Mph?

• Thread starter RacyBacy
  • 39 comments
Hello fellow racers.

Does anyone know if GT4 will have the speedo reading in mph instead of km/h? To be honest I don't mind reading it in km/h but it would be nice to see 250 mph come up on a striaght! I thought that prologue would maybe have the facility to change between the two measurements but NO!

RacyBacy

I certainly hope it will be optional. Can not see a reason for PD NOT to do it.

Ohh. and welcome to GTP:), this topic should have been in the GT4 forum, and try search next time before starting a thread. Subject might have been discussed, and no fun going through XXX number of threads before finding something usefull.

Welcome to the forum Racybacy.

I have seen a few pics of GT4 and they clearly show the speedo with MPH and KPH. So it does look like PD have included both for the final game. I know what you mean, MPH makes more sense to me and I'd much rather see my cars speed in MPH.

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks for the replies Bazz and J8mie.

Bazz: Maybe one of the moderators can move this post. I'll blame it on the fact that I did kind of tie the theme up with GT4P but ultimately you are right. This thread should be in the GT4 section.

Thanks for the warm welcome anyway guys.

RacyBacy

I hope so, but what you have to bear in mind is that prologue was stripped of almost all the options you could have, not even being able to turn the menu music off.

Sorry to continue this thread but....

POLYPHONY - Please let us Brits have the option to drive in MPH not just KPH

Don't get me wrong - my maths is good, and the conversion is simple - but i'd really like to know how fast i'm going without the arithmatic.

i thought that if i shouted loud enough in the right direction they might just hear!

Yeah. Though It doesn't majorly peeve me, the UK are stuck with the whole European version, yet we're used to imperial measurements. So why don't you just have it CHANGEABLE!!! Even top gear rally had that feature and that was a tiny racing game!!

Glad someone has pointed this out. Am I overreacting when I say the lack of an MPH readout on the speedo is THE most annoying thing about the Gran Turismo series so far?

I played the American version of GT 1 a few years ago and it DID have MPH instead of KPH. Take a note Yanks and get it into your heads. WE DO NOT USE KPH in Britain. Get it????

I'd really like to know how fast I'm going without having to stop and have a go on the calculator!!

I don't mind reading it in KPH, and I'm an American! I got more and more used to the measurement as I played Prologue over a few months, and Speed TV's F1 and WRC broadcasts use it too, so I don't mind either way.

VinylHogger
I played the American version of GT 1 a few years ago and it DID have MPH instead of KPH. Take a note Yanks and get it into your heads. WE DO NOT USE KPH in Britain. Get it????

Why are you shouting at the Americans about the European version of a Japanese game has KPH not MPH.

Just because the US gets MPH and we are lumped in with Europe is hadly the fault of the Americans.

If you feel the need to shout, then shout East not West.

*kills everyone in this thread who's referred to "km/h" as "kph"*

Famine

Wierd, how can I write this post as I'm now dead!

Very confused, must go and lie down for a while.

I have got used to reading in km/h but it does bug me, there are so many other options, why not this one... If it was a pc game, someone would make a modification to it but no, its only on ps2 so we're stuck with it like this.... :grumpy: :grumpy: 👎

Famine
Is this still going to happen? Or does it only cover people that have posted before you?

[test]
kph
[/test]

What's that big knife that's jus.... Aaaaarrrgh

tiptopcream
You can select KPH or MPH in the new Japanese demo of GT4. :D

Yeah, I was realy suprised at that especially on a demo. Although i'm not used to MPH now because of the lack of this option in previous releases. :grumpy:

Yes! It's official! You can choose between MPH and KPH on GT4 as well as choosing power units e.g. HP, PS etc. Only less than 2 weeks to go till GT4! :scared: :crazy: :ill: :nervous: :banghead:

Hehe, yes the lack of mph must be really annoying for you guys, who use it. I know I wouldn't like to have mph, being a kph man myself.

For the UK release anyway, now only a week away. In reality, MPH is going to be one of my favourite additions to GT. 8 years after the first release, they've finally caught on!

Latest Posts

Back