Motorsport Park

Motorsport Park 0.6

• Thread starter Bruno Pro
  • 8 comments
You're about a mile too big there buddy.
One more thing I've noticed:
As you know the starting straight in Motorport park is a bit longer than 300m. And the designer really starts with 300m. But when you finish the track, the starting streight will be 600m
So it's impossible to have a track like this done with 100% accuracy since you will be of with either shape or proportions or length.

@trobes29 has the track done very close (just ignore pits).
You asked for feedback and as this is one of my favorite tracks I thought I would spend some time doing so. I raced there over a period of twenty years so know it well. My advice to you is too watch some in car camera footage of the track and you will see how different the elevation is compared to what you have. Yours is all wrong from the exit of turn 1 until coming down the left hand kink after turn 3. One of the great parts of Mosport is the blind entry into 2 after going up the hill after exiting 1. The big bump in 5a is not there and the crazy "jump" you put in 5b is all wrong. Your distance between 5a and b is too long as well. Good job on the Andretti straight, but other than the hump, which was removed a number of years ago, there is no downhill slope going into 8, it's all uphill from 8 to 10. Your turns 2 to 4 need some rework as well and a lot of your lengths are incorrect.
Thanks for your effort in giving it a try. Cheers.

@trobes29 has the track done very close (just ignore pits).
You asked for feedback and as this is one of my favorite tracks I thought I would spend some time doing so. I raced there over a period of twenty years so know it well. My advice to you is too watch some in car camera footage of the track and you will see how different the elevation is compared to what you have. Yours is all wrong from the exit of turn 1 until coming down the left hand kink after turn 3. One of the great parts of Mosport is the blind entry into 2 after going up the hill after exiting 1. The big bump in 5a is not there and the crazy "jump" you put in 5b is all wrong. Your distance between 5a and b is too long as well. Good job on the Andretti straight, but other than the hump, which was removed a number of years ago, there is no downhill slope going into 8, it's all uphill from 8 to 10. Your turns 2 to 4 need some rework as well and a lot of your lengths are incorrect.
Thanks for your effort in giving it a try. Cheers.
Hi Aerolite
I have to admit this track is not one of my best creations. It's also my only track that I created in Eifel theme. I wanted to do it since in a way it's my 'home' track. I live close to it.
I've never driven it but I intend though
As a matter of fact I've seen the in car footage and tried to recreate it, not very successful as you noticed
There are many limitations one of them not being able to determine starting straight as we want except those few which the Editor suggests us to use. I've tried 3-4 of them and none worked as I wanted. Also the track can never be rightly scaled since jts starting straight is 300m or so long and with the designer you can make it 600m as shortest
I also know that there is no any jumps at the 'bottleneck' however I left it there for fun (lol)
Thanks again for your review I'll fix it for sure (if it is fixable). I'll take a review of Trobes29 design

If you do get the chance to drive around the track, do it for sure. Film footage doesn't do it justice. I've raced many tracks around North America and Mosport is still one of my favorites. We refer to the bottleneck as Moss corner, even though 5b itself is actually named after Stirling Moss. Breaking into 5a is so much fun, as the steep uphill approach allows very late braking, more than you would think possible at first. The entire track is challenging, you're always learning even after many years there!

Back