Multi-Class|Final Event on Sunday, August 19: IMSA Conti at Road America|GT4, TC, GrA|4 Spots OpenPS4 

Canada
Canada
Overlandrex3
The Next Event: Sunday, August 19 at Road America
Race Length: 120 min
Qualifying begins at 08:10 am EDT (07:10 am central, 13:10 UK, 14:10 Central Europe, 22:10 Melbourne).
A private online lobby will be used for this event.
Classes: GT4, Touring Car, Group A
Number of Additional Entries Still Available: 4.
First come, first serve. A waitlist will be created once 16 people have entered; if the lobby is not full, people on the waitlist will begin to receive invites 5 minutes after the beginning of qualifying. To enter, please leave a reply with your PSN username or use your PlayStation to directly message me (Overlandrex3; my avatar is a golden GT Sport logo).

In-game settings:
bEH3wbl.png

rolling start

Rules (changes from the last event's settings are highlighted): no limit on controller/wheel use; all camera views allowed; all driving aids allowed; performance impacting damage; possible mechanical failures; force manual pitstops; possible pitstop errors; normal tire wear; fuel depletion possible

Real Race Weekend: 2018 Continental Tire Road Race Showcase (IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge)
Weather Condition We Will Use: 2018 Road America 120

Main Features:
Realism
We aim to simulate the race format and weather condition of actual races in the past. The real-world race calendar determines what race we have during a particular weekend (sometimes the real-world race weekend might be one or two weeks earlier/later than ours due to scheduling conflict). For example, the first World Endurance Championship race in 2018 was at Spa during the weekend of May 4; on Sunday, May 6, 2018, we raced at Spa with LMP1, LMP2, and GTE, using the 2017 weather condition (because replay for 2018 races is usually not immediately available).
If our race is a week or more behind the real-world race, and if replay is available, we might use the 2018 weather condition. Qualifying weather does not match real qualifying condition; instead, usually it is either the first weather slot for dry races or the worst rainy weather for wet races. This allows participants additional time to practice for the race. Qualifying starting time does match. Exception: for the event on May 13 at Nürburgring, due to the track length, the first weather slot for the race was used for qualifying; a dry track would potentially allow participants to complete more qualifying laps.​

Post-race YouTube Video Highlights
The highlights are created using the game replay. Unfortunately, due to memory limit, the maximum length of replay is usually an hour, so the highlights usually only cover the first hour of our racing. The highlights use class designations in real-world race series; for example, in an IMSA-inspired race, GT3 will be designated as GT Daytona, and any information related to GT3 will be written in green, the designated colour for GT Daytona.
Most Recent Video:
Continental Tire 240 (IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge)

Selected Past Videos:
ADAC Zurich 24-Hour Race (Nürburgring 24h)

WEC 24 Hours of Le Mans

Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen (IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship )

Due to personal schedule, I will stop organizing races after August 19. Please message DubRacing10 on PSN for details of events after August 19. There is a remote possibility that a Daytona 24 championship will be organized by me between December 2018 and January 2019.
OYDPW4d

cTwHOT

DubRacing10's events:
8/26 - 10hr of suzuka (Sakkito, live weather from the first two hours of the actual race) (GT3)
2hr
9/2 - VLN 6 (GT3,GT4,TC,Group A)
90 or 100min race
9/9 - Creventic 24hr series Barcelona (GT3, GT4, TC)
140min race
9/16 - Imsa Laguna seca (LMP2, GTE, GT3)
2hr race
9/23 - ADAC GT Masters + ADAC TC
90min race
9/30 - ELMS Spa (LMP2 LMP3 and GTE)
2hr
10/6 - VLN 8 (GT3 GT4 TC)
90 or 100min
10/14 - Creventic 12hr of Spa (GT3 GT4 TC)
120 min
10/21 - WEC Fuji (LMPH LMP1 LMP2 GTE)
2hr race
10/28 - ELMS Portugal (LMP2 LMP3 GTE)
2hr

Last edited:
The Next Event: Sunday, May 6 at Spa
Race Length: 105 minutes
Qualifying begins at 08:30 am EDT (13:30 UK, 14:30 Central Europe, 22:30 Melbourne).
Classes: LMP1, LMP2, GTE
Number of Additional Entries Still Available: 0
. However, usually a few people who have entered do not actually show up. There is a good chance you will get in. If you are willing to be placed on a wait list, please leave a reply with your PSN username or use your PlayStation to directly message me (Overlandrex3; my avatar is a golden GT Sport logo). I will begin sending invites to those on the wait list at around 08:40 am if the lobby is not full.

Formation lap: please have two cars each row before the green flag; for Spa, the faster car should be on the right side of each row; the class leader in lower classes gets to decide whether their class forms a separate pack or stays with the higher class in front.

