SRC-Spec Racing Club Presents "The Roadster Cup" - Season 3 Finished * Summer Break* Back soon for Season 4.Open 

• Thread starter coxbox
  • 411 comments

Best day to race on?

• Total voters
perhaps we can run a poll prior to next season as to which car we might want to run next.
I would be interested if there was as big of a discrepancy between controllers and wheels on a 4WD car for example.
perhaps a tried and tested classic mini season could be fun also.

Here are the photos to a messi night of racing, but enjoyabe nevertheless. In the voice chat we were trying to make sure we could get as many people on track as possible and not leave anybody that made the effort to show up behind. I guess those without the voice chat might have wondering a bit what was going on, so apologies for that. I hope everybody had a good time in any case and those who could't join are still keen to do so next week.

Also sorry for my trip to the loo before the race. I should've been more clear. Binning the quali results was far from ideal, although I bet @DizzyF176 had some fun carving through the pack.

And some other pictures from the Goodwood rounds I procrastinated to upload:

Hopefully I can join again next week!
Nice photos! Hopefully i'll manage to race with you on the next race... dammit network connetion🤦‍♂️ Thank you to all that tried to help me, you are really nice people!

I would rather not change the car now as I like this one. Running other Leagues alongside is always a possibility.
Indeed. I'd like to do a full season with it. I've already skipped a few and more are still to be skipped :/

perhaps we can run a poll prior to next season as to which car we might want to run next.
I would be interested if there was as big of a discrepancy between controllers and wheels on a 4WD car for example.
perhaps a tried and tested classic mini season could be fun also.
In the real series Ben Short has won all 11 races so far 🤣 Mighty minis would be a good shout too. I just want to race the same car for many seasons. If we keep changing then people leave and we have to start again.

Hey drivers, what times are we seeing in practice for Autopolis Short? :) Still trying to get my average laptime down (1:32.3 average), figured I'd ask and see how we're all doing on this track.

Hey drivers, what times are we seeing in practice for Autopolis Short? :) Still trying to get my average laptime down (1:32.3 average), figured I'd ask and see how we're all doing on this track.
For me it can range between mid 1:30 and 1:31 depending on track conditions and how switched on the tyres are. It's getting hot in the UK so I may be content to just cruise 1:31s in the race.

Last edited:

I can average in the 32's on a race run, and dip into the high 31's on a good good lap. This is in time trial mode though, so could well be half a second slower online.
P.s. don't be intimidated by Dizzys times, he has been fastest by a large margin at most races.

I was averaging low to mid 31's, dipping into the 30's in a good lap. The bigger source of variance being Turn 1. Nailing it or not makes a big difference and it's not an easy one.

Best absolute time I managed was a 1:30.2 in time trial with consumptions and everything in the midday slot (12:00 or 14:00, don't remember, but hot track anyway), but it's very tricky to pull it off. Mid 30's in qualy would probably be the best realistic possible outcome I think. That's all practice going into the bin anywyay, since I'll have to work that night again :/

Last edited:

From the original architect of MX-5 racing in Europe, a tightly controlled one-make series for the Mk1 Mazda MX-5 ('89 – '97 B6 1.6l 16v engine). This racing championship puts the focus on the driver's ability to be smooth and keep as much momentum as possible.. GT7 gets praise for its Sport Mode however not everyone likes racing GR4.- GR1. Here at 5Club momentum is key, loose speed through a corner and you are slow down the strait. anyone can drive a fast car fast, but when it comes to 107BHp things get a little harder.

View attachment 1141830
Car: Eunos Roadster (NA) '89
107 BHP - Please Use ower Restrictor
960kg

These are the Only Items that can be fitted.

Ballast - 20 kg (Position Open)
Confort Soft Avon ZV7.
Racing Exhaust
Racing Air Filter
Racing Brake Pads
Height-Adjustable Sports Suspension
Increase Body Rigidity

Standard Livery

Novice Livery - New Players To The League

Don't want to make a livery then use one of these from BS Motorsport in real life.

Standard Livery BS Motor Sport

Novice Livery BS Motor Sport - New Players To The League

074eccc0056e4f70dc14863db3a8e278_thumb_l_x2.jpg

Please Edit the following - Driver Number ( Type 13-14-15-16), Name and Flag and Tow Decal Colour. Colour and Sponsors outside Championship Decals are your choices, however, Championship Decals on the Body of the car can have the colour changed. No Carbon, Colour Shift or Chrome Paints, Tobacco and Alcohol Sponsors are Banned. Wheels 1 can be any 5' Racing variants and you can change the offset and tyre width.

Edit Your Driver Number is based on the previous Season Results, this also includes Reserve Drivers. New members will take the next available number in the list.

hi, how do i join the league?

Welcome, I believe your number will be 23. You just need to setup your Eunos Roadster to the specs in the OP. Probably a good idea to send a friend request to Coxbox on PSN. If you'd rather not use the livery links in the OP, you can search his feed in GT7 for either a novice base livery or the BS Motorsports one if you want a fully ready-made livery. Any of these will set the correct style - roll cage, wheels etc. You might want to double check the wheels are correct: 15 inch, wide rims with wide offset.

Howdy not on my ps4 at the moment it's far too hot tonight your number will be #23

We do have discord if you want to join and come chat, I will ad you to Sim League Pro unless you want to sign up @DizzyF176 has explained everything well.

I away from Friday this week until next Friday, so won't make this Friday's race.
I may be able to race next Friday depending on how I feel after traveling home. I'll practice for next week's race just incase, as I don't know Watkins glen at all!

I away from Friday this week until next Friday, so won't make this Friday's race.
I may be able to race next Friday depending on how I feel after traveling home. I'll practice for next week's race just incase, as I don't know Watkins glen at all!
I'm not taking part in the next two races. I will hopefully take part in the 1 hour race again. Am on vacation.

I will be back for this fridays final race. should be an interesting one!

I think this season people had to miss a few races due to it being holiday time of the year, but season 3 will hopefully see more people turning up at most races. It will be good to jump into season 3 as quick as possible so people dont lose interest!

I will be back for this fridays final race. should be an interesting one!

I think this season people had to miss a few races due to it being holiday time of the year, but season 3 will hopefully see more people turning up at most races. It will be good to jump into season 3 as quick as possible so people dont lose interest!
I agree we need a few weeks to fix a few things but for sure I don't want to wait too long to start season 3

Back