Most Wins With One Car

  • Thread starter Thread starter red70mach1
  • 20 comments
  • 966 views
Messages
711
United States
Sacramento, CA
Messages
DeuceRazr
What Car Have You Used To Earn Most Of Your Wins?
 
I made my most wins driving mazdas, RX-7 mostly but the car that i used the most was one of my favourites the 787B
 
Hmmm....I use a lot of cars, but the most for me would probably be with the Chaparral 2J...
 
For me it has definitely been the Elise IIIr, with the Alpine 1600s coming in second.
 
Dodge RAM for the 200 a-spec races in Condition Hall and the American hall and some races in the Beginner hall.
 
S2000's, Skyline R34, and 300ZX mostly. Those cars have pwnage writen all over them.
 
Probably the Lancia Delta HF (Special Condition), Nissan R89C (endurance etc.) and Cadillac Cien.
 
whew tough one....off the top of my head....GT Skyline GT-R Pace Car, Mitsu Super Rally Car, Minolta 88-CV and the DeLorean...for the smaller races.
 
On A-Spec: 96 Skyline GT-R
On B-Spec: 350Z LM
Combined: MINLOTA Toyota 88C-V
 
My first time through with the DS2 was the speed 12, when I used to use TCS, now with no TCS, I just can't drive it....

My second time through with the DFP has been pretty even, with a whole bunch of cars, like the sl65amg, rx7, impreza rally proto...
 
1962 Buick Special and the 1970 Dodge Charger.
 
Cosmic
Dodge RAM for the 200 a-spec races in Condition Hall and the American hall and some races in the Beginner hall.
Same here, though I used it for many American races and the Tuner Series.

In no order: '91 Lexus GS 300, Mercedes CLK-DTM, and the GSX/R4 also racked up lots of wins in many different halls. The FGT car is great for racking up enduro wins in B-spec.
 
red70mach1
What Car Have You Used To Earn Most Of Your Wins?
Please Don't Type With Your Caps Lock Key On. Thanks.

I try very hard not to use any given car for more than one series. What's the point of having 700+ cars if you're only going to use a handful to club the others to death?

So I'd have to say the most wins on one car is 5.
 
Duke
What's the point of having 700+ cars if you're only going to use a handful to club the others to death?

Versatility. That's the point. I think it is entertaining to find a car you like that works well in a variety of different situations. I bought a used '98 Mitsubishi 300GT VR-4 and drove it in every special conditions race, the 4wd challenge, tuner series, turbo sport series, a few endurance races (I brunt tires more easily than popcorn), and a handful of other races including every family cup event. In all of these I managed pretty respectable ASpec points.

Granted this does allow you to achieve almost 25% completion in one car but I think that is a great acheivement when you aren't abusing 1 point ASpec wins. It also allows you to finish the game with a handful of cars and then re-win events with other vehicles.

I would agree with you if I was planning on only playing the game once. Then I definitely would try different cars for each series or individual race. But having a car being able to be so versatile allows you to replay the game several times over with different uses and really shows the characteristics of the vehicle. If you only use a car for one series you get to experience it on up to what, five or ten tracks? Try to take that Yellowbird to every track in the game. See how it handles differently on the 'ring as opposed to Laguna Seca or Motegi Road course. How about the Ginetta? I love that car on most tracks but on some I just can't hang. I wouldn't learn it's character if I only took it to one race series.

I think it's a challenge to use vehicles on as many series as you can. How about the Chevy SSR? It can compete for decent ASpec points on the FR Challenge, Spider/Roadster Challenge, Sport Truck Challenge (ok, not many ASpec here), Hot Rod Comp, Stars and Stripes...

Go out and try to maximize the cars they gave us. Then ask for more. 👍
 
-For normal day to day races = 1998 Audi S4:)
-For Extreme Hall Races = Mercedes Benz Sauber C9:)
-For vintage races = 1970 Dodge Charger:)
-For Test Course Races = 1997 Toyota Supra RZ...( 300mph ):)
-For Rally Races = 1998 Audi S4 ( same as above but different settings ):)
 
Duke
I try very hard not to use any given car for more than one series. What's the point of having 700+ cars if you're only going to use a handful to club the others to death?
For most cases, yes. But there's some cars that you just get better and better by using it more and more frequently.

For example, I think I won about 10-12 races with the Minolta. And when I started early on, that prize CLK-DTM was fun to drive in the Meistershaft series again and again (and again?), until I found the '92 DTM Benz, and then the TT, the A4, the Alfa...

I tried (and eventually bought in real-life, though not because of the game) an old GS300 from the used lots. Nobody had given that car any thought, in terms of what had been published in GTP to that point, so I thought I'd find out what that car could do. From the point I tried it, I never thought it could beat LMP cars at La Sarthe, but it could (well, in a lucky 2 and 4-lapper).

That GSX-R/4 just handles better and better, and is quite the challenge to race against faster machinery. It's like driving an Formula Ford/F3 car, so it's lack of power makes for good racing as you scythe corners while the AI plays catch/ram up.

Let's face it, there's also a lot of cars that you can't wait to get out of as soon as the series/events end. But the more you spend time with an ill-handling car, the more you get to know it's limits. Sometimes, you can break free of the car's initial limitations, and other times, you're doomed to oversteer/understeer or a lack of power or grunt to get anything out of the car.
 
Back