Most overpriced items in video games?

United States
The US of A
So I am sure we have seen a lot of different items in video games over the years that you can buy in game with whatever currency it uses. While they can come in various prices, I am sure we have all seen something before that we thought was priced too high for what it was and ultimately not worth the cost it was asking for. Well here is where you can post about it! :)

When I say "items", it can be anything in game. Cars, weapons, parts, whatever you can think of, if you think it's priced too high, post about it!

Logitech wheels at launch. I think the G29 was £299 in the UK, & that was without a shifter. Whereas, the G27 which came with a shifter was selling for around £150-ish at the same time. Same story with the new true force wheel, way overpriced. There's never enough innovation or actual change in the products themselves to warrant charging such a price.

VBR
Logitech wheels at launch. I think the G29 was £299 in the UK, & that was without a shifter. Whereas, the G27 which came with a shifter was selling for around £150-ish at the same time. Same story with the new true force wheel, way overpriced. There's never enough innovation or actual change in the products themselves to warrant charging such a price.
Thats a bit beyond the scope of this thread. This one is about overpriced things in videos games, things like the Lamborghini Muira in GT5 for example.

The Hotbomb in Wreckfest.
Icon_19_race_car.png

So this is a car in Wreckfest you can buy for 500,000 fame points in Tournament, though at one point it was 1,000,000 before they dropped it to what it is now. For those that don't know, the tournament events only give points once so you can't do them again to grind for points, so you pretty much have to wait for new events to come up and keep doing them every day until you have enough. It's pretty fast, handles okay and with upgrades, its top speed and acceleration is as high as it can be. While it's nice, I think I spent at least a month or so saving up for this car and for all the time it takes to get there, it's not even close to being worth its asking price for what is essentially a Hotshot with a performance boost and not much else.

If I had to price it myself, I'd make it at least 100,000, or maybe 150,000 at the absolute max. 500,000 is absolutely absurd and I don't think any vehicle in Wreckfest could be worth that much trouble. Don't get me wrong, it ain't bad, it's just very underwhelming for all the time it takes to get there. Some say it's a "status car" and I can honestly say I agree with this.

Wargaming is the worst offender I know of, charging well over $100 in many instances for just one (temporarily overpowered) item. I have been trying to get a friend to quit World of Tanks, I know he has spent at least $5000 dollars, possibly more on a single game.

And to think I feel a little silly because I plan to get Starfield day one, finally buying a new console for that one.

Back