Rules (changes from last week's settings are highlighted): no limit on controller/wheel use; all camera views allowed; driving aids allowed except stability control; performance impacting damage; possible mechanical failures; force manual pitstops; possible pitstop errors; accelerated tire wear; fuel depletion possible

Inspiration: 2018 World Endurance Championship Opening Round at Spa (https://www.fiawec.com/en/race/show/4590)

Thread updated for the next event at Spa. There are already 16 people interested in participating. However, usually a few people do not actually show up. There is a good chance you will get in. If you are willing to be placed on a wait list, please leave a reply with your PSN username or use your PlayStation to directly message me (Overlandrex3; my avatar is a golden GT Sport logo). I will begin sending invites to those on the wait list at around 08:40 am EDT if the lobby is not full. Stay tuned for race details, but if you have watched the 2017 6 Hours of Spa, you more or less already know what to expect.

Cool races last weekend (Sugo and Fuji), I watched the highlights it seemed like some battles went down to the wire!

I actually was very close to Fuji Speedway at the time (shinkansen from Tokyo to Kyoto :D).
Having a blast in Japan but looking forward to more races when I get back!

Cool races last weekend (Sugo and Fuji), I watched the highlights it seemed like some battles went down to the wire!

I actually was very close to Fuji Speedway at the time (shinkansen from Tokyo to Kyoto :D).
Having a blast in Japan but looking forward to more races when I get back!

Cannot wait to have you back. Plenty of action last week.

The championship format went well, but because it is impossible to add players once the first race in the championship is finished, we will not use the same championship for more than one weekend. And because we only have 2 hours each week, each championship will have two rounds only. The next championship weekend will be in two weeks after Nurburgring. We will do two races at Imola to simulate the split-race format of Imola 12H.

The Next Event: Sunday, May 6 at Spa
Race Length: 105 minutes
Qualifying begins at 08:30 am EDT (13:30 UK, 14:30 Central Europe, 22:30 Melbourne).
Classes: LMP1, LMP2, GTE
Number of Additional Entries Still Available: 0
. However, usually a few people who have entered do not actually show up. There is a good chance you will get in. If you are willing to be placed on a wait list, please leave a reply with your PSN username or use your PlayStation to directly message me (Overlandrex3; my avatar is a golden GT Sport logo). I will begin sending invites to those on the wait list at around 08:40 am if the lobby is not full.

In-game settings:
May 6, 2017

Qualifying 20 minutes real time 15:00 light cloud
(qualifying weather does not match real 2017 qualifying condition; instead, it is either the first weather slot for dry races or the worst rainy weather for wet races. This allows participants additional time to practice for the race. Qualifying starting time does match)

Race 105 minutes 2* 16:00 light cloud, heavy cloud, overcast, overcast (2* weather progression)

Formation lap: please have two cars each row before the green flag; for Spa, the faster car should be on the right side of each row; the class leader in lower classes gets to decide whether their class forms a separate pack or stays with the higher class in front.

Rules (changes from last week's settings are highlighted): no limit on controller/wheel use; all camera views allowed; driving aids allowed except stability control; performance impacting damage; possible mechanical failures; force manual pitstops; possible pitstop errors; accelerated tire wear; fuel depletion possible

Inspiration: 2018 World Endurance Championship Opening Round at Spa (https://www.fiawec.com/en/race/show/4590)​

Main Features:
Realism
We aim to simulate the race format and weather condition of actual races in the past. The real-world race calendar determines what race we have during a particular weekend (sometimes the real-world race weekend might be one or two weeks earlier/later than ours due to scheduling conflict). For example, the first World Endurance Championship race in 2018 is at Spa during the weekend of May 4; on Sunday, May 6, 2018, we will race at Spa with LMP1, LMP2, and GTE, using the 2017 weather condition (because replay for the 2018 race is usually not made available the same weekend).​

Post-race YouTube Video Highlights
The highlights are created using the game replay. Unfortunately, due to memory limit, the maximum length of replay is usually an hour, so the highlights usually only cover the first hour of our racing. The highlights use class designations in real-world race series; for example, in an IMSA-inspired race, GT3 will be designated as GT Daytona, and any information related to GT3 will be written in green, the designated colour for GT Daytona.
Selected Past videos:
Bathurst 12 Hour

VLN Endurance

Super Taikyu Japanese Endurance Race at Sugo and Fuji

Future Events:
2CG0YKk.png

Great post, I belong to another league and they use this Gtplanet form also. Is there going to be any cautions?

Great post, I belong to another league and they use this Gtplanet form also. Is there going to be any cautions?
As in yellow flags and full course yellow? No. It would be difficult to coordinate. Sometimes we have Japanese, German, Portuguese, and Spanish speakers racing with us.

As in yellow flags and full course yellow? No. It would be difficult to coordinate. Sometimes we have Japanese, German, Portuguese, and Spanish speakers racing with us.
Yup, that would present a problem, just thought I'd ask.

Yup, that would present a problem, just thought I'd ask.
Hi Bigtimedave. Good to see new drivers showing interest! Just thought I'd chime in regarding communication in Overlandrex's events with a bit of feedback.
I'm fairly new to his races, but I'm enjoying the fact that communication and rules are kept very simple. I am part of other groups / leagues with lots of complex systems, it can work but I enjoy the simplicity on offer here. Just clean, fun racing.

