Must-have / Favorite Cars for Fun and Sport

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boatman
  • 19 comments
  • 1,665 views
Messages
33
United States
United States
I’ve been looking at cars to buy lately and compiling a kind of wish list. Trying to get a good selection of GR. 3 and 4 cars for sport races and time trials.

What are some cars that are must-haves? (I’m especially interested in GR. 3 and 4) but any suggestions are welcome.

What car(s) are you favorites to race? Any category. Or what about a car that you just personally love to use? I know there’s gotta be several bad-ass cars that I probably haven’t given any thought to.

I’m sure much of this boils down to a personal preference, that’s fine. We might find some cars we haven’t given any thought to and that leads to new favorites and more flavor which is always good!
 
I personally wouldnt go crazy buying cars simply because you get so many cars in dailys and missions etc. The game gave me the Megane V6 on day one of the 1.19 update!

However for GT3 and GT4 I would say the Huracans do well for me. The Viper also seems to be the fastest for me but the 4wd system on the Huracan is a great safety blanket especially on marginal tyres. I also had real good luck with the NSX GT3/4 surprisingly, completely unlike the road car.

I'm pretty sure the legend of the Volkswagen Beetle GT3 still exists, I wouldnt buy it because I refuse to buy a troll machine especially at $800k and it hasnt been gifted to me yet.

The Aston Vantage and Jaguar XF GT3s are also well liked here. Works better for people who dont like the MR layout of the Italians which I admit can be iffy on some tracks especially sans STM TC etc. if you so wish to like me.
 
For Sport mode a META car would be good for starters. Because BoP has gotten really good recently the META cars vary from track to track, but a competitive all-rounder in Gr. 3 would be the Corvette. Another couple competitive cars all-around are the RC F and the new Supra, but are a much more of a handful to drive. (I would've recommended the 911 as well, but the newest update effectively killed the car)

In Gr. 4 the 4WDs are a safe bet. All of them are really good in twisty circuits, and the Veyron is also a great car in power tracks

Personally when I don't play competitively I enjoy driving the 650S Gr. 3 and the older JDM cars. Heel-and-toe as well as no ABS is fun :D
 
For Gr4 it depends on what you want.

If it is easy to drive then try an Audi TT(FWD) or maybe the Mazda Atenza or Lamborghini Huracan (Both 4WD)
For more fun (but a slightly harder drive) try the Citroen, Viper or Corvette (All RWD)

tbh I think Gr3 and Gr4 are all reasonably balanced on most tracks. A good driver will beat a slightly worse driver irregardless of the car in most cases.

And for Gr3 have a look at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/group-3-bop-testing.375377/ and then pick a car you like the look of. Some are easier to drive than others.
 
For Gr.4, I really like the Mustang and the Cayman. The Cayman recently got a bump in power in Sport mode, and handles very well. The Mustang is more my power car than anything, but I also like the Corvette. I recently won the Gr.4 650s, and the race I did in single player with it made it feel like a pretty solid car. For Gr.3 I like the Corvette and the Lexus, although to be honest, I don't drive Gr.3 cars very much. I prefer Gr.4 and 2 above pretty much all else. Everything comes down to your driving style and what your prefer.
 
Would say the Hyundai cars. Very underrated (especially by aliens). Gr.4 is a solid racer imo.
 
My top GR.3 cars are the Ft-1, Lexus, and the Jaaaaaagg. All of them are great balance wise and semi competative.
 
The Cayman GT4 is the most enjoyable car to drive in the game.

I agree, and the sound is really nice as well...

To answer the OP, if you had to buy 1 car for each category these are my recommendations

Gr.4 Huracan: it’s 4wd, easy, consistent and in my opinion quite underrated among the 4WDs
Gr. 3 Corvette: as others already said it’s a decent all rounder. Would have said Porsche but the patch screwed it a bit
Gr. 2 Lexus RC F: easier and more predictable than the NSX. The GTR feels almost the same but it seems to be just a tiny bit slower in general.
Gr. 1 Mazda LM55: sooooo much traction, honestly if you manage to spin this car in any session just close the game for the day, you’re probably drunk af
 
Thanks for all of the replies!

Gonna have to look into the RCF and Cayman. A lot of the cars you all mentioned I already have.

