More Free Cars on the Way for Forza Motorsport 7; Car Pass Gets Extended

Gets a free car, news of two free DLC packs (if season pass was purchased) and more free content on the way.

Complains about it.

This community...

Note that this is only some. And why should that let T10 off scott free from what has been an ultimately enraging release cycle?

Nothing juicy in this WIR which means for the whole month of May all we got was the new Civic type R....what a let down and waste of a month to be honest. Let's hope June provides us with some fresh cars for once.

Months without car packs have happened to Forza before, so in my opinion not a disappointment how the free Civic was all there was. It was definitely something!

I know right? The Forza fanbase is much WORSE on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.

Have you ever written a post that doesn't complain about the Forza community?

I dont think a few free cars or a new car pack for people with the car pass is going to move the needle on FM7.

Its like that free Civic. Wow. Am I suppose to get excited over a car that's like $50,000 to buy? I'm sitting on millions anyway.

Months without car packs have happened to Forza before, so in my opinion not a disappointment how the free Civic was all there was. It was definitely something!

Have you ever written a post that doesn't complain about the Forza community?
Oh I appreciated it not being ungrateful or anything but just saying how just one car for a whole month definitely seemed lackluster. Considering the last 3 Motorsport games we had a continuous dlc cycle after the car pass expired and even some Expansions so was just hoping for at least a dlc pack this month. Again let's see what they have in store for June since this month came and went.

I got a free Koeniggegg Regera for completing some event.

Thats a million times more worth of praise than a damn Civic.

There's a recent video where Brian Eckberg was detailing the changes that would bring new life to FM7 and it excited me.

Until I watched the video and realised it was nothing.

They should be doing the two expansions of the type seen in FM6 but even at this point I think they realise that the resources spend on this may not be recouped at $20 apiece if people dont care any more....

Oh I appreciated it not being ungrateful or anything but just saying how just one car for a whole month definitely seemed lackluster. Considering the last 3 Motorsport games we had a continuous dlc cycle after the car pass expired and even some Expansions so was just hoping for at least a dlc pack this month. Again let's see what they have in store for June since this month came and went.

I wasn't implying you were being ungrateful. Anyway, I'm quite sure there was no car pack in the month where the Ford GT LM was released for FM6. Maybe I'm wrong.

It doesn't really matter to me personally though. Turn 10 said Car Pass holder are getting two more packs, but when those will drop is not really important. In fact, I like having stuff to look forward to while I still build my FM7 car collection. For some strange reason my motivation for a game always seems to fade when the majority of support ends. That's not to say I would buy everything they might release beyond the Car Pass, but stretching whatever there is planned closer to FH4 kind of fuels the hobby over the game's lifespan.

I got a free Koeniggegg Regera for completing some event.

Thats a million times more worth of praise than a damn Civic.

The Regera was in the game since day one, and locked cars aren't praiseworthy.

The Regera was in the game since day one, and locked cars aren't praiseworthy.

I didnt know that but saying that getting a free new car is good because they still locked good cars isnt much of an argument for turn 10... they are doing a lot of lazy decisions here and a Civic isnt worth anything to me.

I didnt know that but saying that getting a free new car is good because they still locked good cars isnt much of an argument for turn 10...

I didn't imply it was good because some cars are locked. Not even close.

Getting a free 2018 car is good because - well, it's free. One doesn't need more of an argument here.

they are doing a lot of lazy decisions here and a Civic isnt worth anything to me.

They do seem lazy in many ways, but adding cars to the game is surely not one of them. I'm not a big Civic fan myself, but it's still a car that had to be added to Forza one way or another.

Well sure ok, maybe a lot of people are easily pleased. You cant expect everyone to be over the moon over a Civic just because some people are.,,,

I didnt know that but saying that getting a free new car is good because they still locked good cars isnt much of an argument for turn 10... they are doing a lot of lazy decisions here and a Civic isnt worth anything to me.
You know dude. I don't think Turn 10 is ever to going to unlock the locked cars no matter what, except obtaining them through events. So trying to start an arguement on that subject just seems like a waste of time...

And yes, T10 do seem lazy in certain areas but at least they're making an effort to handle things (and I'm not defending them, just saying in case you or any lurker thinks I'm fanboying, which I'm sure some do behind my back). But there's nothing with adding cars like the Civic into the game because, as @Nielsen said, it's free. It doesn't interfere with anything they're trying to do either sooo...

Last edited:
They should be doing the two expansions of the type seen in FM6 but even at this point I think they realise that the resources spend on this may not be recouped at $20 apiece if people dont care any more
You mean like the one that largely consisted of rehashes of the same expansion that has been coming out for multiple iterations, or the one that basically consisted of one vehicle with 20 different liveries being counted as different cars? Yeah, no thanks. It’s odd that you’d be willing to pay for that but have such gripes with a FREE vehicle.

