• 42 comments

Aquarelle

Pick up the pace, let’s go!
Premium
Australia
Brisbane
Uriehusky
Uriehusky
As some of you may know, I've been drifting for a fair while now.
In that time I've come to a sort of pondering point..

I'm starting to wonder what I find more enjoyable, drifting with more angle or with more speed.

More speed gives a great amount of thrill to me, getting my car as sideways as possible while hurtling towards a concrete wall before just catching it and flinging the car around the next corner using the inertia.

However I also find sacrificing speed in order to get more angle very enjoyable too.

So what's the point of this thread? well simply put I want to know what every ones opinion is, do you prefer speed or angle?

Precise control, no matter what you are doing.

Naturally, but that can be found in both forms of drifting.

I take immense enjoyment and I put a great deal of effort into pushing my S2K to it's absolute limit, rarely through making tuning adjustments but rather by constant practice and constantly pushing the boundaries.

However because that can be found in both of these 'methods' it's really just figuring out which style of drifting I find more enjoyable.

The question is mostly just to see how other people feel about the subject since how other people feel isn't exactly going to help with my own preference :lol:

I very much prefer speed over angle. That's just my racing standpoint. Never found a need for the stylistic characteristics of drifting.

Angle and Speed all the way! Without speed, angle is nothing and angle is nothing without speed. I haven't seen anybody with impressive angle and impressive speed yet. If you do both it looks pro and stunning.

Depends weather I'm leading or following. If I'm following I will win for speed if I am behind, but if I'm door to door I'll focus on angle while making sure I'm keeping up.

Angle and Speed all the way! Without speed, angle is nothing and angle is nothing without speed. I haven't seen anybody with impressive angle and impressive speed yet. If you do both it looks pro and stunning.

This. In order to have massive angle you need the speed to carry you around the turn smoothly without loosing that initial angle you began with.

+1

Edit: I forgot to mention, I agree with the first part of your post....but there are a few GTP drifters out there who manage to pull off the combo of high speed and massive angle. It is very impressive to watch!

This. In order to have massive angle you need the speed to carry you around the turn smoothly without loosing that initial angle you began with.
+1

I like to build and carry high speed through certain corners or sections, and then use that speed to throw massive angle into the following corner or section.

GVS is one of my favorite tracks to use this style of drifting on

Last edited:
ANGLE!! Everyone who knows me has that figured out lol. Although I do agree that speed and angle are work partners; I think that angle is a more enjoyable way of drifting. I find that the feeling of you going to the point right between spinning and a perfect angle is just priceless; you feel on the edge of the cliff.. you feel you are on the limit all around every corner no matter where. (IMO)

I don't like a lot of angle just because most people want you to maintain it through the whole drift.

So I consider it less fun.

Sorry but

cm-34973-050bd3e03babe8.png

Speaking the truth :lol:

Sorry but why

Why don't we have both?

Speaking the truth :lol:

:lol: you're not wrong, but I still feel there's a preference there.

A good drift will have nice speed and nice angle, but I notice some people lean more towards getting more angle and some more towards getting more speed.

It's interesting to see where the preference lies, at least to me 👍

I tend towards speed, in a decent line. Slow with massive angle doesn't get me as fired up. If I can sling the car in, clip a front wheel on the apex, then end the drift just before my rears run out of room on the exit, I'm generally happy. Of course, doing this with extreme angle would be even better!

Cheers,

Bread

I tend towards neither. If you're alone, go for angle. That way you can learn how the car handles under the most difficult circumstances. If people want speed, they should go play Nascar ;)

When tandeming, as I said... Neither. Adapt your style to the person, and car that's drifting with you. Nothing more, nothing less.

I tend towards neither. If you're alone, go for angle. That way you can learn how the car handles under the most difficult circumstances. If people want speed, they should go play Nascar ;)

When tandeming, as I said... Neither. Adapt your style to the person, and car that's drifting with you. Nothing more, nothing less.

I prefer to be slow & sideways. But you need enough speed to hold a nice line & reach CP's. & @ Dom I totally disagree people shouldnt play Nascar no matter what the reason it just gloryfied scalectrix/slot car racing in rubbish cars. In my opinion Nascar should have a worldwide ban we just dont need it, Any other motorsport it miles better.

^ You clearly never really played NASCAR. :lol: It is not my favorite motorsport, but i respect it... because if you think that drive at over 350km/h, around so many and so close cars is easy, you are clearly wrong.

^ You clearly never really played NASCAR. :lol: It is not my favorite motorsport, but i respect it... because if you think that drive at over 350km/h, around so many and so close cars is easy, you are clearly wrong.

Have you read a single 'easy' in his or my statements? We aren't talking about difficulty... -.-

Obviously you did play Nascar. Might explain some things.

Have you read a single 'easy' in his or my statements? We aren't talking about difficulty... -.-

Obviously you did play Nascar. Might explain some things.
Yep, different than you i can play anything... :lol: Nascar, drift, rally, circuit, drag... whatever.

C'mon gals, behave :lol:

I'm not really talking about tandeming, I'm more referring to 'solo' drifting. What you find more enjoyable in your free time when you're mucking about on a track 👍

Yep, different than you i can play anything... :lol: Nascar, drift, rally, circuit, drag... whatever.

Yes you can play anything I'l you are the best at anything & whoever disagree's or writes their own opinion is wrong. I get you. & yeah Ive never played Nascar I dont even know what it is I just based my opinion on nothing.

Yes you can play anything I'l you are the best at anything & whoever disagree's or writes their own opinion is wrong. I get you.

Wow... really? That comment was not even towards you man, so, please, chill...

Edit: My post about the Nascar, you can dislike it how much you want, but learn on respect other motorsport category, because each of them have their own value.

Wow... really? That comment was not even towards you man, so, please, chill...

Edit: My post about the Nascar, you can dislike it how much you want, but learn on respect other motorsport category, because each of them have their own value.

The one before it was to me unless your just choosing to post a disagreement whenever Dom posts anything. I think I know which one it is, Like I said I get you.

Back