My F1 2011 career in 3D!

Azure Flare

Daihatsu Midget is Love. Daihatsu Midget is Life.
(Banned)
Carthage, TN
race_emhard
In this, I will record my career starting at season 2.
Recap of the first season with Williams:

Australia:
Like a normal disaster, except it was upside down.

Started 12th
Finished 18th

Malaysia:
I thought stating the race on primes might get me an edge, and it sort of did. With 3 laps to go, Alonso got round me for the lead. Last lap, Sebastian Vettel decided to get in my way and the stewards gave me a BS 20 second time penalty.

Started: 11th
Finished: 8th (would've been 3rd if it wasn't for that stupid penalty:grumpy:)

China:
Just like Australia, except I qualified better. I deliberatly crash just to end it

Started 6th
Finished 24th

Turkey:
Went smoothly in practice and qualifying, I thought I could turn around the race in China with a podium, I couldn't quite do it due to my own mistakes but I still did good.

Started 4th
Finished 3rd

Spain:
MY FIRST POLE!!! Just barely edged Vettel for it.
But then it rained for the race, I would've won if it wasn't for that meddling Jenson Button and his epic wet weather driving ability.

Started 1st
Finished 2nd

Monaco:
Holy crap, its crazy to drive this track in this game Despite that I got pole:D I lead the entire race until I ended up in the wall about halfway in the race.

Started 1st
Finished 24th

Canada:
In this, the first practice was dry and rained part of the second. Session 3 and qualifying was wetter than being under water. There wasn't a cloud in the sky for the race (which of course was the exact opposite of the actual race). In the race, I gone for that strategy that I had in Malaysia. Except this time it went better for me as I went right past Webber the hairpin before the DRS zone and I didn't look back:D First win for me and set in motion the rest of the season.

Started 9th
Finished 1st

Europe:
I want to kill this track with fire!!!!

Started 24th
Finished 24th

Britain:
I wouldn't really mind the track makeover if the first corner was Copse like it has been for over 60 ****ing years!! Despite that, I had a good practice and qualification. For the race, I quicky moved to the front and stayed there pretty much the whole race. On the last lap coming out of Stowe, Button got round me and I couldn't get him to the finish.

Started 1st
Finished 2nd

Germany:
Turns out that while Fernando may be faster than Felipe, he however is not faster than me:D The race was kind of boring for me except on the last lap, Webber got in front of me, I decided he should be behind me, I passed him in the DRS zone. I guess some people just don't learn:lol:

Started 1st
Finished 1st

Hungary:
Got 'em all in the first corner and stayed there the whole race with Vettel in tow.

Started 3rd
Finished 1st

Belguim:
The only track on the calender that has a weather system that defies all logic and it screwed me over when it came time for qualifying. Fully utilizing the DRS and overtaking, I managed 5th with my newly appointed rival Fernando Alonso winning it.

Started 24th
Finished 5th

Italy:
Aw yes, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, the home of the Italian GP, the spiritual home of the Tifosi and Scuderia Ferrari, the most decorated team in all of motorsport and none of that mattered to me because I drive for Williams not Ferrari. Once again a smooth (and fast) pratice and qualifying with me on pole with Hamilton in 2nd and Alonso in 3rd. I had the entire race under control until coming of The Lesmos on the last lap while fighting with Button for the lead, my fuel was running out and I couldn't afford to dial it back, that was a ****-up and a half, as the car started sputtering on the approach to Ascari, with me finally running out of go-juice coming out Parabolica to cross the line in 5th. After the race, I was discovered that my radio broke so Andy couldn't tell me to dial it back to save fuel.

Started 1st
Finished 5th

Singapore:
Europe with more rain.

Started 24th
Finished 24th

South Korea:
Fastest in all 3 practice sessions, pole, and the race.

Started 1
st
Finished 1st

India:
See South Korea.

Started 1st
Finished 1st

Japan:
See South Korea (again).

Started 1st
Finished 1st

UAE:
See South Korea one last time, except this time, I got the point lead with 240 and Alonso with 238 and the showdown of the decade would go down in Brazil.

