Nightbird, since that seems to be an esteemed studio these days.

That way, they'll please both audiences. =P

I'm happy with the way it's integrated in GT Sport. As the intro for FIA Manu and also a snippet in the Spec 2 intro. Of course I'd love even more for it to be the main intro song, but I feel PD is still going to be pushing the new direction of GT esports and John Paesano's music will be here to stay.

Being a T-Square and Masahiro Andoh fan, I can tell you that I have 22 versions of the song by both them and many other artists, in many genres from fusion to rock, classical and EDM.

IOW the song could still be used in a genre that suits more peeps. I for one love the 5m37s GT5 Prologue version by Vince DiCola and Doug Bossi. It's friggin' epic, man. Definitely not '80s rock, more rock fusion / prog rock. Superb guitar and keyboard leads. That's the version I think of when I think of GT music.

Hear hear. I've got 26 versions in my library :P GT5P version is definitely up there. This one will always be my favourite though: GT2 piano version extended.

When I first played GT1 as a kid I didn't even know about the intro because I always skipped it (who wants to watch a movie instead of playing the game?). Then one day I accidentally left it playing and heard MOTC for the first time...I was hooked. Then I tried the GT2 disc to see if it also had an intro, and that one is even better :drool: In fact I'd say if it weren't for MOTC and how perfectly synced the GT1/2 intro were, I wouldn't become such a petrolhead that I am now. Kaz' passion for cars struck me right in the heart.

Hear hear right back at ya bro'! :cheers:

Maybe I need to look at my paltry 22 versions and up my game to get into your ballpark. I don't have any piano versions, just "bands", so there's room there, but I don't know...

Personally I never liked Moon Over The Castle, except the piano versions, and tbh would prefer if the opening movie was disabled by default or not present at all, since the only times I'd ever watch it was when starting a new game or if I wanted to watch it at random (but for that I'd watch it on YouTube anyway).

... and tbh would prefer if the opening movie was disabled by default or not present at all...
There's always been a preference option to disable it, as I'm sure you'd know, so if it's not switched off by-default you'd only have to watch it once.

From PD's POV, it's easy to understand how the company decided that it be enabled initially 'cause it'd be assumed to "enhance" the purchaser's experience. It may also entice a guest who may be viewing to buy into the hype.

From PD's POV, it's easy to understand how the company decided that it be enabled initially 'cause it'd be assumed to "enhance" the purchaser's experience.
Maybe. The problem I had with the intros is that they're usually very loud (not good when the rest of my family is in the other room) or, in the rare case I actually want to watch it, I can't skip through the boring opening credits section. That last point is why I usually watch the GT1 and GT2 intros.

Back