My Humble Opinion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Divinus
  • 35 comments
  • 2,056 views
Messages
389
Portugal
Portugal
Hi everyone,

I play GT since the first one and joined GTPlanet when GT5 came out. I liked it here. I then stop playing for some time (1y +), and restarted when GT6 came out, so I also restarted my visits to GTPlanet.

However I noticed some things were different. Although the interesting discussions, the "helping each other out", the good humour of the community remained, the "x is broken/impossible" threads clearly increased. That made me really sad.

Yes you can gold GW 5-3 with DS3. No, MR cars aren't broken. No, Stratus isn't broken. Yes, you can win 125cc shifter with DS3, etc...

The thing is: if I can't drive a car then the problem is either with me or with the car/game. People that make these threads assume allways it's the latter and I don't understand why. I think it's somewhat arrogant. If I am really having difficulties with a car/race I will 1st ask for help on how to do it. I will not, instead, start ranting about how the thing is broken. It's like: "I can't drive it so it's broken" kind of thinking. Of course in some cases the problem could rely on the car/game but that could only be concluded with the reports of various players and a nice discussion about it, not solely on my 3 laps around a track allways spining.

Also another thing that confuses me is how the hell people know a certain car shouldn't behave in a certain way? The answer is easy if the car is accessible IRL, but if the car is some sort of rarity, then how to answer this? "F40 is broken" how the well should people know? Even if some people in here drove it I will bet my two cents they didn't push it to the limits. So there is allways a chance that car/game got it right ("got it right" taking into consideration limitations of the game) and the problem rely on the driver. The opposite could also be true. So the behavior should be 1st ask for help on how to do it. If the thing is really broken then that conclusion will be a result of the answers/discussion of that question.


Sorry if this isn't the correct place but i really needed to get this out of my chest. Feel free to post here how you feel, or to sugest ways to change this arrogant behavior.
 
Hi everyone,

I play GT since the first one and joined GTPlanet when GT5 came out. I liked it here. I then stop playing for some time (1y +), and restarted when GT6 came out, so I also restarted my visits to GTPlanet.

However I noticed some things were different. Although the interesting discussions, the "helping each other out", the good humour of the community remained, the "x is broken/impossible" threads clearly increased. That made me really sad.

Yes you can gold GW 5-3 with DS3. No, MR cars aren't broken. No, Stratus isn't broken. Yes, you can win 125cc shifter with DS3, etc...

The thing is: if I can't drive a car then the problem is either with me or with the car/game. People that make these threads assume allways it's the latter and I don't understand why. I think it's somewhat arrogant. If I am really having difficulties with a car/race I will 1st ask for help on how to do it. I will not, instead, start ranting about how the thing is broken. It's like: "I can't drive it so it's broken" kind of thinking. Of course in some cases the problem could rely on the car/game but that could only be concluded with the reports of various players and a nice discussion about it, not solely on my 3 laps around a track allways spining.

Also another thing that confuses me is how the hell people know a certain car shouldn't behave in a certain way? The answer is easy if the car is accessible IRL, but if the car is some sort of rarity, then how to answer this? "F40 is broken" how the well should people know? Even if some people in here drove it I will bet my two cents they didn't push it to the limits. So there is allways a chance that car/game got it right ("got it right" taking into consideration limitations of the game) and the problem rely on the driver. The opposite could also be true. So the behavior should be 1st ask for help on how to do it. If the thing is really broken then that conclusion will be a result of the answers/discussion of that question.


Sorry if this isn't the correct place but i really needed to get this out of my chest. Feel free to post here how you feel, or to sugest ways to change this arrogant behavior.
You read my mind.
 
Amen!!!!

You are so right. I think half the replies are from people who don't even drive cars yet.
I do have Racing, Rally and Drifting experience in real life. Only thing I can say is that the cars ingame behave quite like the ones I drove myself.

But like you said yourself, how should I know how a 600 bhp car behaves on the limit?!?! We all would probably kill outselves within the first lap in those cars in real life.....
And another thing, how the hell would you control those cars in real life with a controller??? Almost impossible I think....
If you want to talk about realism, start by playing the game with a wheel. I don't see F1 drivers, or any other driver holding a controller while driving...

I just finished an hour driving the KTM X Bow around the Nordschleife. Never drove one in real life, but the nasty oversteer I encounter during turn in without being on the power... Wow. Scares the hell out of you. A little like real life racing I guess...

This game is far from perfect, but with the new physics engine it is again a step forward.
Looking forward to Gran Turismo 9 on the Playstation 6!!!
 
I agree with the OP that there is a great deal of "whining" and there is not that much "cheese" to go around. Yes, some of the cars are a bit difficult to get a handle on but with some tuning and practice they can become manageable......
 
