Motorstorm PS3 - Mega Thread

Just for giggles, I'm setting up a GTPlanet race this evening. I'm not sure if one was ever successful, but what can we do but try

Deeply sorry for digging up an old thread, but this game made me enjoy every minute of it, do anyone still play this or is it a ghost town

since 1st october the server for pacific rift have been shut down. The ones for the original motorstorm are long gone.
That means no more multiplayer on the island...

Apocalypse is meh.

After discovering that i can actually take photos ingame in Apocalypse, i totally fell in love and came back playing it.

TERMINUS - 'Coach Party'_2.jpg
UPPER BOHEMIA - 'Suburban Shakedown'_1.jpg
SKYLINE - 'The Mile High Club'.jpg
SKYLINE - 'The Mile High Club'_1.jpg
TERMINUS - 'Coach Party'_1.jpg

R.I.P motorstorm you lived fast and died young....

MotorStorm will never - can never - die. More than a game.

Bit of a throwback for me. Hehe.

Something funny I found that I never managed to replicate once...

latest

Out of boredom I was driving backwards up Colossus Canyon in the Earthquake (the bright yellow Monster Truck-classed quarry truck) and crashed head first into a waterfall. The vehicle wrecked, and for whatever reason, began to float upwards of its own accord. Incredibly bizarre glitch.

Question:

Is it possible to download another Motorstorm: Apocalypse save file off the net, and put it in an offline PS3? I traded my old PS3 for a new one and i have no home internet connection.

Question:

Is it possible to download another Motorstorm: Apocalypse save file off the net, and put it in an offline PS3? I traded my old PS3 for a new one and i have no home internet connection.
I suppose you could, if you could find a PS3 save file. Gamefaqs might be a good place to look.

What about 100% save files that had different versions?
Gamefaqs usually sorts them by region and different types of save game. Just google Motorstorm Apocalypse [Insert Game Region] PS3 Save Game. Only saves for your region will work.

Gamefaqs usually sorts them by region and different types of save game. Just google Motorstorm Apocalypse [Insert Game Region] PS3 Save Game. Only saves for your region will work.
Well, shoot. Got no luck trying to find one. :ouch:

Mind you, i'm not in for the trophies. I got no internet connection and my friends barely care about achievements. I only need the cars.

EDIT: Here, have some photos.

BOARDWALK - 'Sea Spray'_3.jpg
TERMINUS - 'Coach Party'_7.jpg
TERMINUS - 'Coach Party'_8.jpg
BOARDWALK - 'Sea Spray'_1.jpg

I just love my Voodoo Orbiter.....

I just got round to trying all 3 properlyout on the PS3 having recently picked up a second hand one but got side tracked on GT6 for a few months :ill:..Apocalypse has the best photomode but is a lot slower than the other 2. Having played to Death 'Split Second' and 'Pure' by Blackrock Studios on XB360 I don't feel I have missed out too much as they are very similar in gameplay and graphics.

Took a few pictures but I think having DriveClub on PS4 since release I realise we are now spoilt in the photomodes and the options are very limited on this.

GOOD HERB - 'Buena Vista' by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr
GOOD HERB - 'Buena Vista'_1 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr
GOOD HERB - 'Buena Vista'_2 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr
DOWNTOWN - 'Retail Therapy'_2 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr
DOWNTOWN - 'Retail Therapy'_3 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr
DOWNTOWN - 'Retail Therapy'_4 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr
DOWNTOWN - 'Retail Therapy' by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr
DOWNTOWN - 'Retail Therapy'_1 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr

^^ @MeanElf @RL_23 👍

Last edited:
I just got round to trying all 3 properlyout on the PS3 having recently picked up a second hand one but got side tracked on GT6 for a few months :ill:..Apocalypse has the best photomode but is a lot slower than the other 2. Having played to Death 'Split Second' and 'Pure' by Blackrock Studios on XB360 I don't feel I have missed out too much as they are very similar in gameplay and graphics.

Took a few pictures but I think having DriveClub on PS4 since release I realise we are now spoilt in the photomodes and the options are very limited on this.
DOWNTOWN - 'Retail Therapy'_2 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr
Definitely my favourite, though I do have a weakness for the ol' Wombat 👍

@MeanElf Awesome ^^ haha Did you have to dust off the disc or have trouble finding it after all this time :sly:..Can't beat the arcade driving games:cheers: ..Photo mode is basic but some good angles there- Is there a way to tilt the camera?

INTERSTATE - 'Road Warriors'_1 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr
INTERSTATE - 'Road Warriors'_3 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr
INTERSTATE - 'Road Warriors'_4 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr
INTERSTATE - 'Road Warriors'_5 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr
DOWNTOWN - 'Maul Rats'_1 by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr
DOCKLANDS - 'Dock of the Bay' by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr
DOWNTOWN - 'Maul Rats' by torque99 (UK England), on Flickr

PS when do they start giving you new vehicles in this one, I played the festival events for a few days and won most races but no new cars/trucks given yet.

@MeanElf Awesome ^^ haha Did you have to dust off the disc or have trouble finding it after all this time :sly:..Can't beat the arcade driving games:cheers: ..Photo mode is basic but some good angles there- Is there a way to tilt the camera?
Nah, I have the PS3 plugged in still and we bought a new unit a few months ago that holds all of the games plus some of our DvDs.

If you want to roll the image you can use the D-pad. I'm still discovering what does what myself. There will probably be a layout for photo mode somewhere on the 'Net.

As for other cars - I'm guessing some get unlocked at the higher levels such as Pro and Expert (or whatever it's called.) There are something like 79 XP unlock levels under the personal badge section - so just like Driveclub, not a small game.

Nah, I have the PS3 plugged in still and we bought a new unit a few months ago that holds all of the games plus some of our DvDs.

If you want to roll the image you can use the D-pad. I'm still discovering what does what myself. There will probably be a layout for photo mode somewhere on the 'Net.

As for other cars - I'm guessing some get unlocked at the higher levels such as Pro and Expert (or whatever it's called.) There are something like 79 XP unlock levels under the personal badge section - so just like Driveclub, not a small game.

What, Apocalypse? You can only unlock cars through multiplayer for whatever reason. It won't take an age though, and you can track your progress towards each vehicle. What can take time is unlocking the body mods (specially if they have a wreck quota, it's wise to find a friend who you can wreck repeatedly without ticking off the randoms).

Plus DLC cars are unlocked automatically which is nice...

Pacific Rift was one of my first PS3 games, so the graphics (at the time) and the visual damage was quite something. A fond memory I have was on an online race, a couple of big rigs were bullying the field quite badly, but coming up to the finish line they started trading paint so I managed to blaze by on a bike, then on an impulse I hit the horn... and my rider turns around and flips the bird at them just as I'm about to cross the finish line. Just wonderful! :lol:

Found a picture or two when I was browsing my hard-drive the other day, I might as well share them :) (one from Apoc);

YCXfMeQ.jpg

uopKmaU.jpg

eI1RdSw.jpg

Latest Posts

Back