Hi Bigtimedave. Good to see new drivers showing interest! Just thought I'd chime in regarding communication in Overlandrex's events with a bit of feedback.
I'm fairly new to his races, but I'm enjoying the fact that communication and rules are kept very simple. I am part of other groups / leagues with lots of complex systems, it can work but I enjoy the simplicity on offer here. Just clean, fun racing.
The other league I'm in is also doing a similar 24 hr race, ours kicks off with the Nürburgr Nordschleife but with GT3's and TC's should be a blast. That why I jumped at this opportunity and that it's in the AM.

The other league I'm in is also doing a similar 24 hr race, ours kicks off with the Nürburgr Nordschleife but with GT3's and TC's should be a blast. That why I jumped at this opportunity and that it's in the AM.
Yeah I'm traveling atm so won't be able to join but it sounds like a cool event!

The idea is that we could use a public lobby if few people show up.

The time was chosen to cover most time zones (North America, Europe, Japan, Australia) around the world. Any other time would be too early or too late for somebody.

The idea is that we could use a public lobby if few people show up.
Ok that's new right? If it is I guess you never know until you try, but hopefully no dirty driver will come ruin and it for everyone else... For sure it's always better to have full lobbies!

Ok that's new right? If it is I guess you never know until you try, but hopefully no dirty driver will come ruin and it for everyone else... For sure it's always better to have full lobbies!

We used public lobbies last year for Le Mans and this year for Bathurst. Usually, random people would not stay for the entire race, but they were clean enough as long as I set a high minimum safety rating requirement. They did help make at least the first half of the races more exciting than without them. The public Silverstone race (your first race) was filled with incidents because no safety requirement was set.
Alternatively, we could use AI if we do not have enough people.

We used public lobbies last year for Le Mans and this year for Bathurst. Usually, random people would not stay for the entire race, but they were clean enough as long as I set a high minimum safety rating requirement. They did help make at least the first half of the races more exciting than without them. The public Silverstone race (your first race) was filled with incidents because no safety requirement was set.
Alternatively, we could use AI if we do not have enough people.
That makes perfect sense, thanks for the explanation.

I hate to be there one to say it, but the guy that spun-out should've called his position/location when it happened, I thought it was behind me when it happened.

Thread updated for the next event at Nürburgring Combined. You are highly encouraged to choose a non-GT3 class. This event will begin 20 minutes earlier than our usual time.

Thread updated for the next event at Nürburgring Combined. You are highly encouraged to choose a non-GT3 class. This event will begin 20 minutes earlier than our usual time.

Could you post which classes are chosen by how many? So that one can avoid picking a class were there will be no other car picked and thus has to race alone.

Could you post which classes are chosen by how many? So that one can avoid picking a class were there will be no other car picked and thus has to race alone.
Yes, I will keep updating the main thread once more requests are received. If someone does not mind racing alone in a class, I am fine with that, too, because in a multi-class race, the person still has to deal with traffic in other classes and thus potentially plays a role in the outcomes in other classes.

So far, there is one vote for TCR (AMG A45, to be more specific).

Thread updated for the next event. We will begin a 3-round championship that simulates British GT. The Snetterton and Donington Park (begins immediately after the Snetterton race) rounds will be on May 27, and the Silverstone round will be on June 10. It is impossible to add new players once an in-game championship has begun; even if you are only interested in the Silverstone round, you still must enter before May 27.

Thread updated for the 2-hour race at Silverstone on June 10, the third round of our simulated British GT Championship. We have 3 and possibly 4 spots open at this moment. Although the game does not allow new players to be added after the first round of a championship, we found a workaround: create a new championship for future rounds and manually give points to those who participated in previous rounds.

Thread updated for Le Mans. There is no hard limit on using the exact same car (same model and race number, particularly relevant to the LMP1 cars and Porsche GTE because they only have two liveries for each car) as somebody else, but you are highly encouraged to avoid duplication. So far, RSR #92 and both Porsche 919 have been chosen.

Still room guys? If so count me in! PSN IAMDOODLEBUG
Hello! Please confirm you are free this Sunday morning at 8:10 EDT (13:10 UK), and I will add you to the PSN group chat.
So far, the following cars have been chosen, but if you prefer, you are allowed to drive the same car with the same livery as someone else:
2 x Porsche 919 LMP1
2016 Audi LMP1 #8
2014 Audi LMP1 #1
2016 Toyota LMP1 #5
unknown 2016 LMP1
unknown LMP2
Marek LMP2
Porsche RSR GTE #92
Corvette #63
Ferrari #51

Thread updated for IMSA's WeatherTech SportsCar Championship at Watkins Glen. Because the actual race was two weeks ago, we will be able to use this year's weather condition.

Thread updated for IMSA's WeatherTech SportsCar Championship at Watkins Glen. Because the actual race was two weeks ago, we will be able to use this year's weather condition.
Do you still have room for drivers? I'll run the #91 Porsche GTE... Disregard this, I'm still up in the air..

Last edited:
Back