My answer to no PSN...

  • Thread starter Thread starter dtn23
  • 26 comments
  • 3,551 views
Messages
492
Messages
GREENTELLATUBBY
I'm aware that there are many threads regarding the general idea of how to amuse yourself without the PSN, but I've just been having so much fun with what I'm doing that I want to share it with the rest of you.

There are many people who are running hot laps around the 'Ring right now to kill their time, but I have yet to see anyone doing what I'm doing. I've managed to acquire one of just about every street legal super car from the NCD in stock form and I'm running them around the 'Ring bone stock with just Sports Soft tires. I'm using soft because the hards were just a little too squirly through some areas for me to manage with a DS3. I'm running no assists except ABS on 1 and I have to admit, learning the track and how each stock car behaves is one of the most rewarding things I've done thus far in the game.

I started out with a few of my favorite cars and was average mid to upper 7:20's but as I learned the track and extended into other cars, I'm currently managed upper 7:1X's with most cars. This thread will serve a double purpose to me: it will help give other people an idea of what to do to stay entertained, but I will also be posting my lap times and reviewing the cars I've been using so others may take the chance to do the same. Many of the cars I've tested have surprised me, so here goes:
 
This will be a list of my lap times. (The single fastest lap with each car)
All cars will be driven completely stock, with an oil change and Sports Soft tires, from a rolling start.
All Aids will be off except ABS on 1 and all laps will be done on the DS3.


Murcielago LP 670-4 Super Veloce
7:11.538​
SLS AMG '10
7:16.734​
Viper SRT10 ACR '08
7:18.234​
458 Italia '09
7:18.234​
Enzo Ferrari '02
7:19.543​
LFA '10
7:19.749​
GT-R '07
7:20.827​
Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
7:20.945​
McLaren F1 '94
7:21.756​
Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
7:22.746​
430 Scuderia '07
7:24.118​
Ford GT '06
7:30.380​
 
Last edited:
Here I will post a short review of each car, including how it reacts to different sections and situations along the track, as well as simply my personal opinion of the car. I look forward to all of your feedback :D

Ford GT '06:

I'll be working my way up the list from slowest to fastest time, and adding a review for each car as I do it after that. And for now the slowest car I've tested is the Ford GT. That isn't necessarily detrimental to the car though, because it is one of the first cars I tested and I was still fairly new to the 'Ring and to Sports tires. The car itself feels very planted, although a little tail happy through some technical, bumpy sections. It's always managable though and even with fairly low HP (compared to many of the 600+ cars I'm testing) it pulls hard from any speed in almost any gear. The speed will actually surprise you and the sound is phenominal. Overall, it's a very good car for some modestly quick laps around any track that will never be short on amusement. Not to mention I love a little American muscle :sly:
 
Last edited:
Just to make it clear, what version of the ring are you running round? I presume it's Nordschleife?
 
7:10 - 7:20s = Nordschleife, the type V and 24H are much longer

This is a neat idea ... i might pitch in with a few findings of my own
 
This will be a list of my lap times. (The single fastest lap with each car)
All cars will be driven completely stock, with an oil change and Sports Soft tires, from a rolling start.
All Aids will be off except ABS on 1 and all laps will be done on the DS3.

Time:​
Cars:


Murcielago LP 670-4 Super Veloce
7:11.538​
SLS AMG '10
7:16.734​
Viper SRT10 ACR '08
7:18.234​
458 Italia '09
7:18.234​
Enzo Ferrari '02
7:19.543​
LFA '10
7:19.749​
GT-R '07
7:20.827​
Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
7:20.945​
McLaren F1 '94
7:21.756​
Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
7:22.746​
430 Scuderia '07
7:24.118​
Ford GT '06
7:30.380​
Please consider posting your times to this lap time board! https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/m...zhdFA5cmNVRlh3T3A5Z3Y3TU52c0lTRHc&hl=en#gid=9


It has been around for some time and has about 50 users. Since PSN is down, it is gaining a lot of popularity.

Here is the thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=179230

when it is updated, people post what they have added in the thread. Id love to see more ring times and get an even bigger collection going!
 
so here's how i seeit?
offline physics arent worth thinking about as they have unreal physics so whats the point, i love gt 5 but kaz needs to enable the buttons on the g25 27 b4 i can seriously compete with the best, it sucks being a disabled fan of gt5
 
I'll second the Public Laptime board, I have quite a few times on it.👍

so here's how i seeit?
offline physics arent worth thinking about as they have unreal physics so whats the point, i love gt 5 but kaz needs to enable the buttons on the g25 27 b4 i can seriously compete with the best, it sucks being a disabled fan of gt5


I know there is difference between the Offline and Online physics, but I thought it was the ONLINE that was unrealistic?

Anyway if your doing back to back testing it doesnt really matter what you do it on as long as you do it all on the same physics engine.💡
 
we are getting FREE PSN PLUS for 30 days-FREE. downloads and games free
 
This will be a list of my lap times. (The single fastest lap with each car)
All cars will be driven completely stock, with an oil change and Sports Soft tires, from a rolling start.
All Aids will be off except ABS on 1 and all laps will be done on the DS3.

