motorforum x forza 5 - my gallery

• Thread starter VXR
  • 105 comments
Part 1 of the HSV fest. The GTS and my own GTS Clubsport creation. Lighter, lower, whiter.

I've noticed a flaw, which helps me critique these shots. In trying to show the variances between the models, I've ended up with some bland shots. Will work on more dynamic shots for the next part, which will be a couple of throwback models, the GTSR and W427.

Agreed. It's a daunting angle as well, as if it's trying to break free. :lol:

Shots 3 and 5 are fantastic as well.

A link to my new GT6 gallery if anyone is interested.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motorforum-x-gt6-my-gallery.292316/

Two of my creations, one work in progress, the other satisfyingly finished.

Ruf RS 3.8. I'm not a fan of turbocharged cars and the CTR2 is the very worst in turbo lag, leaving you standing still below 4k revs. With the wonderful decision to include crate engines, it now has a naturally aspirated 3.8 flat six, with race intakes, exhaust and cams. Will need to tinker with gearing to make up for it I think, but more my style to drive now. The chassis has been lightened, too.

The same 3.8 has been put to good use in the '63 Beetle. :)

This is the WIP as it's quite understeery in balance, despite aggressive negative camber front and rear. Probably due to the widest rear tyre available, which has given it too much grip. I certainly prefer a neutral-to-oversteer balance, although I don't doubt it would be effective on track and in races as it is.

Last edited:
Hey VXR (or I guess anybody with GT6), do you still have to enter a replay to take a photo of your car in GT6?

That would be lame if so.

Missed a few sets, The YellowBird is a great set, but man....that Beetle, next time I'm on, I'm building one exactly like that!

Kake, you do have to watch the replay to take photomode shots.

Thanks, Fezz. If you manage to perfect the Beetle, I'd live to know what settings you used.

VXR
Kake, you do have to watch the replay to take photomode shots.

Thanks, Fezz. If you manage to perfect the Beetle, I'd live to know what settings you used.
Ugh, what a weird way to design a game.

Last couple of sets have been brilliant, especially the Yellowbird.

That Beetle is insanity and I'm likely to give that a try now. :lol:

Thanks, T12. I saw what Slipz did in his GT6 gallery and decided I needed to up my game.

Cheers, Foster. The Sky at Silverstone is much nice now than the HDR mess that was the old Silverstone in Forza.

VXR
Part 1 of the HSV fest. The GTS and my own GTS Clubsport creation. Lighter, lower, whiter.

I've noticed a flaw, which helps me critique these shots. In trying to show the variances between the models, I've ended up with some bland shots. Will work on more dynamic shots for the next part, which will be a couple of throwback models, the GTSR and W427.
Why didn't the include they W427 in the game?

It might have been seen as superfluous. You can actually add the 7.0 H crate engine to the GTS which I assume is just the W427 motor.

VXR
It might have been seen as superfluous. You can actually add the 7.0 H crate engine to the GTS which I assume is just the W427 motor.
Yeah the W427 came with the 7.0 litre, would have been nice to have the car model also as it is different to the GTS in the game. Or they could have added the awesome VF GTS with 430kw of power....

upload_2013-12-17_13-22-59.png

If only this was in the game......VF GTS 430KW

I'd bet it'll be in DLC as they'll have the rough shape when they recreate the inevitable Xbox One racer. Here in my corner of the UK there's a cult following for the HSV models imported by Vauxhall. I love 'em.

I'm hoping to pick up a yellow GTS in the next decade. They need to shed their value quite a bit yet, though.

Jaguar are definitely channeling some HSV in their latest XFR-S model. The shapes aren't too dissimilar and the power outputs are close, too. Even the rear wing design is very HSV.

VXR
I'd bet it'll be in DLC as they'll have the rough shape when they recreate the inevitable Xbox One racer. Here in my corner of the UK there's a cult following for the HSV models imported by Vauxhall. I love 'em.

I'm hoping to pick up a yellow GTS in the next decade. They need to shed their value quite a bit yet, though.

Jaguar are definitely channeling some HSV in their latest XFR-S model. The shapes aren't too dissimilar and the power outputs are close, too. Even the rear wing design is very HSV.
Nice to hear in the UK that you guys/girls are fans. Lets hope we get a few models then.

Back