Most Underrated Games Thread

• Thread starter The Bman
  • 91 comments
But seriously forks...

Just Cause 2
10 times the fun of GTA4.

Yes. Just Cause 2 is insanely fun. For about 20 minutes. It's a fun distraction, but there isn't much depth there... And who the hell authorized Bolo Santosi's voiceover? "Listen Scorpeeeeeeunnnnn!!!"

My record of a speed run through it is just above 2 hours. :dopey:

Also, there has never been, and never will be, a game I will re-play as often as this one, I guess like 7 times to this day? Maybe more...Also tackled it on the hardest mode with normal Jehuty and no extra weapons, so rewarding...

Oh and yeah, also the only game I will get in HD when it launches in (February?), CAN'T WAIT!

Not sure about speed runs as I haven't sat down with the game for years, but not only would I say it's possibly the most underrated game ever, but also probably the best sequel ever. ZOE1 was decent. Two just surpassed it in so many ways. The music, the cutscenes, the set pieces. Can't wait until the re-release. Hope there's some online battle mode, then you and I can see who the best runner is. 👍

ENTERSANDMAN13
Red faction; guerrilla. PS3
My favourite story ever in a game.

And canis canem edit (bully) ps2
Beating schoolkids up lol.

RFG is amazing. And I love being able to blow up EVERYTHING!

BubbleBelly542
Ya I played the demo and it was not as fun. Underground? There's no room for big things to blow up!

Underground yeah. Not even free roam! :(

But the final mission you save the planet and restore the atmosphere.

ENTERSANDMAN13
Red faction; guerrilla. PS3
My favourite story ever in a game.

And canis canem edit (bully) ps2
Beating schoolkids up lol.

Actually I don't think those games were underrated.

Bully hit 9/10 on most sites and is still considered a classic.

Red faction was applauded to if I remember correctly.

Spagetti69
Actually I don't think those games were underrated.

Bully hit 9/10 on most sites and is still considered a classic.

Red faction was applauded to if I remember correctly.

I'd say right now it is underrated just because it is old.

Dark Sector. Once you have all the upgrade you feel like a real killing machine and it feels so awesome. Just poor game design and the worse was you can not restart the game fully upgraded >:/.

MANHUNT on PS2

manhunt.jpg

Anyone ever play or heard of Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis on the ps2? I still play this game from time to time. Its basically a tycoon style game with dinosaurs. It never got good reviews or big marketing schemes, but I think its pretty awesome. Not to mention this is a ps2 game that still sells for $25-$40 used if you can find it.

:lol: I just checked amazon and while the used ones are in the $30's, there are 2 new ones for........are you ready? $200 :crazy:

Anyone ever play or heard of Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis on the ps2?

Great game. One my favorites on PS2.👍 (really wish I still had my PS2)

It was really frustrating when you have spent hours making a park, only to a tornado come though a destroy most of it and all of you're customers as well. :lol:

And $200 for a new copy. :boggled:

WRC 2 (PC version) I find is quite an underrated game - mainly because it sits somewhere in the middle of full on sim (RBR) and arcade racer (DiRT). I couldn't find it in any stores that I went to here in Australia - not even in Coffs Harbour, where Rally Australia was held last year - so I had to import it.

- Every Serious Sam game (Amazing Old-School FPS games that deserve more attention)
- Unreal 2: The Awakening (Not quite as good as the other Unreal games but it's still much better than those garbage COD games)
- Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle (Excellent RPGs that should've deserve more attention)
- Fallout: New Vegas (A true successor to the original Fallout games and a way better game than Fallout 3)

Colosseum_-_Road_to_Freedom_Coverart.png

Colosseum: Road to Freedom (A.K.A Gladiator: Road to Freedom).

Such an awesome game! Very loosely based on the film, you take the role of the gladiator and earn your freedom by winning bouts. Each visit to the arena had 5-6 events and the fun part was, you cannot save between them, so you could have to fight 30 enemies, some tigers, another 30 enemies, a boss enemy etc. earn loads of money and collect lots of powerful items and then lose it all in the final mock battle being trampled by an elephant, being cut in half by a chariot or (and this is my favourite) simply falling off the ship in the naval mock battle.

Last edited:
Colosseum: Road to Freedom (A.K.A Gladiator: Road to Freedom).

Such an awesome game! Very loosely based on the film, you take the role of the gladiator and earn your freedom by winning bouts. Each visit to the arena had 5-6 events and the fun part was, you cannot save between them, so you could have to fight 30 enemies, some tigers, another 30 enemies, a boss enemy etc. earn loads of money and collect lots of powerful items and then lose it all in the final mock battle being trampled by an elephant, being cut in half by a chariot or (and this is my favourite) simply falling off the ship in the naval mock battle.

You made me remember ;)

1320081930_219402469_1-Fotos-de--Shadow-of-Rome-PS2.jpg

Loved this game...

Two different gameplays, one stealth based and the other all "blood and sand"

While this thread hasn't seen any activity in years, but it's still a good topic and I haven't seen any newer threads on this.

Corvette (Gameboy Advance)
53607front-2443.jpg
It's a fun game that provides a good challenge without being too difficult and the scenery is amazing for a GBA game and some the best I have seen for it. It has a great selection of Corvettes to choose from, some of which you probably have never heard of before! Soundtrack is among one of the best I have heard on the GBA as well. It's a childhood favorite of mine that I don't see or hear much about. It kind of reminds me of the classic NFS games in a way. If I ever do see anything about it, people tend to speak negatively of it, but I really don't think it's a bad game and it's one of the few that doesn't suck when compared to it's console counterpart. I think it's overall a pretty solid game to me and I'd recommend this one to anyone who has a GBA! Sadly I think this game was only released in North America and many outside of there probably didn't even get to play it. :(

Last edited:
Back