Multiscreen-PS4

United States
White Oak, PA
BawlmerBoy
BawlmerBoy
Sorry if this is a repeated question but I'm trying to find out if Project Cars will support the 3 screen setup as GT6 does.

I was a Forza supporter but went to GT6 when Forza5 dropped the 3 screen layout and hope Cars will have it as a feature.

Sorry if this is a repeated question but I'm trying to find out if Project Cars will support the 3 screen setup as GT6 does.

I was a Forza supporter but went to GT6 when Forza5 dropped the 3 screen layout and hope Cars will have it as a feature.

It is of course possible on pc but I don't think it will be possible on consoles. One console would not be enough to handle the graphics. could be added in the future but I doubt it will be in for release.

It is of course possible on pc but I don't think it will be possible on consoles. One console would not be enough to handle the graphics. could be added in the future but I doubt it will be in for release.

I don't think the issue was ever "one console". From what I understand for a 3 screen setup on consoles you have to have 3 consoles and 3 separate copies of the game. I have a friend that did that for Forza 4.

Yes but where is the point in having 3 consoles? Gt and forza are exclusives and you have no other choice for a triple screen setup but for pcars it would be way cheaper to get one pc with a powerful graphics card. So I don't see a market for the 3screens running on 3 consoles solution

Yes but where is the point in having 3 consoles? Gt and forza are exclusives and you have no other choice for a triple screen setup but for pcars it would be way cheaper to get one pc with a powerful graphics card. So I don't see a market for the 3screens running on 3 consoles solution
The point of having 3 would be to have a triple screen gaming setup. No other point to it. Does pCARS support this?
Doesn't make much sense to me either, but that isn't the question. Having that kind of flexibility for pCARS and setting up for when GT7 comes out would be appealing for a select few.

There was a discussion about this on the WMD forum. It's quite simple: currently, there isn't any official support on either PS4 or Xbox One for triple screen/console play. So that means a game developer will have to build it themselves from scratch.

The return on investment is just not there for Project CARS, because (as already said) most people who are willing to spend 3x console + 3x screen + 3x game copy will get a PC instead because it is a multiplatform title.

I believe there was a demo of Forza 5 that used three screens/consoles, but not sure I ever heard anything about that afterwards.

i asked the same question months ago in steam, a dev say there is no multimonitor support on consoles(why not? gt5/6 & forza4 can handle it since years (3xconsole) ). even on pc version you dont have options to adjust multiscreen things like in AC or LFS.

Two thoughts:

3 console = 3 screens for individual play but also allows 3 individual setup for 2 other racer's - we have race nights for friends and family and can race each other online while in the same room - good fun!

3 consoles also = 3 opportunities for an individual to participate in seasonal events as separate PS3 accounts - I have a setup where I can change the main screen to each of the consoles and make the other two clients - works great.

Now, with all that said, I understand that there will be no such support of the PS4 and therefore pCars nor GT7 when it will be released. So, can you or someone give me some advice on the PC setup I would need in order to make the 3 screen setup work - I realize I'll lose the capabilities mentioned above but I've become used to the 3 screen experience.

Thanks in advance.

There was a discussion about this on the WMD forum. It's quite simple: currently, there isn't any official support on either PS4 or Xbox One for triple screen/console play. So that means a game developer will have to build it themselves from scratch.

The return on investment is just not there for Project CARS, because (as already said) most people who are willing to spend 3x console + 3x screen + 3x game copy will get a PC instead because it is a multiplatform title.

I believe there was a demo of Forza 5 that used three screens/consoles, but not sure I ever heard anything about that afterwards.
I might be wrong but I doubt triple screen support was an official feature on PS3 either. I think PD pretty much programmed that from scratch.

On ps4: So when the ORift comes out for around 400 bucks, there is no need for tripLE screen right?! I'm just thinking ahead here.
Pcars 2 in my mind, cost for a new pc, 3 screens and stuff... It might be better for me to invest in ORift.

I might be wrong but I doubt triple screen support was an official feature on PS3 either. I think PD pretty much programmed that from scratch.