I'd rather have some sort of rally expansion considering all the basically pointless offroaders and rally cars in this game, but knowing Turn 10, they won't do it because it makes too much sense.

I'd rather have some sort of rally expansion considering all the basically pointless offroaders and rally cars in this game, but knowing Turn 10, they won't do it because it makes too much sense.
With 700 cars in the game, off-roaders are the absolute largest amount of vehicles in the game to be considered for an expansion? There’s no other significant type of cars that also have a large count in the game? For every offroader there’s a multitude of other cars.

I think you’re trying to reach a bit too far with that edginess. At this point I’d prefer more tracks than anything else.

Hope we get the leaked Mclaren Senna soon!!
I don't see why not it would slot right into the hypercar division probably not far off from the p1 GTR. Side note if and when we do get it, I'm doing a 1 vs 1 with it against the p1 GTR for reference. Can't wait.

So, Since DLC content usually releases on Tuesdays, and Microsofts E3 conference is on a monday, and T10 like to wait until the last minute to announce DLC releases...

What I hope happens at E3 is after they show of Forza Horizon 4, Dan comes out and says "to give you something to do until FH4 releases here is a new Expansion pack for Forza Motorsport 7, and to reward our loyal players you can play it for free starting tomorrow".
Would help Microsoft and T10 win back some of the respect they lost from the community after FM7's underwhelming reception.

With 700 cars in the game, off-roaders are the absolute largest amount of vehicles in the game to be considered for an expansion? There’s no other significant type of cars that also have a large count in the game? For every offroader there’s a multitude of other cars.

I think you’re trying to reach a bit too far with that edginess. At this point I’d prefer more tracks than anything else.
My point is that the offroaders are a waste of space. What other type of car in the game is really deserving of an expansion? Does an offroad expansion just suddenly not make sense?

Tracks. Yes. That's what I'm talking about. We need some sort of stadium tracks or rallycross circuits to actually make use of the plethora of useless offroaders

So, Since DLC content usually releases on Tuesdays, and Microsofts E3 conference is on a monday, and T10 like to wait until the last minute to announce DLC releases...

What I hope happens at E3 is after they show of Forza Horizon 4, Dan comes out and says "to give you something to do until FH4 releases here is a new Expansion pack for Forza Motorsport 7, and to reward our loyal players you can play it for free starting tomorrow".
Would help Microsoft and T10 win back some of the respect they lost from the community after FM7's underwhelming reception.
That's honestly the last hope for an expansion, E3. If we get nothing for E3 then bet on no Expansion coming at all, which honestly with them laying out plans for 2 more dlc packs and some free cars it already kinda says we won't see one. But let's wait and see as anything is possible.

True. But off-roaders are the one that are suffering the most from a lack of proper venues that allow them to fully show their potential. If they were to throw a couple of dirt tracks on our way, maybe with some jumping ramps, things would be really interesting.

That seems like a very plausible scenario. 👍

Speaking of it though, now I'm a bit curious if Dan is going to debut a new upcoming real world car with FH4 as well. Can't think of anything in development right now that's close enough to be introduced yet.

That seems like a very plausible scenario. 👍

Speaking of it though, now I'm a bit curious if Dan is going to debut a new upcoming real world car with FH4 as well. Can't think of anything in development right now that's close enough to be introduced yet.
2019 mid engined c8 Corvette? Or 2019 Shelby gt500...?

If the FH4 Japan rumors are true then Toyota & Lexus better come back to Forza. Otherwise that would feel like an even bigger absence of an important car brand than it already is in FM7. I mean... Japan... no Toyota... it's almost unimaginable.

FH2 & FM6 were actually the last Forza games where all major brands were represented, FH2 even still had some RUF in it. FH3 missed VW and FM7 misses Toyota & Lexus.

And I know games like The Crew 2 are off even worse with no Toyota, no Mitsubishi, no Subaru, no.... a lot of car brands missing. But for some reason I always think of FM/FH to be the complete representation of car brands, probably due to them having it before (FH2/FM6) and because of the high car count. It's the game where you expect every generation of M3 to be in, every Corvette, every MX-5 etc. For about every other racing game having brands absent never seems to feel so wrong as having them absent in Forza.

VW came back after being absent for 1 game, let's hope it's the same for Toyota.

If they have managed to negotiate Toyota back for FH4, then it would be seriously nice if the Toyota / Lexus lineups would be brought into FM7 as Forzathon prizes leading up to the release of FH4. You know, kind of similar to what was done for most Porsche models in FH3, and Turn 10 has already said more free cars are planned for inclusion. My imagination is probably running wild now, but not far-fetched either.

Well the garage limit is 900 and we currently have 772 different cars (in Forza terms) in the game. So there sure is room for 2 extra car packs and all the missing Toyota’s and Lexuses (Lexi?) from previous Forza.

Back