Time:​
Cars:


Murcielago LP 670-4 Super Veloce
7:11.538​
SLS AMG '10
7:16.734​
Viper SRT10 ACR '08
7:18.234​
458 Italia '09
7:18.234​
Enzo Ferrari '02
7:19.543​
LFA '10
7:19.749​
GT-R '07
7:20.827​
Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
7:20.945​
McLaren F1 '94
7:21.756​
Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
7:22.746​
430 Scuderia '07
7:24.118​
Ford GT '06
7:30.380​

My 458 italia '09 time: 7:16:884 (no oil change). First time I started racing without SR. You're right. This is FUN!
 
Last edited:
we are getting FREE PSN PLUS for 30 days-FREE. downloads and games free

But anything that you have not paid for will not be available after the 30 days have expired so it aint that great..So if you download all the free stuff then after 30 days you will no longer be able to use them
 
But anything that you have not paid for will not be available after the 30 days have expired so it aint that great..So if you download all the free stuff then after 30 days you will no longer be able to use them
It aint that great, in fact it's absolute rubbish.
 
I dont want to sound like the guy who always has one better, but thats exactly what ive been doing , ive changed it now though into PP groups, 475 and 550 to see what is the best car at these PP. So far for 475 its the NSX/Intergra and NSX/RUF '00/Murcielago.

Everything is so close at 550 PP there are a number of cars within a second of eachothers laps e.g GTR, M3.

The main tracks ive been running them on are Tsukuba and Suzuka, also been trying some different ones aswell.
 
But anything that you have not paid for will not be available after the 30 days have expired so it aint that great..So if you download all the free stuff then after 30 days you will no longer be able to use them

Where does it say that?
Anyway 30 days is a fair trade for my credit card details.
 
I am very pleased that you are managing to have fun during the PSN downtime, however, if you want a rewarding drive around the 'Ring', I would suggest taking the Ferrari F40 stock on sports medium tyres around the track. I have yet to find anything more rewarding and more fun than this car and track! Good times however!
 
I am very pleased that you are managing to have fun during the PSN downtime, however, if you want a rewarding drive around the 'Ring', I would suggest taking the Ferrari F40 stock on sports medium tyres around the track. I have yet to find anything more rewarding and more fun than this car and track! Good times however!

I'll definately give that a shot, I was just working on current super cars to see how they stack up. Thanks for the idea 👍
 
Glad to see some feedback from you guys. I'll look at the lap time forum but I'm doing this more as a comparison of my lap times of each car, not how my laps stack against other people, but I'll gladly check it out. I got called into work today so I had to put this thread on hold. I'll be getting back to some new laps and doing the reviews tomorrow :D
 
Just to make it clear, what version of the ring are you running round? I presume it's Nordschleife?

And yes I'm doing Nordy :sly:
 
so here's how i seeit?
offline physics arent worth thinking about as they have unreal physics so whats the point, i love gt 5 but kaz needs to enable the buttons on the g25 27 b4 i can seriously compete with the best, it sucks being a disabled fan of gt5

Yeah....... that's why you can't seriously compete with the best :rolleyes:
 
My answer? Continue to play the darn games. They're fun, even without all the online stuff. Granted, shooters and racers might not be as much fun without all the online play, but sports games are fun. Madden, NBA 2K, Fifa, etc. are all very fun without the online play.
 
My answer? Continue to play the darn games. They're fun, even without all the online stuff. Granted, shooters and racers might not be as much fun without all the online play, but sports games are fun. Madden, NBA 2K, Fifa, etc. are all very fun without the online play.

My answer, this isn't a sports thread. It was just my idea for others to look over and try. If you don't like it, you don't have to do it, but you are on a GT website instead of playing Fifa, just saying.
 
Last edited:
For anyone who happens to be wondering or waiting for this part, I'm beginning the review section of the thread now, so sometime shortly you should be able to get some info on how many of these stock cars handle the ring. I'll be making a few recommendations that you'd be missing out not to try :sly:
 
When PSN was still online I did the same thing.
Just take stock cars (with stock tyres, mostly Sports Hard) to the Nordschleife.
Was my favourite thing on GT4, is my favourite thing to do on GT5 :)
My personal best (not fastest): 07'54.640 with a stock Impreza Sedan WRX STi '10 on Sport Hards.
 
i am servicing and repairing my online racers its a full time job lol. can't wait to be online again. that gt2 opening theme tune is in the back of my mind
 
I'm aware that there are many threads regarding the general idea of how to amuse yourself without the PSN, but I've just been having so much fun with what I'm doing that I want to share it with the rest of you.

There are many people who are running hot laps around the 'Ring right now to kill their time, but I have yet to see anyone doing what I'm doing. I've managed to acquire one of just about every street legal super car from the NCD in stock form and I'm running them around the 'Ring bone stock with just Sports Soft tires. I'm using soft because the hards were just a little too squirly through some areas for me to manage with a DS3. I'm running no assists except ABS on 1 and I have to admit, learning the track and how each stock car behaves is one of the most rewarding things I've done thus far in the game.

I started out with a few of my favorite cars and was average mid to upper 7:20's but as I learned the track and extended into other cars, I'm currently managed upper 7:1X's with most cars. This thread will serve a double purpose to me: it will help give other people an idea of what to do to stay entertained, but I will also be posting my lap times and reviewing the cars I've been using so others may take the chance to do the same. Many of the cars I've tested have surprised me, so here goes:

hey just FYI there are many people doing what your doing
 
I have set up an Excel spreadsheet, started setting best lap times and filled in my spreadsheet. Gonna try and beat my existing ghosts at some time! 👍

It's really fun.
 
Back