Started 1st
Finished 1st

Brazil:
My goal for this race was to beat Fernando Alonso, and dammit that's what I was gonna do! I lead for the start (with a Ferrari 150 Italia with a Spaniard driving it glued to my diffuser) and when pitstops came, I got edged out by Ferrari's pit crew, I then proceded to take back the position on the first corner out of the pits. Last and greatest lap of any race I ever had, Alonso, Button and I came across the line within .3 of each other, I lost them in the first corner. Then coming out of the last corner, I approached lapped traffic, so I got to open my wing and so did Alonso. I didn't think I have to use my KERS, Alonso did and just before the finish I unloaded my KERS, we crossed the line with my front wing ahead of his, I became World Champion and Fernando Alonso proceeded to replace the agony of defeat with alcohol (probably).

Started 1st
Finished 1st (barely)

For season 2, I decided not to return to Williams in favor of Ferrari in hopes of winning the Constuctor's title.

Last edited:
Awesome mate, I love these Career Stories, they're simply brilliant! I can't wait to see what happens when you smash Fernando. :D

Nice summary and congraguations on the championship. Out of curiosty, what distance were you on?

jcm
Nice summary and congraguations on the championship. Out of curiosty, what distance were you on?

It would be nice to know the system (PS3, Xbox, PC), distance, aids, AI level, etc...
Im starting a career soon and I would like to if the game is too easy, dificult or just right ;)

jcm

It would be nice to know the system (PS3, Xbox, PC), distance, aids, AI level, etc...
Im starting a career soon and I would like to if the game is too easy, dificult or just right ;)

Playing on PS3, all aids off (excpet TC and ABS, I can't modulate the brakes like I can do in IRL).
For the first season, I did it on 20% distance, for season 2, I'm going up to 50%. Difficulty was at Proffesional, but I'm upping it to Legendary. What else?

Last edited:
Australia

The start of a new season with Ferrari, hoping to defend my title and win the Constructors title. Hopefully at the end of the season, I'll have a contract for Red Bull. Anyway, time for the Australian GP.

For practice 1, I tried to improve on previous results. Already new parts had gone on Fernando's car, looks like the Scuderia wants to screw me over at the beginning of the season, rather than wait. Despite that, with a 1:27.971, Its the best I could do. Practice 2, I managed a 1:25.983. Still not a great time, but better than I have been doing. I decided no to run in session 3.

Time for qualifying, I had taken no chances and put on options and set to work, but I could only manage a 1:25.402. It's not enough to get out of Q1.

At the start of the race, I pushed and shoved my way into 3rd on the first lap, things are going better than expected. Lap after lap, Alonso keeps setting fast lap while Schumacher pulls away from me. On lap 7, I make my first stop and come out ahead of Webber. At the end of the pit stop rotation, Alonso is miles ahead of me, Schumacher is waaay ahead of me, and Webber is breathing down my neck. Lap 11, Webber passes me, I do the same to him. Lap 14, the Stewards (who are very well recreated in this game) have given me a drive-thru for causing a collision that wasn't actually my fault, I fall down to 10th. On lap 16, the Stewards clearly hate me, because I got not 1, not 3, but 2 drive-thrus for "corner cutting" WTF!!!! It's now time for a long over-due stop (take a guess why) and because I am now a lap down, I decide to go for options. 1 last stop, for options on lap 26. And after a race that could be described using words like "bad", "****" and "dismal", I finish 17th. It's a shame, because I do like the track, but I just can't can't get a decent result in this race.

Started 18th
Finished 17th

I'll have Malaysia up in a few days.

Last edited:
Malaysia

First thing I do when its a Grand Prix weekend is I check the weather and would you believe the forecast was rain for practice and the race? Who would have thought it would rain in Malaysia during monsoon season:dopey: Of course whether the conditions be rain, shine, fire, sent to the moon, I still have a job to do. For practice 1, Andy said they were going to run performance tests, I go out in conditions that is best suited for a boat to beat 1:49.834. I sailed my way to posting a 1:42.207. Still early in the session, some cars had gone out to do installation laps, so I decided to wait until some laps are put on the board. 30 mins into the session, Rosberg and Schumacher both go out on Inters and set a time that equals my time on wets. With 55 mins left, I went out on inters to post a 1:40.843, not quite enough to beat Schumacher though. 15 minutes later, some times on options start appearing, I will wait to see what I can do. With 10 minutes left, I decide its the best time to go out again and set a time on options On my last lap, I post a 1:31.875, 1.045 faster than Button. For practice 2, the time to beat was 1:37.003, I set 1 lap on primes in 1:32.529 and went back in. For the last practice, I had to beat 1:36.231, I wanted to do a qualifying run and set a 1:30.720, fastest of all by 2.250

Nothing real fancy for Q1 or Q2, but Q3 is no place to mess about. After nearly running out of fuel, I post 1:30.925, just .063 off Rosberg's pole lap and Schumacher got 2nd by the hairs on his chiny-chin-chin. Hopefully I can capitalize on that performance and get a bit higher on the podium (somewhere in the middle of it would be nice).

