More Sport races please!

• Thread starter Phelyx2085
  • 33 comments
Germany
Germany
i really wish there were more sport races going on. I find that I spend more time waiting for the next race than actually racing.

Perhaps 3 races of each category? And have them start in 5 minute intervals. The one make races are usually over so quickly that by the time I get into the zone, they are already over.

Anyone else share my sentiment?

I would like more races for some more variety day-to-day. I did get kind of lucky today with timing: I raced the Gr.3 at Suzuka and although they only have one every 30 minutes, by the time I was done with one, it was 3 minutes until the next one. Felt like I was racing 40 minutes straight. Today was lucky for me though, I am usually waiting more than that, especially on the shorter races.

I don't think that's luck - Race C changed from a duration of 30 minutes to a shorter 25 minutes a few nights ago. Since then it's been possible to go directly from one race into another, which is exactly what's needed.

Before I would only be able to do one per hour and would not often be willing to wait between sessions, so this new schedule has me racing more often.

I like the current schedule since 1.07, but i do wish they had 1 race for each Category, something like 2 more races daily total looking like this:

1 N class one make race
1 GR.X one make race
1 GR.3 garage race
1 GR.1 garage race
1 GR.4 garage race

I feel like GR.X and GR.1 are kind of being wasted right now, at least for Sport mode players.

Maybe also add 1 weekly bonus mini GR.3 Endurance race! Around 15-20 laps on most tracks, or 4-5 laps on Nurburgring N24 with 3x tire/fuel wear or so, for longer race fans.

Last edited:
Semi off topic. In the one make races where the game provided the car .. I wish there was the option of choosing to use your own car id you had it. That way you can use custom liveries and rims, as well as accumulating stats for your own car :).
I just had the same thought earlier today. So tired of stock cars.

It's weird, I really thought they will add more online championships but with the themes of old GT champs. If you look at the user interface design for the Sport mode, it's like there is plenty of space on the calendar for more FIA-style online championship slots, except more in the old GT-mode style.

Semi off topic. In the one make races where the game provided the car .. I wish there was the option of choosing to use your own car id you had it. That way you can use custom liveries and rims, as well as accumulating stats for your own car :).
Isn't that the case already??? Or am I loosing it (I'll check later, about the car, not the loosing part)

A bigger choice of races would certainly help. Some days I don't bother at all with the car/tracks combinations on offer.

Some odd choices too. Low powered cars at tracks that are 95% full throttle mean you'll often run a race where nothing happens. The grid has you in order from fastest to slowest and the race is so pedestrian that barely anyone puts a foot wrong.

Contraversially, I would like them to keep the same track/ car combinations for 2 or even 3 days so that you have a chance to practice, get competitive and enjoy the races rather than having to adapt every day.

Perhaps a couple of races that change daily and a couple of races that change every 3 days?

Contraversially, I would like them to keep the same track/ car combinations for 2 or even 3 days so that you have a chance to practice, get competitive and enjoy the races rather than having to adapt every day.

Perhaps a couple of races that change daily and a couple of races that change every 3 days?

Yeah they should do it like Dirt Rally, daily, weekly and monthly events.
Daily ones were always just one stage, weekly were one rally and monthly ones were mini championships.

More 10 lap races please, I would even welcome even more laps with a forced pit stop to bring some strategy into the mix. The super short 4 lap races are terrible and meaningless since they are almost always chaotic as hell.

Not really a fan of how they get changed everyday, would be nice if they stayed up for 3-4 days or maybe even a week like before.

^^yep, I gave up on the 3 and 4 lap races.
typically have no desire to run the cars selected for N races, and Gr4 is no longer appealing... So, I'm racing nothing but Gr3.
Which is fine... I enjoy them. It's good there are choices.
I would be fine with more choices.

Other things not seen: Willow Springs or Broadbean Raceway in Sport mode.

There must be a long term plan for the game. There's a lot of stuff in the game that is simply not used (wet weather tyres, tuning options, gr.1 cars).

I can only guess (and hope) that they are trying to sustain the game population for as long as possible by drip feeding the content..? The truth is most gamers ditch a new game within two weeks and move on to the next big thing so if this approach works I'm all for it.

(Sidenote: I got PSN plus for GTS, but as I never had it before I went to play Wipeout Omega collection online for the first time - found that all servers were empty. That's a game from just a few months ago!)

The more races people have to choose from, the more spread out the player base, and more time between races would be necessary to fill grids. What PD are able to do with race scheduling and choice is highly dependent on how many people play regularly. In my opinion.

If they unlock the game regionally at some point, I assume the number of choices will go up as everyone worldwide will be picking from the same races.

I seem to remember that the beta had more choices (I did not get an invite, not sure here) for race types. I also seem to remember it was not locked by region?

If they unlock the game regionally at some point, I assume the number of choices will go up as everyone worldwide will be picking from the same races.

I would think that the problem with opening up the races worldwide would be ping and lag from the distances and some countries not really having top shelf internet capabilities to begin with.

Even now with regional locking I see some countries within the NA region the racers from that country in many cases do not have very high connection "bars" showing and figuring out exactly where they are on the track at any particular moment is no more than a guessing game from the lag.

I am sure that would be worse overall adding in many thousands of extra miles of distance to the connections.

The more races people have to choose from, the more spread out the player base, and more time between races would be necessary to fill grids. What PD are able to do with race scheduling and choice is highly dependent on how many people play regularly. In my opinion.

I seem to remember that the beta had more choices (I did not get an invite, not sure here) for race types. I also seem to remember it was not locked by region?

Worldwide would be a mess. We already have people lagging bad in the NA region as it is. It's usually the Brazillians but sometimes it's Americans.

In F1 2016 it wasn't region locked. Sometimes cars would just shoot across your screen from nowhere. I have played with UK players without too much lag issues. But, the lag I see with some of the Brazilians is really bad.

Group 1 racing would be chaotic as hell, agreed there should be more tracks used and rally would be ok if it were SR exempt (its too crazy to even attempt clean racing) but I think PD have a vision to create a decent driving community and then up the difficulty possibly with small barriers to the racing.

Maybe Gr1 is restricted to A and S SR drivers with B or higher DR? I can't see the E group people being anything but a 300km/h pinball match.

Suzuka sunset, can’t take it anymore!!! So damned bright, not quite unplayable, dwfinlity not enjoyable. I haven’t cleanly done the section editing the hairpin and entering the Spoon once. I always go off track in the long right.

Back