My biggest project so far: GT1 intro recreated with GT5 replays

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 60 comments
Nice work mate! I am not so sure if that camera angle is available in GT5, but the Casrol Supra appears at Grand Valley Speedway. Just for info ;)

Nice work mate! I am not so sure if that camera angle is available in GT5, but the Casrol Supra appears at Grand Valley Speedway. Just for info ;)

Thx a lot my friend.

I know it was Grand Valley, I tried it there and the angle didn't match.

Thx still. :)👍

Ya that's really awesome work! Thanks for sharing such a creative... um, creation! I'd love to see you do the same thing with the GT2 intro and the GT3 ending movies. I know it takes a lot of work, so do what you want. I'd just love to see those. :)

Ya that's really awesome work! Thanks for sharing such a creative... um, creation! I'd love to see you do the same thing with the GT2 intro and the GT3 ending movies. I know it takes a lot of work, so do what you want. I'd just love to see those. :)

I would too man, I would too...

Well, in a month I start studying at uni and as the kliche says, uni students do everything, but study, so maybe I'll have the time there lol.

This is an awesome remake! Makes me want to try out GT1, as I only really started with GT3.

Thx dude. GT1 is SUCH a classic. It basically revolutionized and established racing games as a genre, you NEED to play it. Many things about this game are so awesome. (like the in-game and menu music, you will love it)

Really great job! It must have been a pain to try and recreate every single detail in the original intro! I also tried making a recreation a while ago...but it's nowhere as good as yours!

Really great job! It must have been a pain to try and recreate every single detail in the original intro! I also tried making a recreation a while ago...but it's nowhere as good as yours!

Happy you liked it so much! And yep, was rather tedious from time to time to make it.

Last edited:
This is fantastic! Ironically, I popped GT2 into my PS3 last night just for nostalgia's sake.
You've done a masterful job sir.

Well done Alex, congrats for being on the news page!👍

Fantastic job alex. I remember the first time I watched the GT1 intro as a child I couldn't believe my eyes. Still sends shivers down my spine. Great job.

Well Done Alex. It is so close to the original thing it is amazing. Keep up the fantastic work! :bowdown: Alex-> :gtpflag:

Hope next GT will be able to let us toggle car cameras anywhere at replay so a really faithful intro recreation can be done.

Back