SRC-Spec Racing Club Presents "The Roadster Cup" - Season 3 Finished * Summer Break* Back soon for Season 4.Open 

• Thread starter coxbox
  • 411 comments

Best day to race on?

• Total voters

Attachments

• IMG_20220803_120738.jpg
    IMG_20220803_120738.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 16
I would be interested in trying your setup. I like to use the throttle to steer but it is a bit snappy.
@Chiochansan i gave your setup a try, but found it too prone to snap on me on the limit, ive set up mine to be more prone to under steer at the limit i think. I think i could achieve a similar lap time overall, but was more consistent with my set up.

WIP Tsukuba setup. Pretty good in the dry at least but it looks like it will be a wet race

Edit: correction, it might be a wet race

Attachments

• 20220803_194106.jpg
    20220803_194106.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
ill give your setup a go tonight Dizzy, but controller setups never seem to work well for me on a wheel.
@coxbox on the results table on simleaguepro, it doesnt seem to have @lancerevoo results from friday? I believe he won race two did he not?

ill give your setup a go tonight Dizzy, but controller setups never seem to work well for me on a wheel.
@coxbox on the results table on simleaguepro, it doesnt seem to have @lancerevoo results from friday? I believe he won race two did he not?
sorted it for some reason it had him in the correct place for both races but id said he had 0 points.

I'll be interested to hear how you find it. I had wheel users in mind while making it - which seems to have benefitted me too. For me it has minimal turn in oversteer - where controllers can have the biggest advantage, with the countersteer assist. Oversteer out of corners is fairly easy to manage with throttle control and is fairly minimal (for this car) with this setup. It also brakes and turns in well. Braking too late is quite understeery with it too I find.

I can do the same personal best with this setup as I can with Chiochansan's grip setup.

Also curious if people noticed lag so much in my lobbies? I only noticed it, while hosting, with people who seemed to have not great Internet connections. Other people were like being on a local network.

@DizzyF176 interesting! I will definitely give it a go then.
I didn't particularly notice any lag when i joined, but there wasn't many people left at that point.

I do find it interesting that we were all much closer together in the FWD golf's, but since moving to the RWD MX5's it has definitely shown a gap between controller and wheel users, and as you say it seems to be the countersteer assistance and the confidence it gives you to play with the rear of the car in and out of corners, where as for me it just feels like i need to be super super careful getting on the power, and sometimes the car will spin around on you in slow speed tight corners for example with no hope of recovering it neatly. I wish i had more ability to play with the rear end on the limit, ie drift on purpose.

On the controller, usually deal with power oversteer by easing off the throttle. Sometimes I can deal with it just by adjusting the wheel - or a mixture of the two. The tyre sounds are very useful feedback - though you really need to build up that virtual seat of the pants feeling too.

Although I use a controller, one good thing I do is sit close to my monitor, and always sit in the same position, as I'm in a cockpit. This helps in getting used to game's FoV (field of vision) which is a pretty big part of being able to judge things and being quick - and consistent. Also, try to have the horizon line at eye level to minimise distortion.

The Golf was more of a struggle for me. I mostly stick to RWD regardless.

Last edited:
Very, very unfortunate that the thunderstorm today knocked me out of the event. What's ironic is that now that I sit here waiting to see how these turned out, the storm has all but vanished.

Well that was a Fluster Cluck tonight with connection issues and thunderstorms but we finished, that's for everyone who joined or was unable to race but boy was it fun :cheers:Photos wiill follow so stay tuned or watch the stream on my twitch.

@Yenkoo85 join us in the week and we can give you some pointers to make you a little faster :gtpflag:

Here are the photos to a messi night of racing, but enjoyabe nevertheless. In the voice chat we were trying to make sure we could get as many people on track as possible and not leave anybody that made the effort to show up behind. I guess those without the voice chat might have wondering a bit what was going on, so apologies for that. I hope everybody had a good time in any case and those who could't join are still keen to do so next week.

Also sorry for my trip to the loo before the race. I should've been more clear. Binning the quali results was far from ideal, although I bet @DizzyF176 had some fun carving through the pack.

And some other pictures from the Goodwood rounds I procrastinated to upload:

Hopefully I can join again next week!

I have a question, will the car be changed after each season?
Will there be races with different car manufacturers?

I like the sound of this. Do you reckon we could get away without making it one-make?
I think there's a good chance with the fairly strict rules to be a Kei car. The only one I've tried so far is the Suzuki Cappuccino, for the Kei car 400pp human comedy mission.

Last edited:
Back