At the start of the race, I got sandwiched between the 2 Germans, but lost them coming out of the first corner. On the 3rd lap, I made a Vettel in Canada like mistake and Rosberg gets round me, I get right past him before the DRS zone (I tend to do that a lot). Lap 7 is my first stop for primes and I come out behind Hamilton. After 5 laps of pursuit, I finally run down and pass Rosberg to retake the lead. A lap later, Rosberg has a problem (presumably a puncture) and drops way back to 11th. Webber is now in 2nd place, but 10 seconds behind me, If nothing goes wrong for me, I've got this wrapped up:D Last stop on 20, I could be on the way to my first victory of the season.... Then Andy tells me that the rain will come before the race ends, crap. Lap 23 is when the skies open up, the team think that I can stay out, I'm not sure about it as it gets really slick on track, and Button is now behind me and closing. On the second to last lap, Both Button and Webber pit for Inters, good thing I didn't pit.

Actually it didn't go to plan as I spin off and Button and Webber re-pass me, putting me in 3rd. COME AT ME CHINA!

Started 3rd
Finished 3rd

Great read, i also have trouble with Melbourne, i love the track, and i think i'm going really quick, but it turns out to be sub par.

China

Rain is in the forecast. Practice1, the team gives me a time of 1:35.219, I set a 1:34.902., I am not great at this track either. Practice 2, 1:34.375 to beat, on options I set 1:33.500. Practice 3, I decide to do a qualifying run, I set 1:32.799 with 1:33.279 to beat.

Nothing for Q1 or Q2 to report. Q3 came the rain, but not at first, I go out to set 1:33.250 while Button had set 1:32.028. Hopefully, I can do better in the race.

At the start, I got 2nd coming out of the 2nd corner and passed Button in the 3rd. I come in on lap 6 to get off the options that I have destroyed. After all stops, I'm 4th and slowing falling into the clutches of Mark Webber. After my last stop, Alonso leads, both McLarens are behind him, and Webber is just behind me. On the last, A loss of concentration leads to me going waaaay wide and dropping to 7th. Even though, Ferrari finishes 1st and 7th, I still feel like I let the team, my crew and myself down. Maybe I can turn things around in Turkey.

Started 10th
Finished 7th

Turkey

The first race in Europe saw a new front wing go on the car. Weather forecast was 88% in practice 1, and 76% in practice 2 with noone for the rest of the weekend.

Since the rain was coming, I decided to set out to beat 1:28.076, I set 1:26.289. Its only gets me 4th, on primes with the 3 cars ahead on options. It was raining for practice 2, so wets go on the car to beat 1:36.911, this could be interesting. [COLOR="GoldenRod"After[/COLOR] an interesting run I set 1:35.204 [COLOR="GoldenRod"]I[/COLOR] decided not to run anymore, it dried out at the end of the session, so I was dead last at the end. Practice 3 is usually when i go all-out, I had to beat 1:26.556, I produce a 1:24.341, a paltry .979 over Hamilton, hopefully I can replicate it in Q3.

At the start of qualy, another new part comes in and I receive another 5% increase in front downforce, nice. As nothing really goes on in Q1 or Q2, I'm not even inclined to write anything about it. However Q3 is when it always when it can get intense, and sadly, it didn't. The only interesting that happened was that with 1:23.493 (a massive 1.117 over Button), I got my first pole of the season!

