Most important thing when buying a car

  • Thread starter Thread starter no tcs needed
  • 31 comments
  • 1,515 views
Messages
167
What feature of a car do you take into account the most when buying a car to win races in?

A tend to look at horsepower (usually the best indictator of speed) and drivetrain (usually the best indicator of how the car will handle), with 4WD or MR being the priorities.
 
I also tend to look how much the cars weigh ... because even the "tiny" engine in, say, the Honda S500 can make that car go over 70mph. 200bhp can be enough, if the car is light enough.

And then, as you said, it's all about the drivetrain - with MR being the kind of thing to look for.
 
I always try to get the best car overall for the given purpose. Price is not important, although I would choose the cheaper model if the difference is big enough. As for car specs, I look at the kind of engine (NA or Turbo), including its position in the car, its size and number of cylinders, propelled axles and weight. If there's a choice of several cars, I'd rather pick a light one with less hp than a big one. But usually, I go for the one I recognise as being the most capable for the job.

Regards
the Interceptor
 
Look, year and specs for the car. HP, torque is what I look at when trying to buy a car. Mainly yr and manufacturer...I'm a picky buyer, :lol:
 
Drivetrain and looks/attractiveness of the car mainly, unless i'm looking for a car for a specific race category. I'm at the point where i'm just having fun with all the cars available in GT4, so the potential "fun factor" the car presents to me initially is what sells me the car. 👍
 
Engine type, displacement, power to weight ratio, ( I use a calculator ;) )
weight, sometimes drivetype, model year (so I know what to expect from a technological standpoint) and, of course COLOR! :lol:
 
I look for ones with pretty colors... :dunce: Nah... seriously though....



Well It would depend on what I intend to do with the car as to what I'd look for.

Obviously if I'm purchasing a car to enter a challenge, I'll look for a car that will fit the criteria of the race, but won't make it too easly to win.

If I want to go on a sprint around a circuit (say Nurb), I'll hunt around for cars that I know are fun handling vehicles... regardless of power.

If I want to drag race, I'll look for car with ridiculous amounts of power and torque.

And if it's photomode time, then I look for aesthetics and color....
 
i just take whanever i feel to take, dont care about anything except when i need a good car, thats when i take in account weight, power and all the variants.
 
def, when playing seriously, look at weight, hp, torque, year, miles (if buying used)
 
I think i have baught every possible car at this point x2 :lol:
Think 4 pages of Skylines.... shows i'm also at the point where, i only drive.drift for fun. And take pics.

But i usually look at weight, HP, drivetrain.... and watch a possible top gear episode of that car.
 
At this point, all I care about is color/looks and drivetrain (if I plan on using it for drift photos)... I dont play much any more to win races ... I just buy for photos.
 
no tcs needed
What feature of a car do you take into account the most when buying a car to win races in? .......

In a quest for max a-spec points I get the car with the least HP and most weight which will allow me to get 200 points where possible.

AMG
 
SRV2LOW4ME
Drivetrain and looks/attractiveness of the car mainly, unless i'm looking for a car for a specific race category. I'm at the point where i'm just having fun with all the cars available in GT4, so the potential "fun factor" the car presents to me initially is what sells me the car. 👍

defineately the fun factor is up there

then comes HANDLING! :dopey:

then I look for power to weight ratio and drivetrain, mainly FR or 4wd for me:tup:

then comes power, tourque:)

and looks;)

good idea for a post too!
 
Race Entry Conditions.
Pretty hard to win FWD races in a MR win you can not enter it.
 
me i look at the power and drivetrain of the car along with calculating the power to weight ratio of the car and if i have it unlocked on arcade mode i will take the car on a test drive at a private location *cough* nurburgring *cough* after that i take into consideration the cars driving characteristics and there i go on a drag i look for the lightest and most powerful and torquiest car and make a test run
 
Unless i'm buying a car for a purpose I look at the looks :D
 
Everyone here has made a good point about what to look for. 👍
I try to use a blend of everything I know about the game.

The specs, the looks, the feel.
That's what I think about before I buy and commit to racing a car.

Any car I buy has got to fit into a race, look good racing, and feel good to race with. 👍
 
Colors, looks, weight, reputation of the car for its job (for example, R8 being good on tires and fuel)
 
I'm more on vintage cars. Specially japanese ones.

Also like UGLY cars: Step Van, Minica Dangan, etc.:dopey:
 
The first thing I do before I buy a car is check for rust...
 
Dimitrov
I'm more on vintage cars. Specially japanese ones.

Also like UGLY cars: Step Van, Minica Dangan, etc.:dopey:

:lol:

Schroeds
The first thing I do before I buy a car is check for rust...

:lol: Thats a good one 👍
 
its history and famous with its special color (british racing green colour for british cars, rosso alfa for alfa romeo, white for japanese cars etc)
 
Dimitrov
I'm more on vintage cars. Specially japanese ones.

Also like UGLY cars: Step Van, Minica Dangan, etc.:dopey:

👍 , they are not ugly, they are special and beautiful especially when you win race with those cars :dopey:
 
gery
its history and famous with its special color (british racing green colour for british cars, rosso alfa for alfa romeo, white for Japanese cars etc)
Instead of using the word "Japanese" youse "Japanese" Japanese, is the same thing as calling a Jewish person a "Jew" or a black person a "******"
 
Back