MugenVTEC's Acoustic Jam's (UPDATED !!!! July 19th)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter MugenVTEC
  • 35 comments
  • 1,456 views
Holy crap! That definately does NOT sound like a virtual guitar! That is very cool!
 
Downloaded the demo anyway and dude, I cant even create something, too much stuff in that....


EDIT: Carl clear your pm box... lol
 
Did some clean-up.

For Reason, don't worry, it may seem daunting at first, but it's not that complicated to get it to work. The first thing to do when you create a new rack is to add a mixer, and then you can add instruments which will automatically connect to the mixer, the easiest one to start with being Redrum (someone at Propellerheads likes the Shining :p), which obviously is the drum unit.

For instruments, you have 5 basic choices: the samplers; the NN-19 and the NN-XT, two synthetizers; the Subtrator and the Malstrom, and a loop player; the Dr. Rex. The easiest ones to start with are the NN-19 and the subtractor. The other devices are for effects or routing, don't bother for the moment.

To enter (draw) the notes, you have to go into the sequencer window (lower part of the screen), each time you add an instrument, Reason will add a track for it. That's where you can enter the notes for each track, after switching to edit view (first button on the tool bar)

So to have a bass, you can add an NN-19, then click on the browse for patch button (the one with a folder, on the upper left corner), and select a bass patch in the library. Then you can add notes in the NN-19 track, in the sequencer window, and voilà... from there you can start to explore a bit.

I'll look for detailed tutorials.
 
BIG UPDATE (19th July 2006)

Well, it's been along time I didn't post some work here. I just wanted to announce a special work I will record just for GTP. I will record a little medley of Megadeth songs I know, both complete and imcomplete songs. Maybe I will add some of my new work, I will see. Stay tuned for that GTP Exclusive Megadeth Medley :P
 
Back