And they are Sony 1st Party and were the only ones to support it. The point is, PCars is not exclusive and is not meant to show off the capabilities of 1 or 3 PS4. The PC Version will recieve proper Triple Screen Setup options soon.

On ps4: So when the ORift comes out for around 400 bucks, there is no need for tripLE screen right?! I'm just thinking ahead here.
Pcars 2 in my mind, cost for a new pc, 3 screens and stuff... It might be better for me to invest in ORift.

if you go for the ps4 version it's project morpheus. But same principle just a different device. I also wait for morpheus and I hope it will be supported by gt7 as well

Edit: price list are rumored about 350-400€ for the morpheus with a release in 2016

Yeah sorry. I meant the better device. :)

Sitting in my rig wearing that device... Oh boy. That sounds so sweet.

The problem with OC is you cannot see your wheels and pedals so im not sure it's ever going to feel 100% right.

The problem with OC is you cannot see your wheels and pedals so im not sure it's ever going to feel 100% right.

Let's wait and see..as long as the ingame avatar is animated properly it should be fine. But I must admit, I am so used to my rig that I don't need to look down to find the button I need.

You see the ingame pedals and wheels if you look down. 👍 Feeling the real wheel also helps you keep orientation. I noticed that if I play with the controller I end up looking in the wrong orientation. It will definitely take some time to get used to. :lol:

Sorry - I'm new at some of this technology - what is ORift?

Actually, the Oculus is part of Facebook's plan to take over the digital world :D They bought it about half a year ago
Yeah right. I forgot. That greed snake Facebook...
I disabled my account August last year. Don't miss it.

i asked the same question months ago in steam, a dev say there is no multimonitor support on consoles(why not? gt5/6 & forza4 can handle it since years (3xconsole) ). even on pc version you dont have options to adjust multiscreen things like in AC or LFS.

Why not? Because you'd need to buy three PS4's which would cost about $1200 USD (plus three copies of the game so add about another $200 to that). I recently bought my gaming PC for $1200 and it can play a multitude of games on triple screens. So why pay the same money for three consoles that could (potentially) only play one game on triple screens? And, why would a developer spend the money to develop triple screen console support that few people would use due to prohibitive costs? I had triple screens on GT5/GT6 but I was able to get it done for about half the price of a PC, that's no longer possible with the PS4's because they're much more expensive (I got two of my PS3's for less than one PS4).

Morpheus also came after Orift. If you aren't going to be able to use morpheus on PC easily, I doubt VR will even really have a chance. No one would want to buy two of these things.

Why not? Because you'd need to buy three PS4's which would cost about $1200 USD (plus three copies of the game so add about another $200 to that). I recently bought my gaming PC for $1200 and it can play a multitude of games on triple screens. So why pay the same money for three consoles that could (potentially) only play one game on triple screens? And, why would a developer spend the money to develop triple screen console support that few people would use due to prohibitive costs? I had triple screens on GT5/GT6 but I was able to get it done for about half the price of a PC, that's no longer possible with the PS4's because they're much more expensive (I got two of my PS3's for less than one PS4).

Can you send me the specs for the system you built? That would be very helpful to me as I am not very good at deciphering all the options available.

Now, with all that said, I understand that there will be no such support of the PS4 and therefore pCars nor GT7 when it will be released.
I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible in GT7 (or PCARS).

Later dev builds of FM5 had multiscreen support. Maybe it's back in FM6.

And they are Sony 1st Party and were the only ones to support it. The point is, PCars is not exclusive and is not meant to show off the capabilities of 1 or 3 PS4. The PC Version will recieve proper Triple Screen Setup options soon.
No excuse ;). Baja: Edge of Control has multiscreen support on PS3 and 360.

I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible in GT7 (or PCARS).

Later dev builds of FM5 had multiscreen support. Maybe it's back in FM6.

No excuse ;). Baja: Edge of Control has multiscreen support on PS3 and 360.
No one said it isn't possible, especially for GT with it's budget in the high $10's of millions. For Project Cars, with 1/10th or less the money to spend, triple console screens won't be a high priority unless it's easy and cheap to do. There are other more important things to focus on.

Back