More Rally?

  • Thread starter Thread starter realwerewolf
  • 9 comments
  • 1,252 views

realwerewolf

(Banned)
Messages
128
I loved the rally events in GT5, as there more or is it just the special events? I would love more rally events in GT5, its better rally racing then dirt. I know Gt5 is not about Rally really but Maybe some DLC?
 
I think there is room for more rally as there are no races for those rally tracks such as Chamonix to race on other than the Sebastien Loeb challenge and arcade mode ,although I do love the new rally stages.
 
They need to fix the co-driver though. His pace notes, especially on the fast stuff come way to late.

I turn off the course map to make it more realistic. Perhaps they thought we'd use pace notes w/ the course map, idk.

They should take lead from RBR & CMR titles as far as managing pace notes go. Heck even DiRT2 is better for the traditional stage rallies.
 
I love the rally events. I think I have all gold in Special Events. I wish there were more races.
 
Wach time you do the expert rally event the Special Stages are different as they are autogenerated so you can keep doing new ones :)
 
Honestly, PD should make a fully WRC game. Add in more detailed and factoring damage, and they have something that could top even RBR.

And that is saying alot coming out of my mouth / keyboard.
 
The stages are way to short. A 45 seconds stage? Seriously?
 
The stages are way to short. A 45 seconds stage? Seriously?

The advance stages can last up to 5 or so minutes - with PLENTY of turns and sharp corners.
 
Rally is pretty under representing considering its been around so long, you'd figure it would at least get 25% the size of the normal Circuit stuff.
 
Last edited:
I want to like it, but they need to do some work on what they've got before adding more. For some reason, they put the track map dead center on the screen instead of off to the side where it works just fine and wouldn't be right in the line of sight. What prompted this decision is beyond me.

No biggie right? I'll turn off the course map and just use the co-driver... oops, he sometimes makes inaccurate calls, is often too late with the calls, and sometimes he just decides to leave turns completely off his sheet.

So the map is in the way and the co-driver is borderline useless. Can't "learn" the courses because they change up each time. So, I figure hey, I'll just turn on the racing line, but no it's blocked out.

This is THE first thing in the game that has bugged me. Oddly enough, I've had no problems with any dirt or snow stages, just the pure tarmac stages.
 
Back