GT5 Lap Time Board

• Thread starter HotRodKing
  • 394 comments
United States
Fremont, California
HotRodKing
I have made a few changes to the board since it was created. I want as many people as possible to contribute so there are a wide variety of cars and tracks represented. The board is very simple to use, and we continue to make changes to make it even better!

Here is what you have to do to edit:
1. Follow this link to the board
2. Click the "Share" button at the top right of the page
3. Type in your google account email address
4. Wait to get approved by an existing editor

Remember to be honest about your times and car performance. This is more of a collaborative reference doc than it is a show-off doc. It is also very important to keep the doc neat and consistent. When you add new times to the board, be sure to post on this thread as well to let other users know what has been updated recently.

UPDATE:
I'M BACK!

12/24/12

"Lap Time Collections"
Original Post:
A few of my friends and I started a Google Doc a little over a week ago to log our best lap times from practice sessions. We have this as sort of a database of different cars and set ups on different tracks, not as a competition.

Our idea was to have a wide variety of cars with a wide variety of tuning setups on a wide variety of tracks. Sure there are all sorts of variables to consider, but thats the fun of it. We invite you to post your lap times on our Google Doc of any car, on any track, with any tuning set up you wish. All we ask is that you keep the format consistent and please, BE HONEST about your time, car setups, and driver aids used. This is not meant to be a competition (although it can be for added fun.)

Most of the times we have set are just quick practice runs that could have been as little as 5 laps. Don't judge. Don't hate. Just have fun.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllO63eTtnahdFhicmdxM2haT1M0Ui0tYUY0b1Z1R3c#gid=9

We hope to see some new times up from you!

Last edited:
Times i've added thus far... (In order of best lap)

Top Gear (RS)
Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car '05
Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
Peugeot 908 HDI FAP - Team Peugeot Total
Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98 (Fully Modified)
Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
Pagani Zonda LM Race Car
Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car '98
Mercedes SLR Mclaren (19 Inch Wheel Option) (Fully Modified)
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97
Audi RS6 Avant '08 (Fully modified)
Chevrolet Corvette C5R '00
Mitsubishi Lancer Evoloution IX GSR '05 (Fully Modified)
Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89 (Fully modified)
BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
Ferrari F430 Scuderia
Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT-1 '00
Toyota FT86 G Sports Concept '10 (Fully Modified)
Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex '83 (Fully Modified)
Toyota Sera '92 (Fully Modified)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evoloution IX GSR '05 (RM)
Lamborghini Murcielago Super Veloce '09
Jaguar XJ220 '92
Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98
Saleen S7 '02
Audi RS6 Avant '08
Ferrari Enzo Ferrarri '02
Toyota FT86 G Sports Concept '10
Dodge Viper SRT10 '03
Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89
RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87
Mitsubishi Lancer Evoloution IX GSR '05
Volkswagon New Beetle RSI '00
Volkswagen Schwimmawagen TYP166 '42
Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex '83
Toyota Sera '92

Top Gear (SS)
Mercedes SLR Mclaren (19 Inch Wheel Option)
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97
Dodge Viper SRT10 '03
RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87

Top Speed
Audi RS6 Avant '08 (Fully modified)
Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89 (Fully modified)
Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98 (Fully Modified)
Jaguar XJ220 '92
Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car '98
Mitsubishi Lancer Evoloution IX GSR '05 (Fully Modified)
Audi RS6 Avant '08
Toyota FT86 G Sports Concept '10 (Fully Modified)
Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89
Toyota FT86 G Sports Concept '10
Mitsubishi Lancer Evoloution IX GSR '05 (RM)
Toyota Sera '92 (Fully Modified)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evoloution IX GSR '05
Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98
Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex '83
Toyota Sera '92

More will be added in time :)

Last edited:
it should be working properly. click the tabs at the bottom with the tracks maybe? does the doc look blank to you?

OK lol, didn't see them there 👍 nice job

Only suggestion would be a notes section. Especially for the Nurburgring one. I don't believe that a DTM car could be beaten by a Scuderia if it ran a clean lap

yeah i should probably delete that one. Im not super great at the ring and after a lap and a half it was completely black because its the time change one. ill add that a * next to the car means the time was set in under 5 laps.

Sweet, I have started doing this myself, but I'll add some to yours.
BTW what does the C/RW stand for?

Righto, sorry I missed that.

I dont have the power and weights handy either, but all my times are done stock (and oil change).

well power and all that is pretty important haha. just check your garage some time and update them later. that would be greatly appreciated.

I was working on a program to do something like this, but I've been too busy to finish it and I don't really see it being used enough to make it worth doing.

However, I'll happily start contributing to this.

