MugenVTEC's Acoustic Jam's (UPDATED !!!! July 19th)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter MugenVTEC
  • 35 comments
  • 1,456 views
Messages
897
Hey guys,

I was thinking about creating some mp3's of my work to share it to the world, and I think its a great idea. So this thread will contain links to my work that I will create time by time. So feel free to listen and comment my musical work :)

Acoustic Setup:
  • Guitar: Fender Newporter 80's w/ Stratocaster neck (Original built)
  • Strings: Dean Markley NickelSteel 12-54 for electric
  • Picks: Jim Dunlop Tortex Wedge (Purple > 1.14mm) / Clayton USA (Triangle > 1.26mm)



List Of Work:
---




__________________
Any work exposed here are the copyright of Alex Girard (MugenVTEC). All rights are reserved.
 
xXSilencerXx
The page never loads.

It works for me... :dunce:

EDIT: Wait I'm gonna upload it on my bigger server.

EDIT: Dammit, my big server is down... **** !!!
 
Just be patient because my Free.FR server is sometimes really slow. :)
 
I can hear the Iron Maiden influence in the fast bit in the middle. Good work. 👍

Now if only I could work out how to record. :dunce:
 
That's not bad at all, I really liked the intro, the middle parts were good to tap your feet to 👍! I also enjoyed the bit after 3:20... nice!

Do post more! :D
 
Shannon
I can hear the Iron Maiden influence in the fast bit in the middle. Good work. 👍

Now if only I could work out how to record. :dunce:

Download Super MP3 Recorder Professional 6.0. Its simple and powerful :)
 
I think you should consider joining the GTP collaborative recording session. I haven't heard the clip yet (downloading) but I'll edit this post when it finishes and I'll tell you what I think.
 
ceiling_fan
I think you should consider joining the GTP collaborative recording session. I haven't heard the clip yet (downloading) but I'll edit this post when it finishes and I'll tell you what I think.

I dont know what it is, but if you want to give me more info by PM, it should be great :)
 
Well, that sounds interesting at some point, but I'm not really enough open minded when it comes to music. I think its a big bad point I have in music "business", but hey what can I do...

Thanks anyway for the offer, thats for sure if I feel that I want to join, I'll join for sure :)
 
acoustic setup list added to the first post. :)


EDIT: Thanks for your comments guys, I will definitly post more. I already have another work that I want to record, its a matter of time before I do it. I'll try to record it today or tomorrow :)
 
Sounds awesome. Looking forward to it. :)

I don't know much about guitars, but your setup sure does sound nice. :dopey:
 
I encourage the program WavePad for recording. It's super easy, even for the ultra-beginner. I use it all of the time for recording here and there and also for cropping sound and some basic effects.
 
Always great to see ppl playing stuff and getting excited by music! :)
 
I just got it to work. That was AWSOME dude! That rythym you play around four minutes sounds similar to Metallica's "Fade to Black". What did you use to record that and how much does it cost to get. I'd like to get some of my stuff onto a computer rather than a cassette tape.
 
Mixer:
Behringer Eurorack UB802



Microphone:
Behringer Ultravoice XM8500

Cables:
A freakin lot

Software:
Super MP3 Recorder Professional

Sorry if theres no light on the pictures.

It costed me about 130$.
 
Aight, I was supposed to post some works but I had some things that needed to be done in my personal life before I could come back on GTP. Still, I'm now finishing one of my songs that is now called "Hells Awaiting", I will try to record it but I still need to practice it a little bit, my right hand is starting to be tired and I dont know why, but something hurts real bad in it. Also, in this song I'll be soloing which is the hardest part for me since I dont know how to and never done it before but still, I have created some things that doesnt sound that aweful.

Also, about the work I posted on Feb 4th which was not completed and still in progress, I found about 2 beat variations to it and added them to it, which it sounds so freaking nice. This work is really hard to play for the moment as my right hands is in pain since a couple of days, I cant really maintain my picking rhytym on it, so I wont record the progression.

I will try to record some things soon, but I will try to give my hand a rest, which is not easy because I need to play guitar everyday, I NEED !!!! lol
 
Ok, I've been to the doctor today because it started to really hurt me. So he told me that 2 muscles of my hand and wrist got "mixed" together (I dont know how to explain it in english), and that one pulled on the other. So he said that I had a streched muscle and that it was swollen. He sent me to this medical store where they sell things for injuries, I had to buy a "strapped cast" (dont know in english either. Its a type of cast you strap around your wrist and hand), and I need to keep it for 2 weeks.

