Most badass car ever produced?

• Thread starter Hyst
  • 101 comments
I agree, tuner and race cars dont count here, those aren't "production" (but those primer black Porsche and Silvia ARE bad-ass)

So, for my money, I give you:

87GNX.jpg

I dont think there has been a baddest-ass car coming out of Detroit than this thing. Incredibly tunneable, and you know... Darth Vader!!!

I agree with the GNX as well, simply bad-ass.

Definetly the 1969 Yenko Camaro!

yenko1.jpg

yenkocamaro.jpg

Very awesome, but ZL1 was badder.:sly:

Good old Falcon GT's. I first saw one at a small shopping centre in a carpark. It looks absolutely evil. A guy appeared fro no where and started it up. It scared the crap outta me. The sound of that V8 sounded brilliant, indescribable. Vid of a similar car.

I mentioned the GTHO Phase IV, but on looks the Phase III was better.

I dont no what year but the Ford Mustang Fastback GT500 (Eleanor in Gone in 60 Seconds) looked badass to me

'67 GT500
EleanorRamspeed1.jpg

Pretty badass

2ndgenvette.jpg

The definition of badass

The C2 wasn't as bad-ass as the C3 Stingrays.:dopey:

The C2 wasn't as bad-ass as the C3 Stingrays.:dopey:

No other Corvette was as badass as Stingray ;)

They are just way to sinister. I once stood next to one and a 69' Camaro at a hot rod show both with blowers and both loud as hell. Most likely one of the most orgasmic moments of my life until I heard Top Fuel cars.

The Cobra, RS200 and the Speed 12 are totally badass cars. 👍 As for me:

0506_04z+1995_nissan_skyline_gtr_r33+front_view.jpg

Nicknamed "Godzilla". There's a reason why..... ;)

RUF%20CTR3%202.jpg

How more badass can a car get than the RUF CTR. They shatter speed records like there was no tomorrow. Only time will tell before they break another speed record.

escudo20pikes203%5B1%5D.jpg

Who could forget this car! Its the god-like car from GT2! :D

2661219421_c31e8bafc8.jpg

:bowdown:

1193316280_567afebe6c.jpg

Made famous from the film Climb Dance. :eek:

BenzCLR3.jpg

This car is so badass that it flipped 3 times before it landed onto the ground in the Le Mans race. 👍

nickop187.jpg

Brabus Rocket anyone...?
brabus_rocket_8.jpg

Or anything by Brabus really...
brabus-bullit-black-arrow.jpg

brabus_slr_roadster-03.jpg

1-570_8w.jpg

BrabusUnimogU500.jpg

Wald Black Bison works for me too...
black_bison_mercedes_s_class_1.jpg

Last edited:
Going back to the records argument, i'd like to point out that the McLaren STILL holds the record for fastest Naturally Aspirated production car.

Pretty sure thats Mark Webber in that "flippin" merc.
that other merc "the Maybach"does it for me!!!!!!!

Going back to the records argument, i'd like to point out that the McLaren STILL holds the record for fastest Naturally Aspirated production car.

If the McLaren were a train, it'd be Mallard: It may be out tech'd, out run by newer cars, but it will always remain an icon.

This is the single most badass car ever produced ever:

455.jpg

455rb5.jpg

Blade's '68 440 Charger.

[/thread]

Last edited:
If the McLaren were a train, it'd be Mallard: It may be out tech'd, out run by newer cars, but it will always remain an icon.

I don't think it's that far behind the current supercars. Some aspects of it are still more advanced.

593283484_8deef2f23c.jpg

cant believe noones given these original badass cars a mention
81708.1964.Ford.Fairlane.jpg

fairlane thunderbolt
00310793E10_1.jpg

galaxie lightweight
co640902.jpg

mercury comet a/fx
amc303.jpg

amc rebel machine
image002.jpg

hurst s/c rambler
TopEliminator064.jpg

dodge ramcharger
65pbafx_02.jpg

plymouth belvedere super stock
1962_Pontiac_Catalina_421_Super_Duty_Hardtop_Black_Side.jpg

catalina super duty

tick all the right boxes and you could get these from the factory :sly:
huge huuuge engine and a lightweight body perfect :D

Rue
Brabus Rocket anyone...?
brabus_rocket_8.jpg

Or anything by Brabus really...
brabus-bullit-black-arrow.jpg

brabus_slr_roadster-03.jpg

1-570_8w.jpg

BrabusUnimogU500.jpg

I just soiled myself. :drool:

Another badass car?

