Multi screen setup

• Thread starter jpro01
  • 18 comments
Yes you can but you will need

3 Xbox360's, 3 copies of the game, I profile create on each console, and each console has connection to Xbox live [You will be ok just using a small hub to share the connection].

Each console will need to have the latest updates so they can communicate the game data properly, and you will need to setup the center console as the host and the other 2 consoles as clients...left, and right.

After you do that, you'll be good to go.

Multiscreen doesn't cost so much now for Forza3.
You can get 3 * Xbox360 Arcade for 300$(used)+3*16GB memory stick for 50$ + 1*switch 30$ + 3 copies of Forza3 for 100$ or cheaper if you buy used.

Total cost under 500$ inc. everything to setup a multiscreen system. And yeah, it really is worth it 👍
You can even change the in-car view for all 3 boxes so they match perfectly together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDRwAWqYYDg

You can get 3 * Xbox360 Arcade for 300$(used)+3*16GB memory stick for 50$ + 1*switch 30$ + 3 copies of Forza3 for 100$ or cheaper if you buy used.

Total cost under 500$ inc. everything to setup a multiscreen system. And yeah, it really is worth it 👍
You can even change the in-car view for all 3 boxes so they match perfectly together.

You forgot something important.
3 HDTV's costs easily over a grand.

You forgot something important.
3 HDTV's costs easily over a grand.

It will be under a grand total inc. 3*360+3*Forza3! Unless you have a fixation with HDTV's?

Why no to HDTV?
They have thicker sides, use more electricity, too big for their own good, at least when it comes to multiscreens and they are more expensive than Pc monitors.

I would recommend minimum 3*22" or maximum 3*24".
3*22" = 66" fov
3*24" = 72" fov

Those fovs are more than enough to make every racer jeez in the pants.

Unfortunately this is not correct!

The 360 arcade's do not have a HDD and because of that you will not be able to install the required game data which is need for the game to run, once you get the mandatory system updates from live and then the game updates\patches all of the 256mb of disk space is now gone

Unfortunately this is not correct!

The 360 arcade's do not have a HDD and because of that you will not be able to install the required game data which is need for the game to run, once you get the mandatory system updates from live and then the game updates\patches all of the 256mb of disk space is now gone

Did you read this?

I don't think you know that Xbox360's support usb memory sticks up to 16GB, they are much cheaper than the very expensive 360 HDD's and gets the job done just fine to run Forza3.

Did you read this?

I don't think you know that Xbox360's support usb memory sticks up to 16GB, they are much cheaper than the very expensive 360 HDD's and gets the job done just fine to run Forza3.

Forgot about the recently released update that allows any USB stick to be used, so yeah the arcade units would be a good choice.

Hey guys, Thanks for the responses. The reason i was asking is that i was geting ready for GT5-assuming that it will have similar option. Just wanted to know if it had online option. If it was only offline i would never spend that kind of money, since all the fun for me is online play.

This will be my setup
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254045
plus another two ps3s

Good for you but...why ask about Forza3 at all?
I'm saving up for 2 more ps3's (GT5 if/when it will come out) but I will wait on building a multiple screen system for it until I know that you can change the in-car view camera on Gt5 like you can on Forza3. Because as I see it the camera view on GT5 on a singel screen is perfect but could be a bit too far away for multiple screen. When you got your GT5 multiple screen system in place, it would be nice to share som photos or videos ;)

Forgot about the recently released update that allows any USB stick to be used, so yeah the arcade units would be a good choice.

No problem ;)

I am running a multi-screen setup and I have a question. I have some cars that show up as a black placer car on my 2 other screens/xbox360's. I have downloaded the free car for each pack as they have all the models for those packs and I think all I am missing is the VIP cars/pack for the other 2 xbox's is there any way to fix this so that the proper image shows w/o buying VIP on those 2 boxes??

I am running a multi-screen setup and I have a question. I have some cars that show up as a black placer car on my 2 other screens/xbox360's. I have downloaded the free car for each pack as they have all the models for those packs and I think all I am missing is the VIP cars/pack for the other 2 xbox's is there any way to fix this so that the proper image shows w/o buying VIP on those 2 boxes??

Propably something that went wrong example:when you bought a car or something like that. It should be fixed when you re-install the game again. Try the second disc on both screens, if it doesn't work than re-install the first disc again.

Ps:You know that you can share a dload on 2 mashines.

I see the same thing on my setup but it appears that's just the way it is, as an example while racing online, cars on my other 2 screens that have been customized loose their custom paint jobs reverting back to their original colors but once they appear on the center screen [main console] the custom paint jobs reappear.

Because of this I'm more inclined to believe that you do not need to buy additional car packs for the other 2 systems or re install the game disks because the entire car is rendered perfectly on the other 2 screens while playing in game with no problems, it seems as though it's just bad coding in the way the data is handled between the other 2 consoles that is causing the problem. It's not a big deal for me since it's only during the short replay so I can live with it.

Last edited:
@Racer XO
If I understood stega's problem correct, he needs to re-install the game discs. It happened once to me. If the problem is as I explain here, The center screen shows the car I chose, left & right shows another car (looks like a VW if you ask me).

Other than that I agree that this is a bad coding problem of some kind.

Yep a VW is exactly what it is, I'm cool with it since it doesn't happen in game so I won't bother wasting time trying to figure it out :cool:

Back