At the end of the first lap, I have managed to pull out a Vettel-esque 3 seconds over the opposition, lets see if I can keep this up! As I was coming in for my first stop, I see McLaren running out to pit one of their cars. Nothing happened over my second stint, though I have built up 6 seconds over Rosberg. Final pitstop strategy meant I was on primes, with Rosberg coming in several laps later for options, he could potentially catch me before the race ends (that doesn't mean he will pass me though:D). On lap 28, the unthinkable happened, I punctured my left rear, I HAD THIS!!!! I ****ING HAD THIS!!!!!!!! After a ****-load of swearing, I come in and some old primes are put on the car and I head back out for the last lap.

Even though that "it" happened, it still was my best race this season. Hopefully, nothing will go wrong in Spain.

Started 1st
Finished 18th:mad:

Last edited:
Spain​

I've always liked Circuit de Catalunya, whenever I like the track I tend to do well there.

For the first time this season, no performance test were being done, but I still want to see how I stack against my fellow competitors. Using a race set-up (primes and mix 2) I set 1:20.815, not a bad time.

As always, Q1 and Q2 are just warm ups for me. Q3 is when the gloves come off and I crank it up to MAXIMUM POWAH!!!1! The result MAXIMUM POWAH had produced 1:18.425, 2 poles in a row!

At the start, I completely lost the other cars (mind you I don't use KERS off the line). But by the end of the 4th lap, I was being stalked by Senna and Prost Hamilton and Button*. When it came time to pit, I take on primes and rejoin 9th, Alonso is now my target as he somehow weaseled his way into the lead after pitting before me. Lap 13, my KERS malfunctions, Andy tells me they are on it, 2 laps later its back. Lap 22, I slide off and end up 4th. Button and I make our last stops together, I come out just ahead of him, Fernando makes his last stop and in my mind, it could set-up to be a replay of Brazil in season 1 (with less intensity). Webber had yet to make a 3rd stop, but remember, this is the same guy who ran almost the entire 2010 Hungarian GP on 1 set of tires, so I can't underestimate that. On the very last lap, I had a puncture and I spear off and crash. I have to retire in 17th.

Started 1st
Finished 17th

* If you think about it, they are similar.

Oh man, the amount of bad luck, i feel fo you. Luckily i don't have the same problems.
And i see what you mean by Senna/Prost, Hamilton/Button.
2/5 points placings, not a good start, set-up for a thrillling end of season.

Monaco

Monaco, a principality rather than a country that held its first GP back in 1927. Back then, the cars were almost bulimic compared to today's cars (I've read that they have even grown to 7 ft. wide:eek:). Typically, the set up is MOAR DOWNFORCE!!!1! one-off front suspension bits to allow for maneuverability around the track.

Just like the previous race, no performance tests. An all-out run in Q3 netted me 1:22.931, just .123 behind Alonso.

At the end of qualy, I got 6th, which meant 5 potential crashes waiting to happen:dopey:

Something I did not expect to see at the start was Rosberg tapping and spinning Button, he didn't crash or cause a safety car, by Rosberg got a drive-thru. I got through it and took the lead. At the end of the pit stop rotation, Button had amazingly gotten in the lead, I'm 2nd keeping a steady gap to Rosberg. Lap 13, brake to late in Mirabeau and knock my front wing off, I come in and take options to compensate my pit strategy. On lap 15, the SLS safety car makes its first appearance this season and goes back in 3 laps later. On lap 20, I run into the wall at Tabac, and it somehow damages the car and I'm forced to retire.

2 retirements in a row, it can't get any worse than this.

Started 6th
Finished 22nd

Wait, you got 6th with 1:22.931? Don't get me wrong but the AI was 1.2 behind me when I got pole on Legend - yet, I crossed the line after 1.10 or so. Are you sure it's set to Legend / Professional?

Also, this is my 3000th spam meaningful reply.

Thy career shall be blessed and Ayrton shall watch upon thine race! Or so.

Wait, you got 6th with 1:22.931? Don't get me wrong but the AI was 1.2 behind me when I got pole on Legend - yet, I crossed the line after 1.10 or so. Are you sure it's set to Legend / Professional?

Perhaps a typo? 1:12.931 would make more sense. I prefer Senna to Prost, yet I prefer Button to Hamilton...

Possibly, yeah - just curious since even the Amateur AI would be faster than 1:22, I guess. :D

The difficulty is set to Legend, I just forgot to write down the time I had in qualifying. It was probably 1:13.xxx. 1:22.931 is the time I set in practice.

Canada​

The forecast is rain, good, just what I needed:grumpy: It genuinely is time to start producing good results if I want to stay alive for the championship hunt.

