My first GT4 drift mix! (Chaser)

• Thread starter chilicoke
  • 29 comments
I really like it :)

You have build it up nicely with a series of track shots, approaching cars, cars approaching corners, then finally some drifts.

hi chilicoke

I really like your vid. You did a good job, the music matches exactly the drifting action :) Well done 👍

Well I myself am not a drifting expert but that video has to be one of the best drifting ones I have ever seen. The music links very nicely with the video and you have done a good job on it. We do not often see many videos around here so when they do come around they are often very good, yours is no exception. Perhaps if you post this as well in the Drifting Forum (GT4) you might have more comments on the actual drifting involved. Other than that well done!

Very Impressive!

You say this is your first vid attempt?

Congratulations! :cheers: Well done!

I've seen quite a few drift videos and for a first that was ace!
The way you've edited your build-up fits perfectly with the official GT4 intro music.
Using more than one car, with all the different angles works well.
Couldn't give you any advice because drifting and vids is something I haven't tried to do yet.

Re-post your vid on the proper thread and the guys in there might be able to advise you on how to make it better, if possible!

GTP Drift Forum

10 out of 10 from me! 👍

I'm glad you guys liked it and thanks for the nice comments!👍

JJ74...GT.King:
Yes this is my first real attempt at video editing, and man it took a long time, previously I have only done basic editing of combining different camera angle with bumper-view engine sound (at the end of the thread). I actually started this video almost half a year ago, messed with it for a few days and it remained forgotten until yesterday. I challenged myself to only use my own recordings from GT4, the music was actually recorded off my PS2 as well :dunce:. I wanted an intro-quality video so finding the right camera angle was challenging (even with the camera freeze trick) and time consuming, I had total of around 1 hour of playback recorded for this video.

LGforce:
I used Adobe Premiere, I'm just slowly learning how to use it, it is extremely complicated but I like challenges :crazy:

Few problem I'm having:
-Premiere always treat my imported widescreen .mpg as full screen video, outputing in 16:9 in the encoder only adds black bars on both side and the video is still in the wrong ratio, anyway to overcome this?
-Premiere seems to only re-encode any edited .mpg and introduces some compression artifacts, I know programs such as "Mpeg Video Wizard" can edit .mpg without re-encoding, can Premiere do something similar?

Here's the video I was talking about, there was no music so it was much easier. I followed my own ghost and dub the bumper-view engine sound over to get the "chase car view."

thanks again!

Chillichoke, I have to say: "You've truefully amazed me with your Drift video...(with a big D, indeed!)"

the music is just perfect, you've managed to keep me interested from the beginning till the end. That's quite amazing, I've seen so many Dvids before, even more because it's your first.:)👍

You've earnt the rep+ point fo'shure!

I am longing to see more,

so keep it up.:D

that was incredible chilicoke!:) . The intro music and the drift music totally fits well with the car... good stuff!

i havent watched it yet because im suppose to be doing homework, but all these comments are keeping me in great suspense..

Oh my God~! It's the best freakin' drift video i've ever seen in my life...!

You're the first to take SO much time into making a high quality video. Although someof your dirfts can be improved even more, your film editing is simply spectacular. The beggining, wha puzzles me is how you got those camers moving without the car in it. That part where all the cars stopped on the line, i think you should've left your car brake smoother, as well use the wheel cam instead, like the intro of the game. Don't take my criticizism as offensive stuff at all, I think you pursue a future career as filming and media editing stuff. You've got potential, jsut that beginning part before the rolling Lexus, is already enoguh to tell me that you take GREAT passion into filming.

Good Work :) This is just too outstanding to ignore.

15 out of 10, 10 for meeting all criteria, 2 for such great effort, 3 for exceeding the average drift vid's quality of work and editing.

Good video, great editing. but you need to mix up the types of cars sometimes. Though the Chaser is a good car but a mixture of cars is very good. The Drifts are ok, the control and speeds are good. You have spent some time on creating this video.

Good video, great editing. but you need to mix up the types of cars sometimesQUOTE]

Now that i think about it, why is it a "drift mix"? it wasnt a mix of songs wasnt a mix of cars...:dunce:

Thank you guys for the nice comments! it really means a lot!

a Trico Pro:
I really appreciate your feedback! there is definitely room for improvements (both my video and my drifts).
Your suggestion on different angles are great, I actually had similar thoughts after watching it a few time after completion, but the amount of time required to do whole new recording + finding the right camera angle with the DVD tray trick is just too time consuming (maybe next time). On top of that, driving laps around the track at 3MPH (and keeping it at 3MPH) is incredibly boring and frustrating.:crazy:

Good video, great editing. but you need to mix up the types of cars sometimes. Though the Chaser is a good car but a mixture of cars is very good. The Drifts are ok, the control and speeds are good. You have spent some time on creating this video.
My original plan was to have/use different cars, which is why the Lexus IS and Toyota AE86 are both in the intro/opening, but because the project was forgotten halfway through and the unexpected difficulty I encountered with recording (listed above), I decided to stick with just the Chaser with this video.
However I definitely want to re-do the intro when I have a chance, to replace both IS and AE86 with Chasers, to reflect the rest of the video.

My next video will definitely have more variety of cars

Now that i think about it, why is it a "drift mix"? it wasnt a mix of songs wasnt a mix of cars...:dunce:
its a "mix" of my different drift scenes to match the music:D, maybe..lol

if you didnt have the time to put in the Trueno and IS200, the i tihnk you should've did the chaser only and not put the other 2 cars in the vid at all. In fact, now that i think of it a bit more i think you shuold've instead doing rolling cars, view your chaser making drifts at dynamic angles but at slow motion. If you liked the idea of what makers of gt4 did, maybe duringthis point of the car's roling have some intentional drift screw-ups, (like how they put in cars sliding out of control and crashing), and maybe you could've put one screwup in the vid somewhere where the electric guitar played by itself, the part before the rapid random pics of the cars flashing (like how gt's intro had cars crashing and sliding out at that point).

When i first watched your vid, at the point where the choir gets to a high pitch,or when the GT40 in gt4 intro, (is unveiled to the public shown as white light), that was when your last in car view of deep forest was, I thought a car was going to drift outta that right corner at slow motion, if that hapened that would've been astonishing but there is no existing camera liek that so i guess you cant.

Man tihs vid inspired me to really do a vid, i'll be doing some soon next year in Media Arts Class :)

CMD! OMG! I know you're having mad internet issues but it's really good to see you posting!

Damn, that was a good video. Loved the intro, the car, the drifts, the music, the editing.. Everything. You're a true master on this.

Can't wait to see another video.

Back