Personally I love the 620s’s, GTRs and I like the Supras (RZ and the GR versions.) Have always had a soft spot for Japanese sports cars in general.
 
The new Megane V6 Gr.4 is... a very unique car. The handling takes a lot of getting used to and is very competitive but I'd hazard a guess its even twitchier than the 458 Gr.4 - but as always its a bit of a learning curve for the MR cars.
 
The new Megane V6 Gr.4 is... a very unique car. The handling takes a lot of getting used to and is very competitive but I'd hazard a guess its even twitchier than the 458 Gr.4 - but as always its a bit of a learning curve for the MR cars.
What track were you driving? I did some Arcade Mode time trials with the new MR Megane and thought it was really easy to drive.
 
For me:

Gr.1: Seriously, a Porsche 919 Hybrid and for fun a Mercedes Sauber C9.
Gr.2: The NSX for fun, The GT-R for going fast.
Gr.3: The Ferrari 458 for fun, the Lexus RC-F for going fast. (Honestly I'll drive just about any Gr.3 car)
Gr.4: I would use the Renault Megane (either one) for real, and the Bugatti Veyron for fun.
 
As @TheGeologist said, the Viper in both Gr3 and Gr4 are really fun, and sound immense. I have to say as far as immersion goes, I feel most in tune with those two.

For road cars I really like the Ferrari Enzo, using a tune from @Jeje6410 (who has lots of great tunes btw), and really enjoyed the Corvette Gr3 road car after doing 20 laps for the duel of the week in it. I posted a comparison video on YouTube with that car and the 911 it was up against.
 
Most of my favorite cars are road cars so I can't give a lot of input on your preferred taste group, though I will say the Mustang Gr. 4 was really fun for the few cars I've put some hefty miles on in that category. It's got a lot of power and takes off on the straights (I loved racing it on the Tokyo Eastern Loop), and it doesn't have much of the usual muscle car understeer/boatyness due to it's race spec. I don't know how well it does with BoP these days but early in the game's life I got a couple wins.

If you dive into the road/non-grouped cars I can give a whole list of recommendations:

- Ferrari 512 BB - Wasn't able to make it very competitive, but it's super fun to just throw around a track and kick your tail out.

- Alpine A110 '72 - One of the few RR cars in the game, has a very unique handling style where lifting kicks the tail out and power sort of re-stabilzes things, and on top of that it's fairly competitive.

- Ford Mustang Mach 1 - A bit boaty, but if you mess with the suspension a little bit you can make this thing a blast to drive, especially on the Blue Moon Infield layouts.

- Jaguar XJ13 - It's a bit pricy (luckily I got mine from a workout), but if you can get your hands on it it's not a disappointing drive; I'd bet the Ferrari 330 is a similar story but I've yet to try it. I particularly had fun using it on the alternate Lago Maggiore layouts.

- F1500T-A - Challenging drive (it may be the first car since GT5 that I actually struggle to control below 3rd gear), but once you familiarize yourself with it it's insanely fun to drive, getting wheelspin in corners in 4th gear at 160+ MPH. I'm still trying to gold all of it's GT League races, it's still a struggle for me to keep it clean for ~10 laps, but not an un-fun one.

Mazda RX-7 '90 - Haven't used it in while, but I picked it up to start getting through GT League not long after it was introduced to the game. I don't remember not having a good time.

Nissan R32/R33/R34 - Pick your poison, they're fairly similar in terms handling, but I think they're all my favorite 4WD cars in the game. Most have felt a tad understeer-y, but these ones feel twitchy and nimble, especially under braking.

I've been taking my time, usually making a livery any time I want to try a new car out, so there's a lot I still haven't even gotten to driving.
 
Last edited:
GT-Rs are real nice now. I've favoured the Atenza, Mustang and M4, but the Gr. 4 is a favourite right now.

The Gr. 3 GT-R is fast and handles real nice. Add the Gr. 3 Aston. Really surprised me. Both cars sound awesome.
 
Gr1 - No clue, the whole class is a mess.

Gr2 - Lexus seemed by far easiest car to use, but it's a Lexus.

Gr3 - Still haven't really found an all-rounder to stick with. I do really like the Jag though.

Gr4 - The Lambo is my favorite all-rounder. It's fast, easy to use and has some good tire wear. It's much easier on it's front tires than the other AWD cars like the WRX or Evo.
 
Last edited:
Back