MXGP PRO - Jun 29, 2018 for PS4, XOne and PC

• Thread starter er185es
  • 15 comments
Spain
Spain
PIETRAMURATA (Trentino, Italy) 7 April 2018 - Today just after the Qualifying races and press conference for the MXGP of Trentino Youthstream, Milestone, and MXGP professional riders Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Antonio Cairoli, Team HRC’s Tim Gajser, and Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Gautier Paulinproudly announced the newest addition to the MXGP Videogame Franchise, MXGP PRO, which will be available on June 29th 2018 on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and on Windows PC®/STEAM.

Youthstream Vice President David Luongo opened the presentation saying: “MXGP Pro will be once again as close as possible to the reality, and the players will be able to make the 2017 season with their heroes on the official tracks of the MXGP World Championship. Youthstream is very proud of its relationship with Milestone. We have been both on the same line in the development process of the different games since the beginning of our collaboration. Together, and with the help and feedback of many top riders, we have been capable to develop a great game. The result has been a fantastic franchise that is now a must have all around the world for the MXGP passionates and the motocross fans in general.”

Milestone Marketing Manager Andrea Loiudice said: “Thank you David! We are also very glad to continue working with Youthstream. Youthstream is one of our longest licenses and MXGP is one of Milestone’s flagship franchises, a key title in our portfolio which has achieved solid results during the years, reaching and consolidating a big fanbase. As you have already seen from the trailer, this year the MXGP videogame will make you live the motocross experience like a professional rider: the most important news of this new chapter is the Pro game mode on top of other ones, which will enable all players to feel like a real Motocross athlete, controlling their bike set-up like a real mechanic and behaving like a real MXGP rider on track.”

To make the game experience even more unique, Milestone closed an exclusive partnership with Tim Gajser, Tony Cairoli, Gautier Paulin; and thanks to their suggestions, the developers succeed in reaching a surprising level of realism. Tim Gajser explained how to have fun whipping, scrubbing, and passing through whoops sections, while Tony Cairoli gave his feedback on Start & Braking Precision, including how to take advantage of the Starting Grid and brake precisely. Finally, Gautier Paulin advised on controlling the ruts and taking corners at top speed.

Next to speak at the presentation was Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Antonio Cairoli who said: “I think it is really important what they are doing because first of all it is really good for motocross, making such a good looking game. Every new edition is getting better and better and you can do a lot of work on the bike and actually feel it on the track.”

Following Cairoli was Team HRC’s Tim Gajser: “It is great to collaborate with them and give some advice on how to make the game even more realistic. I was able to try the game yesterday and did one race here in Trentino. I was really surprised, I think they are doing a great job and with our advice it is making the game even better.”

Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Gautier Paulin concluded: “It is good to have motocross in a videogame, to have it be so real with the ability to set up the bike and ride on real tracks, professional tracks, MXGP World Championship tracks, and this is really important for our fans and just motocross in general.”

Directly after the announcement both the riders and the media took the chance to try out a sample of MXGP Pro.

MXGP PRO is a brand-new start, designed to meet the need of the most demanding fans to relive the real spirit of Motocross. Based on the community feedback, the title has been redefined following what Milestone’s developers call the “mechanical” approach: players will be able to setup each single parameter of their bike based on real values and metrics.

All the knowledge of the past titles in the MXGP franchise come to life in this new, redefined videogame which enhances the experience of the racing by refining the entire approach and the gameplay. This is what PRO is set to be, a videogame with a completely new soul:

• A new Bike Set-Up system, which will enable players to arrange and build up each single parameter of their bike based on real values and metrics;
  • A real physics approach, to let the player race with spectacular movements without any limitations and with a reworked system of grips, collisions, and in air behaviors;
  • Extremely realistic rider movements, integrated with the bike and affected by the impact of the bike on different terrains.
Luca Simonotti, Lead Designer at Milestone, commented: This year we have been able to completely redefine the physics and the entire gameplay experience of MXGP. We started from the analysis of suspension, we compared the pressure with fork extensions as well as single shock-absorbers using the same values of official MXGP athletes’ bikes; the same process has been done with the ECU mapping. Moreover, thanks to the exclusive partnership with official MXGP riders Tim Gajser, Tony Cairoli, and Gautier Paulin we have been able to receive qualitative feedbacks on areas of improvements towards the whole development process. It has been a unique experience for us to be on track with them and we are proud of the results achieved.”

Each professional player, after securing the most powerful bike aligned with his riding style, needs to train in the mud to be ready to face any circuits in any weather conditions. This is the reason why the Compound in MXGP PRO becomes a much larger practice area, a free space to train and develop driving skills on any kind of terrain, from the flattest to the roughest ones.

MXGP PRO, which is developed by Milestone S.r.l., one of the leading and longest established racing game developer in the world, will be released on June 29th 2018 on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and on Windows PC®/STEAM.

Trailer

Last edited:
Cool beans. Weird coincidence that I just bought Monster Energy Supercross the other day, which they released a couple months ago, and was wondering when/if the next MXGP game was going to be. I skipped MXGP3 but really enjoyed 2. Not sure why everyone says its so bad.. I skipped 3 because it looked worse lol

But yea, then this announcement pops up. Looking forward to it.

I've always dreamed of a proper Motocross game since the advent of Motocross Madness on PC decades ago.
MSGP Pro will be an insta-buy for me, love the photorealistic approach, all I can say is , finally!

well done Milestone S.r.l.

Trailer always looking awesome, thats what trailers are for! :D
The better the trailer the worse the game LOL :)
Good games dont need CGI trailer, they show ingame graphics and gameplay.

Trailer always looking awesome, thats what trailers are for! :D
The better the trailer the worse the game LOL :)
Good games dont need CGI trailer, they show ingame graphics and gameplay.

I don’t speak of the trailer but of the italian preview...

If one were to get there feet wet in the video game motocross genre...which game would you all recommend to learn from:

I have a PS4, Xbox One, and a Xbox 360. Current games I’ve heard of are:
MXGP 1, 2, & 3
Monster Energy: Supercross The Game

Back