My GT formula is wedged in the tire barrier

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vipereater
  • 37 comments
  • 2,450 views
Messages
91
Messages
Vipereater
5 1/2 hours into the Suzuka 1000km endurance race my GT formula has become wedged into the tire barrier at the last chicane...only 10 more minutes to complete the race and 39 laps ahead of closest competition. Is there any way out so I can salvage the race and my time?
 
You're the one holding the pad mate.. You've got 38 and a bit laps to figure it out :)
 
You're the one holding the pad mate.. You've got 38 and a bit laps to figure it out :)

I'm now 16 laps ahead and the car is not coming out....it's not possible. It's there to die a slow death. There is no way out.
 
Isn't there a reset car option when you pause?
 
No, thats reset the race, and it looks like OP is going to be doing that soon :lol:

I got to admit that's pretty funny. :lol: (But not for the OP)
 
Doesn´t the car reset if you press select?
 
Doesn´t the car reset if you press select?

Nope, that's only in arcade style racers. Most have select as switch view, including GT5.
 
serious folks. My car is wedged and it is not possible to get it out....and almost out of fuel trying.

EDITED: and yes I am currently paused waiting for a resolution.
 
Oh well if you can't get it out you have to restart, stay away from the tyre wall next time.
 
Are you Aspec or Bspec on this race? (I haven't gotten that far yet.) I have had a similar problem on that track with my R8 but after some banging back and forth got it out. Don't know if your car is longer or not.
 
Are you Aspec or Bspec on this race? (I haven't gotten that far yet.) I have had a similar problem on that track with my R8 but after some banging back and forth got it out. Don't know if your car is longer or not.

a-spec. I've been banging for 15 minutes and it's wedged tight. The front and rear spoilers are caught up in the tire barriers and my rear tires spin in place.
Consider that it is also it is raining and the tires are spinning on the wet.
 
a-spec. I've been banging for 15 minutes and it's wedged tight. The front and rear spoilers are caught up in the tire barriers and my rear tires spin in place.

That sucks. Unless someone veers off the road and t-bones you I think you might be SOL. Sorry...
 
serious folks. My car is wedged and it is not possible to get it out....and almost out of fuel trying.

EDITED: and yes I am currently paused waiting for a resolution.
:lol:

..sorry.
 
Do you have damage on? Probably not enough room to smash in your spoilers, though...
 
Auto or Manual gearbox?
Have you tried going back and forth between reverse and 1st gear to try and rock it back and forth?
 
Auto or Manual gearbox?
Have you tried going back and forth between reverse and 1st gear to try and rock it back and forth?

auto
yes, forward backwards, turn front wheels, full throttle......everything
It appears my front and rear spoilers are lodged in the tire barriers.

EDITED: there is zero car movement. only spin in place.
 
Triangle is reverse
 
Oh wait that won't help. Maybe use the hand brake and gas and try to spin out or force your car into the wall long enough that the fenders crumple in and you can move
 
Or pray for ran and hope a car slides into you. The game resets you if you flip, wonder why you can't here. Check your options maybe
 
Or pray for ran and hope a car slides into you. The game resets you if you flip, wonder why you can't here. Check your options maybe

It is raining... the OP mentioned that.
 
auto
yes, forward backwards, turn front wheels, full throttle......everything
It appears my front and rear spoilers are lodged in the tire barriers.

EDITED: there is zero car movement. only spin in place.

Please take a photo and post it up for the lulz.
 
Oh wait that won't help. Maybe use the hand brake and gas and try to spin out or force your car into the wall long enough that the fenders crumple in and you can move

hand brake as in ebrake?....or something different?
 
If it was me, what I would do is put it in reverse and turn the wheel back and forth, maybe the sideways movement will help loosen it.

And you can bet the farm I'm going to be trying that once this endurance race is done :D
 
Is this strange or what? In all my searches I cannot find that a car has become wedged and rendered useless.
 
If it was me, what I would do is put it in reverse and turn the wheel back and forth, maybe the sideways movement will help loosen it.

And you can bet the farm I'm going to be trying that once this endurance race is done :D

My GT wheel has no resistance. Almost like the car is off the ground....though I am on the wet (in the rain).
 
It happens mate.. Just a good 'ol collision error.
Damn shame it happened so late in the race, I'd be unbelievably pissed off right now if it was me.

My avatar is chilled compared to how I'd be :lol:
 
It happens mate.. Just a good 'ol collision error.
Damn shame it happened so late in the race, I'd be unbelievably pissed off right now if it was me.

My avatar is chilled compared to how I'd be :lol:

I'm not pissed....just love to race and glad to do it all over again.

EDITED: race....not get wedged. lol
 
Back