2152886320076738549gpMqlM_ph.jpg

1992 Pontiac SLP Firehawk Firebird, which gives a big middle finger wave to the Covette just like the GNX did. :D

I'm glad someone already mentioned the Carlton. I prefer my Lotus, but disregarding that bias, it would've still be the first car to come to mind when I read the thread title. I'd also have to agree with the TVR's that have been posted. The Tuscan would probably be my top pick, it's just so mean yet still so classy. It's like the punkrocker who made millions with some clever business idea and shows up to all sorts of high class luncheons. It pulls off the bad boy with so much taste.

Fail,Veyron didnt hold any "record" as nothing was independly verified.

Epic fail, yes they are its the nature of the championship in which the car races, the rear tyres are road legal too and have thread.

There's a big difference from saying a street legal car won a race with race spec vs street legal, thats all im saying. And i guess this is in England, but those tires would not be legal in the US and on the strip it looked like they were slicks

Regardless, thanks for abusing fail and epic fail for minor (if at all) fallacies both in my case, and the person who was arguing with me. Everyone else here has been pretty mature, this was a disappointment, I will even say i was wrong, there's just no reason for a reply like that, imo.

And i guess this is in England, but those tires would not be legal in the US and on the strip it looked like they were slicks
Why do you keep saying they wouldn't be legal in the US. Ever heard of DOT-approved drag radials?

Exactly. Slicks with one or two grooves in them. It really doesn't take much for a tire to be considered a "Street" Tire.

Porsche 917/30

The most powerful closed wheel sports racing car to roam the earth.

Flat 12 at 5374 cc. Two turbos. 39 psi. 1100 hp in race trim. Up to ~1500 hp in testing/qualifying.

1,873 lbs (850 kg) and a chassis that didn't actually handle very well. No ABS. No traction control. Rudimentary aerodynamics by modern standards. 1970s tire technology. A '69 917 had already killed British gentleman-driver John Woolfe at LeMans. So what did they do? Add more power!

It was simply a big, hairy BEAST of a car and it dominated CanAm in 1973, with Mark Donahue behind the wheel.

Amazingly, two examples were reported registered as street cars.

If this isn't the most badassed car ever produced, I don't know what is.

M

Porsche 917/30

The most powerful closed wheel sports racing car to roam the earth.

Flat 12 at 5374 cc. Two turbos. 39 psi. 1100 hp in race trim. Up to ~1500 hp in testing/qualifying.

1,873 lbs (850 kg) and a chassis that didn't actually handle very well. No ABS. No traction control. Rudimentary aerodynamics by modern standards. 1970s tire technology. A '69 917 had already killed British gentleman-driver John Woolfe at LeMans. So what did they do? Add more power!

It was simply a big, hairy BEAST of a car and it dominated CanAm in 1973, with Mark Donahue behind the wheel.

Amazingly, two examples were reported registered as street cars.

If this isn't the most badassed car ever produced, I don't know what is.

M

agree on taht in the race car side; maybe also this:

porsche-935-mobydick.jpg

or any other version of the 935 (:

A '69 917 had already killed British gentleman-driver John Woolfe at LeMans. So what did they do? Add more power!
To be fair, the 917/30 was rather far removed from the essential "aircraft wing with wheels" that the original 917 long tail was. Remember, retroactively rudimentary or not, Can-Am was the forefront of just about every piece of racing technology there was in the 70s; aerodynamics not being an exception.

To be fair, the 917/30 was rather far removed from the essential "aircraft wing with wheels" that the original 917 long tail was. Remember, retroactively rudimentary or not, Can-Am was the forefront of just about every piece of racing technology there was in the 70s; aerodynamics not being an exception.

Sure no question; CamAm cars were very technologically advanced in their day. But if you consider the amount of power the car had and how fast it could go versus how much mechanical grip and downforce it made...

..and compare it to LMP cars of today, the thing was a beast! I have total respect for the guys who drove them.

M

Latest Posts

Back