Performance tests were being run, I set to work trying to beat 1:18.437. The best I can do is 1:20.028. At the end of the session, the track dried and the time was lowered to 1:14.437, I manage 1:13.784. Practice 2, the rain came back. I'm better in the dry, so I waited, the time was 1:13.662, I can't replicate the previous time. There was no tests in practice 3, but it wasn't raining. The only logical thing to do was ramp it up to set 1:11.655, fastest by a country mile.

Qualifying did not go well for me as I am starting 17th.

At the end of the 2nd lap, I flew into 2nd with Alonso within my reach. on lap 5, Andy tells me that the rain will stop in 15 minutes, good, I can open a can of whoop-ass in the dry. I had to come in on lap 16 as it still isn't dry and my inters are shredded. A lap later, everyone else pits for options and I go into 2nd, still behind Alonso. On the back straight, Sutil got in my way and I get a drive thru and my front wing is destroyed. I come in for my penalty and after exiting the pits, I got to wide and I smack the wall and break the suspension, I am getting so tired if this ****.

Started 17th
Finished 21st

Last edited:
Europe​

I absolutely despise this track, but at least there is no rain in the forecast. Unfortunately, I have to use the noob line for this one.

In practice 1, I am to beat 1:39.950, I set 1:39.576. Practice 2 had 1:39.010, I did a (on options this time) 1:36.350. Practice 3 brought 1:38.069, after a qualifying run, I post 1:35.643.

Of course Q1 and Q2 are just opening acts to the real intensity that is Q3, but something really weird happened, I was the only one to set a time. It's most likely a small bug, or the AI could have conceived to my awesomeness.

After leaving them at the start, at the end of lap 1, I had a 4 sec gap over Webber. My first stop on lap 6, I put on options and change the fuel mix to save a bit, I had a feeling it will help me, I rejoined in 8th. I come in on lap 12 for another set of options, and I rejoin 6th behind Alonso.
The next lap going into turn 1, I hit Fernando and spin him, good thing Codemasters invented the flashback! On lap 18, thanks to a slower car, I got to cheat the DRS system. It didn't help me much, but every little bit helps. On my last stop (19) Button and I pit together for primes, Hamilton is too far ahead to catch, but I could still finish 2nd if it all goes well. On lap 21, I run out of luck and run into an HRT, and as I'm making my way towards the pits, I crash again. If this were real, I would have been fired a long time ago.

And another thing, before the weekend began, I changed my helmet from 07 to 03. Not that I think it will help me or anything, I just wanted to make a change.

Started 1st
Finished 24th

Britain​

The forecast was cloudy with more cloudy, kinda every other day in Britain. I feel like I can do some good in this race.

There were no performance tests, obviously a good chance to see what my times could be. In practice 1 on options, I set 1:30.726, .407 off Alonso. Practice 2 on options, I set 1:29.166, faster by .260. I then decided to save the car for qualy.

At the start of Q1, I was told Fernando got some new parts, I have another reason to do good here. With 1:27.875, I set pole and Alonso will start 2nd.

After another faster-than-hell start (a recurring theme in these races, but so is me retiring in every one of them) I pulled out 2.847 over Alonso at the end of lap 1. My first stop is scheduled on lap 6, I come in a lap early as my tires are shredded and change to primes, Rosberg follows me in and does the same. At the halfway mark, Alonso leads, then Button, Hamilton, I'm falling behind him by I'm-not-going-to-make-that-up seconds per lap, and Maldonando is now behind me. Last stop on lap 19 for options, after exiting the pits, I get spun and drop to 14th, I could manage to get back to 10th at the end. I could have done better, at least I got to score for the first time since China and trust me, I needed it.

Started 1st
Finished 10th

When are you going to update this, or is it a dead thread. I really loved reading these and I hope you continue them.

just before the finish I unloaded my KERS, we crossed the line with my front wing ahead of his, I became World Champion and Fernando Alonso proceeded to replace the agony of defeat with alcohol (probably).

I imagine he does this just about every season...

Oh darn, I had forgotten all about this, I'll get back to it as soon as possible. I can report that after Germany, I really come alive.

According to my calculations you have 26 points after leaving Britain. It's gonna take some great racing to win the WDC

Back