Multiple AI Handling Bug

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Probably on here somewhere but there's a bug where the handling physics on your car gets trashed if you race against too many AI cars

I had Project Cars 2 before and got rid because of the handling on gamepad. I got it again as a free download from Xbox Live Gold to try again and with some fine tuning I've got to grips with it now. I didn't realise about the handling bug, just thought it handled bad. Then I thought I had a breakthrough when I did a race with just my car, and it handled much better. I could hold corners better, power out better and enjoyed it properly. So I tried a full Grid race and it went to pot straight away. It handled like a boat. Every corner oversteer and spinning out, snappy snatchy horrible handling. As if there was no suspension it rolled that much. Tried several cars with the same result. Great on its own, terrible with AI. After reading many threads and others like it I realised the problem and using less AI I can race as well as I do on single car. Sometimes though if you push the AI numbers a bit too much you can get an odd sudden pull to one side on straights as if the AI physics are affecting yours. At least I know how to get my car handling properly.

Probably on here somewhere but there's a bug where the handling physics on your car gets trashed if you race against too many AI cars

I had Project Cars 2 before and got rid because of the handling on gamepad. I got it again as a free download from Xbox Live Gold to try again and with some fine tuning I've got to grips with it now. I didn't realise about the handling bug, just thought it handled bad. Then I thought I had a breakthrough when I did a race with just my car, and it handled much better. I could hold corners better, power out better and enjoyed it properly. So I tried a full Grid race and it went to pot straight away. It handled like a boat. Every corner oversteer and spinning out, snappy snatchy horrible handling. As if there was no suspension it rolled that much. Tried several cars with the same result. Great on its own, terrible with AI. After reading many threads and others like it I realised the problem and using less AI I can race as well as I do on single car. Sometimes though if you push the AI numbers a bit too much you can get an odd sudden pull to one side on straights as if the AI physics are affecting yours. At least I know how to get my car handling properly.
This issue is a xbox one s issue (not sure if it happens on ps4) not an issue on the pro or 1X.

Yeah I've seen that. Mines the standard Xbox. At least I know what's happening now and can sort it out by trimming the field down.

Yeah I've seen that. Mines the standard Xbox. At least I know what's happening now and can sort it out by trimming the field down.
Unfortunately you cannot do this in career mode :(

However regarding custom races you can turn off all graphic options, turn off visual damage, only use static time of day, choose a weather option that reduces shadows & draw distance (overcast, light fog), if you use interior view use cockpit cam (not helmet cam) & turn off the visual steering wheel.

All these little things can help. (hopefully)

Turning some graphical features down or off to ease the pressure on the processor. I have got everything on full. But even so I've found if I trim the field to 10 or a bit less it can handle it and my car handles like it does if I'm on my own hotlapping. I'll try the less detail to see what happens with a fuller grid and on career mode.. Cheers.

First noticed it on Le Mans vintage then I tested it out on classic Silverstone. Perfect on my own through corners etc very controllable but as soon as there was a full grid forget about it. Handling all over the place. Tbh it'll probably do that on any track. The processor can't keep up apparently on standard Xbox. Same result using Ferrari 488gt3 and Audi R8 road car and Porsche 917K. As long as I have 10 or less AI it's fine.

I'll try it tomorrow.

Raced 24 hours of LeMan in career, with all LMP1, 2, and GTE and it was perfectly fine.

As far as I know this is a problem specific to standard XB1. There may be some sort of effect on base PS4 but not significant enough that people seem to notice. I originally had a PC with a CPU that couldn't handle it that had a similar but different problem -- the car handled the same but the FFB in my wheel went a bit crazy and the game would run slower than the clock, so a lap with virtually identical speeds would be a few seconds longer in career mode or racing with bots than in private testing.

Bloody hell. Ive had Project Cars 1 for ages but not played it due to bad handling. Just gone back in and swapped controller settings to what I use in PC2 and guess what? I can drive ok. Just took a Merc AMG GT3 round Imola and it felt great. Feel daft now cos I've had it before I got Forza 7. D'oh.

Bloody hell. Ive had Project Cars 1 for ages but not played it due to bad handling. Just gone back in and swapped controller settings to what I use in PC2 and guess what? I can drive ok. Just took a Merc AMG GT3 round Imola and it felt great. Feel daft now cos I've had it before I got Forza 7. D'oh.

So you recommend? Damn I want to ride that Ruf GT1.

Yes I would, just done a short GT3 race against 39 other cars! No loss of my cars cars handling. Give it a go. Now I've got 2 games to go at. Assetto Corsa will take a back seat.

Is the handling bad even after the first lap or when the traffic spreads out? I ask because I made a similar post a while back and was told the aero is affected by dirty air from the other cars, which is why lap 1 can be a bit hairy. I believe this is a feature of the game, perhaps a bit exaggerated, but I find handling improves in clear air.

Or it could just be a bug :lol:

No it's a bug. Not dirty air because it happens even if you start in first place, or if you start at the back and give them half a lap start. Its something to do with the processor not being able to keep up with all the physics demands when the AI count is too high, at least on standard Xbox. Doesn't happen on PC1 even with 40 cars on track. It's a shame but just seems to affect one console. It can be sorted if you lower the number of cars you race to around 10 although it varies from track to track.

Back