I would suggest that you close the editing to just a few select people...Well, let me just PM you.

Autumn Ring times added.
Monza (No Chicane) next.

Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaking ages haha

OK done, all my times added to Autumn Ring and Monza (No Chicane).

Last edited:
If I may make a suggestion,
Have the manufacturer in a different column, so you can filter by manufacturer.
Also maybe a P and S column for Premium Vs Standard.
And a brake balance column too, as its not a driving aid, nor is it a tuning part, so changing the brake balance still leaves the car stock.
If we get really keen, a seperate spreadsheet for stock and one for tuned, also keeps the confusion to a minimum.
A P/W column for power to weight ratios could come in handy too.

Big job to get a nice clean sheet that everyone can use, good on you for giving it a go:tup:

Just my 2 cents.
BroncosXR8

Last edited:
Once there are more cars maybe i will add columns for make to search. I just didnt want too many things on there that make it cluttered. a P/S column would also be good. but the brake balance i would consider a tune. i know its it stock part but its like a stock tuning. that and the fact that not too many people i know change the brake balance much.

hopefully we can establish a balance between information and simplicity in the spreadsheet as more and more people begin to use it.

Last edited:
Fair enough on the brake balance, its something I change on every car so its important to me but I realise it may not be to everyone.

Though I believe the manufacturer is Vital to have separate, besides cleaning up the name of the car, it allows the search to be much more powerful and useful.

Anyway, I'm still posting times as I go, mainly in Autumn Ring and Monza (No chicane) but I see a few like Tsukuba so I may start some in there to.

Happy hot lapping guys:tup:

Just curious, how did you manage sub 7 minutes at the 24H version of the ring in a LFA. I think that time belongs for the Nordschliefe only.

Just curious, how did you manage sub 7 minutes at the 24H version of the ring in a LFA. I think that time belongs for the Nordschliefe only.

yeah im not sure who put that. i was wondering the same thing. im sure its meant for the Nordschliefe but we can leave it there for now

Added the HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 to my times. Not a bad little rocket, although it spins the wheels much to easy on Sports Hard tyres, must be since it generates max torque and power at around 4500 rpm!

I was also thinking that the year needs to be seperated into its own column, that way you can quickly search for cars accourding to their age.

Added the HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 to my times. Not a bad little rocket, although it spins the wheels much to easy on Sports Hard tyres, must be since it generates max torque and power at around 4500 rpm!

I was also thinking that the year needs to be seperated into its own column, that way you can quickly search for cars accourding to their age.

I do like the idea of being able to sort, but if you think about it, you can sort by make anyway as of now because the Make should always be with the Model under car name. I was thinking we could make a few "keyword" sections off to the right so that adding all of these columns wouldn't clutter up where all the info is

Jump in Mr Dinosaur94!

@ HotRodKing, yeah I understand the need to keep it simple, I just think other people (particularly if you want to make an official GTP timesheet) that people will expect all options that GT5 does when searching in the garage, one notable exception is the drive type, FF, FR, MR, AWD ect, it doesnt bother me I know what 99% of them are, but others might want that option. :scared:

Anyhow its your baby:tup:

Jump in Mr Dinosaur94!

@ HotRodKing, yeah I understand the need to keep it simple, I just think other people (particularly if you want to make an official GTP timesheet) that people will expect all options that GT5 does when searching in the garage, one notable exception is the drive type, FF, FR, MR, AWD ect, it doesnt bother me I know what 99% of them are, but others might want that option. :scared:

Anyhow its your baby:tup:

you have a good point. I will be adding keyword searches to the right side soon. It will include Drivetrain, Year, Make, and P/S. We will see how that goes. thanks for all the feedback i like that :)

Righto guys, i'm getting busy on the TGTT. I've done a few cars and will add the times shortly
FYI: I use a DFP

EDIT: I've added the 908, GT LM test car, 430 Scud, Nomad Diablo, Murcielago SV & Enzo... And a fully modded shwimmawagen!

Last edited:
Yeah I know it says ft-pd but my version of the game puts out in kgfm:tdown: :ouch: and I cant be bothered converting the hundred plus entries I have made, sorry.

Maybe on one of my days off... if I'm really bored... and motivated, I'll do it.

Yeah I know it says ft-pd but my version of the game puts out in kgfm:tdown: :ouch: and I cant be bothered converting the hundred plus entries I have made, sorry.

Maybe on one of my days off... if I'm really bored... and motivated, I'll do it.

Its not a big deal, thats more for people who just have a few times. its easy to just use a converter on the internet. I might do through when im bored and change them all. i did that for the top gear times

Back