Smoke
Shang Tsung
Rain (spoiled by SonicFox)
Noob Saibot

Green= Confirmed
Blue= Heavily Rumored by Maximilian
Red= Not ruled out by Maximilian​

EDIT1: Added more characters to the list and added the gameplay presser

EDIT2: Changed the color on confirmed characters since it doesn't want to show up on GTP.

Last edited:
The live reveal is going on right now, and holy hell I don't understand how this game is even able to be sold. :lol:

As someone who grew up playing these games, I might pick this up (I've got IX and X), but don't like the idea of having to pre-order to get a character. Will wait to read more on if that's simply a timed exclusive.

Also, character customization looks like it could be a microtransaction nightmare.

I can already tell people are going to get sick of seeing those fatal moves really fast, just because you get it for free when your health bar runs low and they're almost as long as an actual fatality cutscene.

Just wanted everyone to know that I will be updating the OP tomorrow. I have some videos to watch about the reveal before I update it.

Done at 12:04am US Central Time.

Last edited:
Also, character customization looks like it could be a microtransaction nightmare.
Answering your concerns about the microtransactions, there was an interview released a week ago between Ed Boon and Angry Joe on YouTube and near the end of the video, Joe asked Ed regarding the situation about the Microtransactions being in Mortal Kombat 11, and although Ed wasn’t allowed to get into the specifics about them in MK11, he stated that the Microtransactions shouldn’t be as bad as they were in Injustice. *He also stated in the video he was mad about the microtransactions in Injustice for a week.*

Here’s the video of the full interview. It’s definitely worth a watch for anyone who’s interested in the game.

Time to play the three character code game. The following is courtesy of a LEAK from Netherrealm itself, and so it is time to identify characters.

The following is from SteamDB.info if you want to check it out.

CAS (suspected to be Cassie Cage)
CET
DVO (Confirmed to be Devorah)
FRO (Suspected to be Frost)
JAC (Suspected to be Jacquline Briggs)
JAD
KAB (Kabal)
KAN (Kano)
KOL
KOT (Suspected to be Kotal Kahn)
KUN (suspected to be Kung Lao)
LIU (Suspected to be Liu Kang)
SCO (Scorpion)
TER

Outside of Kung Lao, I will file each of these as confirmed in black.

Dead thread is dead lol.

I happened to pick this up upon release, and I'm actually really enjoying it. This is the first MK game I've played since... I don't even know.. the third or 4th one? I'm loving the customization, but I just wish they would let you select colors you want instead, I think that would make for much more interesting combinations, and individuality.

I originally started with Skarlet. She's great for keeping range between you and the enemy, but her move set was just a bit boring so I switched out to Skorpion. I used him for a pretty long time, and his combo's we're easy to get used to. Eventually I realized that everyone and their mom would use him so switched back to Skarlet. I learned some interesting combo's, but again, I got bored of her moveset. I recently switched to Raiden in the past week or two and found him to be much more interesting, and at the very least, visually pleasing with all the lightning lol. So far, I think I'm doing the best with him.

Anyone else happen to have this, and play on Xbox?

Yes those bars are yellow any settings to get rid of them
You want to remove the health bars? That's an odd thing to do in a fighting game.

I don't think there's any option for that as those are pretty much necessary to know how much life you or your opponent has. However, I haven't exactly looked in a while.

Back