My beta progress didnt go to physical download

• Thread starter jaynnc
  • 25 comments
United States
United States
I made pretty good progress with the beta. Due to funds, I rented the physical disc from redbox. Insert the game and my progress was not transferred...Now I have 2 GTS files...Anybody know how to resolve this

Also, for those who haven’t transferred data from a PlayStation 4 demo over into a full game, Sony has provided step-by-step instructions on how to go about it.

Let’s just get right to it.

Transferring your Gran Turismo Sport save:

• Power up the PS4 console
  • On the main menu, select GT Sport to load the game
  • Be sure you’re logged in with the same User Profile used for the demo
  • On the GT Sport main menu, an on-screen message will appear asking you to confirm save transfer to the full game
  • Select yes and a second confirmation of carry over data will appear
  • Transfer successful
Have you done it that way?

I did all of the above when I first started the game. Only 2 gift cars, 111k credits (I had 430k) 1350 miles (Had 5k+). Lost all progress from the challenges. Wondering if the online save during the open beta is the issue. I spotted last night that I had 2 different save files. Both had where the same size but had a different date.

Also, for those who haven’t transferred data from a PlayStation 4 demo over into a full game, Sony has provided step-by-step instructions on how to go about it.

Let’s just get right to it.

Transferring your Gran Turismo Sport save:

• Power up the PS4 console
  • On the main menu, select GT Sport to load the game
  • Be sure you’re logged in with the same User Profile used for the demo
  • On the GT Sport main menu, an on-screen message will appear asking you to confirm save transfer to the full game
  • Select yes and a second confirmation of carry over data will appear
  • Transfer successful
Have you done it that way?
I did all of the above when I first started the game. Only 2 gift cars, 111k credits (I had 430k) 1350 miles (Had 5k+). Lost all progress from the challenges. Wondering if the online save during the open beta is the issue. I spotted last night that I had 2 different save files. Both had where the same size but had a different date.

Yeah, Im in the same situation..I actually was never given that option when I first started the game cause trust, I was looking for it. I tried to go back in the beta file but could not connect to server....I may have lost everything but that cant be true cause GTS is a true online game. My profile is the same but no luck. I ended up deleting the beta film hoping something could happen but no luck....

Just downloaded the old save file. This did an over ride of today's data. Still the same. I am at a loss. No livery sticker pack either

Mission and challenge progress wasn't transferred for anyone

Me too. I had over 100K earned in the beta plus the NSX GR.B but I only received the 2M plus 50K credits. My NSX GR.B rally car transferred. I Received the 12 gift cars, and the level up and xp's plus mileage. But I should have received more credits.

I didn't receive all of my stuff either (missing a couple cars and credits). Not that big of a deal though, in 2 nights i' almost have everything done and have over 25 cars already. It's almost too easy to earn money and win cars. Rubber Band the Dodge Tomahawk on the Oval all night.. Wake up with 25,000 mileage points and a extra 200,000 credits.

Was anything transferred from the demo save to the full game? Credits, miles driven, anything?
Credits and mileage points up to a certain amount up to 8 cars and I don't remember what else. There's threads here laying it all out. The ps store even said what would transfer

I was anxious to play the game, and loaded while the patch was downloading. Due to this I never received the option to bring over my Beta progress. I had already activated the amazon pre-order bonus. Contacted sony support but was unsuccessful in getting anything helpful from them other than the normal troubleshooting.. ie Delete and Re-install, etc.

Anyone find a solution on how to recover the 26 cars I received from the Beta?

I was anxious to play the game, and loaded while the patch was downloading. Due to this I never received the option to bring over my Beta progress. I had already activated the amazon pre-order bonus. Contacted sony support but was unsuccessful in getting anything helpful from them other than the normal troubleshooting.. ie Delete and Re-install, etc.

I tried reinstallation multiple times but could not get my Beta progress as well.
I don't know whether there's a solution out there, tried tweet to GTsport and message them through facebook, doesn't seem to have any reply yet.
Please share if you have got a solution.
I am trying multiple steps of delete game/delete profile/reinstall/restart machine to see if there's any difference.
I seriously hope that the transfer of beta car is not an offer that only appear ONCE regardless of whether the game save file has been deleted.

I'd be rather disappointed if that was the case. Especially considering we were really never notified about the process to get the progress from beta --> full version. I was just excited to play the damn game, didn't realize i'd potentially lose some pretty sweet cars by wanting to see the game!

Only 8 of those cars woulda transferred anyway

I didn't receive all of my stuff either (missing a couple cars and credits). Not that big of a deal though, in 2 nights i' almost have everything done and have over 25 cars already. It's almost too easy to earn money and win cars. Rubber Band the Dodge Tomahawk on the Oval all night.. Wake up with 25,000 mileage points and a extra 200,000 credits.

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the game though. Yes you will get Mileage Points and Credits faster, allowing you to buy and progress faster, but for me that would remove the feeling of having actually earned the item/car and played through the progression of the game.

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the game though. Yes you will get Mileage Points and Credits faster, allowing you to buy and progress faster, but for me that would remove the feeling of having actually earned the item/car and played through the progression of the game.

I've pretty much beat the game already, And without spending a penny i already have 20+ cars (earned them all). I'm not putting a ton of time into a game that's not giving me much in return lol.

Are talking about the closed beta or the open 4/5 day open demo/ beta, cause I don't think it was possible to amass 26 cars in the open demo/ beta

Do you have more info on how to do this?

Do you have more info on how to do this?

I don't see much info about grinding in GT Sport, but you could grind for credits in previous GT games by entering an endurance race on an oval track and applying a rubber band to the controller so the car will drive itself. Here is a google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=gran+turismo+rubber+band+trick&oq=gran+turismo+rubber+band+trick
(It is called "grinding" when you enter and win the same race repeatedly in order to build credits, experience, prize cars, etc.)

Back