Most Frustrating Race?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Turbo Lag
  • 75 comments
  • 6,404 views
iLex look in FAQ section, I listed the first 50 lineups and points values for PD cup. If I remember rightly, 21 and 46 are the best lineups to shoot for, for gaining points. ;)

Thanks Smallhorses, I'll definately check the lineups! The points are not my main concern, though. I just want a bit of a challenge :). It would be nice to battle at least 2 cars instead of battling either 4 cars and ending up in 2nd place at best or battle the lead car only and completely crush the other 4...
It's weird.

Sometimes I think like the slow car races (100hp-) best because all cars go almost equally fast (or slow). A small error might bring you from 1st to 4th placea and driving well is rewarding. It's a real battle.
Same thing can be said for the LMP races, though. If you chose your car well, you can rather accuratly decide what kind of challenge you're going to get. For the rest of the races it's more difficult, I think, to find the car to give you a good challenge. Lineup notes, like yours, smallhorses, might help a lot though!
 
the Opel race is the worst for me
 
the Opel race is the worst for me

There's a thread somewhere on this forum on this race. After reading that you'll be able to win that race with ease.
Just don't go easy on the tuning. Pump up the speedster and maybe put a rear wing on it. That did it for me. :)
 
sarthe enduro 1&2 and all the rally's

I love the Sarthe Enurances, but I have to agree with you on the rallies, I just don't like them, except for Swiss Alps of course. Great fun in a Land Rover Range Stormer or a Ford RS200 Rally Car. I really liked Smokey Mountain in GT3 too, wish it was in GT4 :(.
 
I have yet to beat the last driving mission: nurburgring....10 seconds behind, it gets on my nerves a lil bit...i have 3 races to get 100% and its one of them......oh on rally races, if u know your going to hit the wall try to turn as much as possible and let the back end of the car hit first, u wont get a 5 sec. penalty and just keep goin.
 
Just made a decision : any track with a sucker of a car !!! :mad:
 
gran turismo 4 trying to do the endurance race where a vector would spawn even though its too powerful for the bhp limit.

i think you mean GT2 trial mountain endro 295 HP limit

i won that with the supra turbo & that was my first race

i wanted the gold toyota 2000GT
 
it was in toyota used cars when you start
 
How much?

There's no Toyota Used Cars either...
 
He's still chatting GT2, mate.
 
I got really fustrated with the hard Ice Arena race 2, ugh, that first chicane was terrible.
 
Trying for a 200 point race in the 1000 Miles! event. :irked: First, either your close, or getting blown out of the water. Frustrating beyond reason. :indiff:


Cheers,
Jetboy

Yeh, 200 points for the 1000 miles and the Old Cars Series. Such insane, extreme lineups. I never know what's coming and the point system seems so unbalanced. It takes too much time to reset and reset and reset the lineup. Then re-mod and re-mod and re-mod your vehicle.
 
the nurburgrind, it's the track a live the most but when you take too hard the vibrator, youre car jump in the sky because they are too big and it's frutrating
 
the nurburgrind, it's the track a live the most but when you take too hard the vibrator, youre car jump in the sky because they are too big and it's frutrating

:odd:

It would be really appreciated if you post in English with proper grammar and spelling, thank you.
 
I got really fustrated with the hard Ice Arena race 2, ugh, that first chicane was terrible.

I hate that race to, but the chicane is my fav part of the track. It's the two first gear corners I hate.
 
Opel Speedster at Infineon... easily the worst race in the game. I only beat it about one time in ten. When I start to feel too cocky about the game I will go here and race for a while. It always humbles me. Even B-Spec Bob has a hard time at Infineon.
 
My most frustrating race must have been my first run at the 24 hrs at La Sarthe II. My car of choice was the Mazda 787B, and the lineup I finally got was as opposition was; another 787B, Nissan R92CP, Sauber-Mercedes C9, Minolta Toyota 88C-V and a Jaguar XJR-9. I A-speced for about 8 hours, and then went to bed. B-spec had to take over for the night. When I woke up and went back to play, Bob was second, behind the other Mazda, so I took over and easily took the lead. When I was pretty confident that nothing could go wrong, and a win was certain, I gave the wheel to Bob once again. with three laps to go, Bob had a 46 second lead over the other Mazda, but he was loosing ground pretty fast. when he came out on the last lap, the lead was down under 40 seconds, and I was so-so worried. But then, disaster struck! Going down the hunaudeires straight, Bob crashed! He maintained his lead though and could continue, but then - My god I could´ve thrown my PS2 out the window here - he crashed again!! I was screaming and jumping up and down in frustration! 24 hours down the drain! But Bob took it cool, and he was able to barely maintain his lead. The second Mazda was looking for opportunities to pass all the time, all the way to the finishline, but Bob endured the pressure and won! He won a 24 hour race with a 0.47 second margin! I didn´t know how handle that pressure, so I just laughed my head off!
 
the mission with the skylines around the test course... ive only managed to do it once then i restarted and i cant do it !!!!:banghead: 🤬 :mad:
 
All the Special Conditions races on those narrow tracks such as Costa di Amifi and Umbria Rallies becuase u get penealised for 5 seconds when u hit a wall or object even tho it doesnt affect the computer car. I mean whats the point of that, WHY, WHY.
 
I hated the grand canyon hard rally but I cant believe most of you havnt mentioned the mission 34. I still cant beat it and I pretty much gave up.:indiff:
 
International A liscence test 15. THE MERCEDES EVO IS A BOAT
 
International A liscence test 15. THE MERCEDES EVO IS A BOAT

If you don't need the gold medal, then you can drive fairly slow. I actually found that out after quite a few tries.
 
Back