Mustang SVT Cobra R

• Thread starter ktaylor57
  • 42 comments
Is it just me and my Ford bias, or is this one of the best cars in its class in the game? I bought the 6.2 mile one around day 172. It handles extremely well and is probably one of my most used cars in my garage. It's fast enough to win all the Stars and Stripes/Hot Rod Competition, and NA sport races easily with no upgrades all for about 80-100 a-spec points, which translates to a good race for the average driver, like me. It could probably put up a good fight in the Tuning Car GP (for a good amount of A-spec pts) and a few other events as well.

Anybody else have any opinions/experiences with this car?

Just because of my chevrolet bias I try to avoide all fords but I won't say they all suck. For me I always use the 97' Camero for races in its type of class.

xXSilencerXx
Just because of my chevrolet bias I try to avoide all fords but I won't say they all suck. For me I always use the 97' Camero for races in its type of class.

Your bias towards Chevy and you cant spell camaro?

Homer_SS
Thats just sad................no excuse could compensate for that.

CamEro?????

...*shakes head*...the vast majority of this forum needs to read "English Grammar For Dummies"...

On the topic, the Cobra R handles really well, especially for its weight.

icandriftbetter
i cobra r is a very fun car do drive but it has a little too much power if you ask me.

I think it's under powered... the '03 SVT Cobra has more horsepower than the '02 Cobra R, but thats in real life though. In game it's pretty good car, sounds kinda nice too.

I thought it handled like a slug the one time I drove it. And not a sticky slug, a slimy slug that understeers off the road every chance it gets. Yes, slugs can understeer :D I'm sure with a little suspension tuning it would be pretty good though...so I'll get on that soon :)

Yeah, the Cobra R is much funner to drive in this game than GT3.
Out of all the Fords, this, imo, is the funniest to drive.
When driving it in the "front view" in GT3, it sounded like a jet to me at high rpms.
The car is great for driving.

xXSilencerXx
i see other people beat me to it, but this deserves the jackass of the day award.
im putting this quote on my sig, gj chevy fan.

also there are no '02 cobra R's, only Cobra R's ever made were '93 '95 '00.
& the only '02 Cobras were made right hand drive and shipped to Austrailia.

svtsnake
i see other people beat me to it, but this deserves the jackass of the day award.
im putting this quote on my sig, gj chevy fan.

also there are no '02 cobra R's, only Cobra R's ever made were '93 '95 '00.
& the only '02 Cobras were made right hand drive and shipped to Austrailia.
EDIT:

Nevermind.

i love the Cobra R, sounds ********** awesome especially with a sports exhaust

it looks sexy as too, it handles pretty well i think, i like the gear ratios aswell, because there is no overdrive like in Chevys, and Vipers, you can properly race with all six gears

The Mustang Cobra-R... IMO, its one of the best financial decisions in the game. It's cheap and track ready. It has both straight line and handling capabilities dwarfing a lot of cars of its class. I once had it going over 180mph, and for a car of its power - that is damn fast. Its also a good intro car into the higher classes. I've always been a big fan of the Mustang Cobra-R. It also doesn't sound have bad.

Yeah the Cobra R is a nice looking car, i just like the wing stick out from the back, very unique and it's power iit produces is good. Im not a Ford fan but its the best they got. Nvr really payed attention to it doh in the game.

McLaren F1GTR
When driving it in the "front view" in GT3, it sounded like a jet to me at high rpms.

In GT4....almost every car in the game sounds like a jet from the front view...I dont kno what they were thinking. I have quite a few different R's floating around my garage, just havent had a chance to mess with them yet. :dunce:

SilverSRT
In GT4....almost every car in the game sounds like a jet from the front view...I dont kno what they were thinking. I have quite a few different R's floating around my garage, just havent had a chance to mess with them yet. :dunce:

Actually, there's a chance that for some of the cars, that's real.
In another game, I've played by SimBin (GTR), the in cockpit and front view of the car at high RPMs tend to make a very loud jet engine noise.

ktaylor57
Is it just me and my Ford bias, or is this one of the best cars in its class in the game? I bought the 6.2 mile one around day 172.
In GT3 I didn't buy one until very late in the game, because everybody told me the handlng sucked. I won't make that mistake again. The Cobra R is one of the most cost-effective cars in the game. The Camaro just edges it out in absolute bang for minimum buck, but the Cobra has a little more development potential if you can go the few extra kilocredits in the initial purchase.
exhorst
i like the gear ratios aswell, because there is no overdrive like in Chevys, and Vipers, you can properly race with all six gears
Well, that's a change. I drove a Cobra R in the PD Cup in GT3 and never got above 4th gear in the entire series.

I just bought one for 29k and it has that same sound but for some reason when i was doing the Hot rod championship a neon SRT-4 was pulling away from me why is that oh and how do you get custom pics for your profile?

I liked the SVT Cobra because you could do this...
IMG0068.jpg

...And this
IMG0069.jpg

What a muscle Car!

Senamic

I love the car - I have about 5 in my garage... I agree with the handling, it's great for standard racing, and drifts well strait out of the box.

I have almost 30 Cobra R's. Easily my favorite of the game. I've built a few that are as fast on S3's as some cars on R3's.

Oh, what the hell! This is a great car. As many have said, I could consider it to be my favorite too. The looks of it are amazing, and the handling is surprisingly good for a muscle car. And to top things off for me:

number24b.jpg

number25.jpg

number26b.jpg

:sly:

Latest Posts

Back