More info about GT Sport confirmed!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 71 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
SVX
Then it wouldn't really be an April Fools joke would it? I have no idea why people are taking it as a form of a breach of the AUP, it was a joke people.

Sure it would, I suspect the amount of clicks he'd get just from people seeing it under recent post would be just the same there as here. The only difference I suspect is people would wonder why they're in the off topics sub-forum and not a GT one.

Sure it would, I suspect the amount of clicks he'd get just from people seeing it under recent post would be just the same there as here. The only difference I suspect is people would wonder why they're in the off topics sub-forum and not a GT one.

Hardly - the idea of an April Jokes prank is to fool someone. As I said before, people are taking this far too literally.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can't wait to try GTS in May, the 1st car I will drive is a standard car on a standard track :lol: if I can rob someone to buy PS4 :lol:

SVX
Hardly - the idea of an April Jokes prank is to fool someone. As I said before, people are taking this far too literally.

Yes I know the idea, and as I said it would have still had the same effect of fooling. Yet people wouldn't be upset once they realized what sub-forum they're in. Other people have done this type of thing before with what I suggested and people take it better than they have here. Anyways we're repeating ourselves and thus it's counter productive at this point.

Thing is, this joke is quite old(from the US Gran Turismo website)

Gran Turismo SPORT
Beta testing begins early 2016

Platform: PlayStation®4
*as of March 2015

1/10 for effort.
latest

Have a look at these automotive April Fool posts this year:

Arsenal's Emirates stadium to gain a Citroen sunroof - http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160331/citro-n-inspires-first-stadium-sunroof
Skoda makes special dog umbrella accessory for Superb - http://www.carsuk.net/skoda-reveals-dog-umbrella-option-superb/
Vauxhall Adam C adds zero emissions through clockwork - http://media.vauxhall.co.uk/media/g...16/vauxhall/04-01-adam-c-heralds-new-era.html
MINI Hipster Hatch, with fixed drive and twin deck cassette player - https://www.mini.co.uk/content/MINI/marketUK/mini_co_uk/en_GB/home/explore/hipster-hatch.html

Notice that they all have a few things in common:
They're silly
They're very faintly plausible
They feature a few obvious nods to the fact they're a joke, usually in the names of the experts (Skoda - Dr. Jacque Rustle) or features (MINI - Instagram filter windows)

Notice the things they don't do:
Start with "This isn't an April Fool's joke".
Pose as real throughout
End with a link to Rick Astley's website

The difference here is that yours is so obviously nonsense from the outset that it loses any merit as a joke and there's no actual humour in the body of the post - and if anyone does take it seriously (and there are people who take everything on GTPlanet, the number 1 resource for Gran Turismo news, as real and then spread it far and wide; you only have to think back to the Confirmed GT4 Car List that we had posted here every week, which was a wishlist posted here originally, taken as genuine and posted somewhere else and then posted back here over and over again as real) it's just malicious misinformation. We're going to get so many people asking why the game isn't out yet after we gave a release date and blaming us/PD/Sony/Kaz for it.

I know we're in the era of internet trolling, whereby you can act as mind-bendingly stupid as you want and justify it away with "for the lulz" (much the way little children pretend they weren't being morons by saying "BUT I WAS ONLY JOKING"), but that's not what this site is about and you don't get a free pass because it's a day meant for joking about. It's April Fool's Day, not April Troll's Day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back