Finally, I wont be able to play guitar for 2 weeks. :(
 
Update on my wrist/hand condition. Its pretty good but for the past 2 days I've been having suddent pains that came from nowhere, really painful and gone in about 1 minute. I dont know what that was but it wasnt fun. Also, I will rest this for a little as I will read books about guitar building. I hope getting this thing healed up fast as I have new songs idea. :)
 
New updates on my wrist/hand condition. I feel really great and didnt had pain since the past week. I started to do some homemade exercises that I find around in the house. My hand/wrist are acting normally, nothing is hard for me to do. I miss my guitar alot but theres only a couple of days to go still. I got an appointment on tuesday for the doctor to see me. I cant wait... HEADBANG !!
 
Mugen, I listened to your mp3 (twice) and I like it. I can clearly hear your influences, as you stated. I think that there are some good ideas here that could be crafted into a song.
 
Great news !!!! My wrist/hand is ok !!!! Woooohooo, I had start playing today, my hand was a little loose but I recorded a little cover to get the feeling. Check the updates on the first post :D
 
I like your live samples. 👍

The work and effort put in the midi song is great, but the song could use a few live instruments... :p

If you want to use your computer, I'd suggest something like Reason, it's fantastic, and with some add-ons, you can use all of the effects included (10 types of distortion, an awesome reverb/echo unit, chorus, flanger, compression, phaser, etc...) with live instruments. The real thing is a bazillion times better than any synth/midi guitar I've ever heard.

I've made a small (and very basic) sample of what you can do with it. Well, I rarely play that style of music, so it sounds a bit cheesy, but it gives a good idea of what you can do with the software, if you put more talent and/or more than 20 minutes into it. :)

Anyways, here is the link to my uber sample.

Both software have trial versions. You also need a decent audio card with ASIO drivers to be able to play live with low latency. (works fine with my first gen. Audigy Platimum Ex)
 
Carl.
I like your live samples. 👍

The work and effort put in the midi song is great, but the song could use a few live instruments... :p

If you want to use your computer, I'd suggest something like Reasonhttp://www.propellerheads.se/, it's fantastic, and with some add-onshttp://www.propellerheads.se/, you can use all of the effects included (10 types of distortion, an awesome reverb/echo unit, chorus, flanger, compression, phaser, etc...) with live instruments. The real thing is a bazillion times better than any synth/midi guitar I've ever heard.

I've made a small (and very basic) sample of what you can do with it. Well, I rarely play that style of music, so it sounds a bit cheesy, but it gives a good idea of what you can do with the software, if you put more talent and/or more than 20 minutes into it. :)

Anyways, here is the link to my uber sample.

Both software have trial versions. You also need a decent audio card with ASIO drivers to be able to play live with low latency. (works fine with my first gen. Audigy Platimum Ex)

I use a motherboard audio chip with AC'97 drivers. Plus I couldnt add live instrument because I still cant play well yet, even when my hand/wrist will be 100%, I will not be able to do perfect clips. I didnt download this software for big intentions, but just to hear what it could sound like with another guitar, a bass and a drum. So I dont really make a deal out of it. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
 
MugenVTEC
I use a motherboard audio chip with AC'97 drivers. Plus I couldnt add live instrument because I still cant play well yet, even when my hand/wrist will be 100%, I will not be able to do perfect clips. I didnt download this software for big intentions, but just to hear what it could sound like with another guitar, a bass and a drum. So I dont really make a deal out of it. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Well, with that audio card you can't really do anything live, but you can still use Reason, it should work just fine in normal use. Here is the best programmed guitar I've ever heard, and it has been done with it. (The chords are samples, but the solo is a basic wave synth with effects... amazing work). The source file can be found here.

You could also create your samples as already did, and use them in a sampler within reason, too.
 
MugenVTEC
Not to be rude, but eeeeeew that sounded aweful to my hears. It was like Japanese guitar ****, I dont like that. lol

I bet that guy is a Marty Friedman fan... lol

Oh well.

Wasn't so much for the style than the reproduction of guitar sounds... that music isn't my cup of tea either, but it's still very well executed for a virtual guitar, especially one that isn't made out of samples.

Usually most synthetized strings instruments sound like unrealistic crap to my ears.
 
Back