If the Motor Sport Elise 99 drives like that in real life i'll put some salt & pepper on my PS3 and eat it!
I think maybe the problem is the way you drive and not the car.
Just went over and bought the car. Installed LSD and race brakes, ECU and cat converter to make it 500pp. Put brake bias to 4/2, changed LSD brake sensitivity to 40, did not touch ballast, and drove what is now probably my 3rd favorite car in the game after the 2j and the 111r elise.
 
Unfortunately it's against human's default programming to admit they are wrong or incapable of something, especially from the anonymity of the Internet. Go to any web forum for any subject and you'll see more of the same. Seems to be getting worse every year.
 
I agree. I use DS3 but I haven't really had any of the problems some have.

Like these: Gold GW 5-3 with DS3. MR cars broken. Stratos broken. Can't win 125cc shifter with DS3, etc...

  • I golded the GW 5-3 with DS3 in 10 mins after getting used to it since it drives differently from GT5.
  • MR, no problemas there. Yes, they tend to understeer, but that just mean that you have to drive them differently compared to FF, FR, 4WD etc. Also, adjusting the settings helps.
  • Stratot is stratos. It was designed for rally and taking those corners quickly. Not every car is the same.
  • 125cc shifter? Only problem I had with them was that I don't like Brands hatch. Other than that, it was a nice challenge.
 
If the Motor Sport Elise 99 drives like that in real life i'll put some salt & pepper on my PS3 and eat it!

You just need to tune it up a little more and possibly be more gentle with it.

I have realized that the GT6 MR cars need the gentle touch, you simply cannot be as aggressive with them as you could in GT5.

When you get used to this you will see that they handle exactly how they are supposed to.
 
You just need to tune it up a little more and possibly be more gentle with it.

I have realized that the GT6 MR cars need the gentle touch, you simply cannot be as aggressive with them as you could in GT5.

When you get used to this you will see that they handle exactly how they are supposed to.

I know they can be tuned and i have done it but thats not the point.
Why are we having to fix cars to make them behave like they should.
Isn't that PDs job?
 
You just need to tune it up a little more and possibly be more gentle with it.
You don't have to be very gente with the motor sport elise.

I know they can be tuned and i have done it but thats not the point.
Why are we having to fix cars to make them behave like they should.
Isn't that PDs job?
How do you know what it SHOULD FEEL like? For all you know the car behaves exactly as it should according to the person who designed it.
It's a racing car, is it not? Are they not tuned on a race to race basis and to the driver's liking?
You're only changing brake/LSD settings, you're not re-engineering the car. These are small things you could do to any street car out there if you wanted.
 
What you think a car should do (based on having never even touched one) and what it actually does are two entirely different things.

There are few people who play this game who would have the cajones to pin the throttle on a 458 or Audi R8 or any of these other "broken cars" with TCS off, it's terrifying IRL and you'll probably spin out if you don't know what you're doing.

Scratch that: you'll DEFINATELY spin out and die, unless you're a pro.

Just because you feel fine pushing the fast button to the max while sitting in your couch, doesn't mean that car is "broken", you'd spin off and die in real life too.
 
Hi everyone,

I play GT since the first one and joined GTPlanet when GT5 came out. I liked it here. I then stop playing for some time (1y +), and restarted when GT6 came out, so I also restarted my visits to GTPlanet.

However I noticed some things were different. Although the interesting discussions, the "helping each other out", the good humour of the community remained, the "x is broken/impossible" threads clearly increased. That made me really sad.

Yes you can gold GW 5-3 with DS3. No, MR cars aren't broken. No, Stratus isn't broken. Yes, you can win 125cc shifter with DS3, etc...

The thing is: if I can't drive a car then the problem is either with me or with the car/game. People that make these threads assume allways it's the latter and I don't understand why. I think it's somewhat arrogant. If I am really having difficulties with a car/race I will 1st ask for help on how to do it. I will not, instead, start ranting about how the thing is broken. It's like: "I can't drive it so it's broken" kind of thinking. Of course in some cases the problem could rely on the car/game but that could only be concluded with the reports of various players and a nice discussion about it, not solely on my 3 laps around a track allways spining.

Also another thing that confuses me is how the hell people know a certain car shouldn't behave in a certain way? The answer is easy if the car is accessible IRL, but if the car is some sort of rarity, then how to answer this? "F40 is broken" how the well should people know? Even if some people in here drove it I will bet my two cents they didn't push it to the limits. So there is allways a chance that car/game got it right ("got it right" taking into consideration limitations of the game) and the problem rely on the driver. The opposite could also be true. So the behavior should be 1st ask for help on how to do it. If the thing is really broken then that conclusion will be a result of the answers/discussion of that question.


Sorry if this isn't the correct place but i really needed to get this out of my chest. Feel free to post here how you feel, or to sugest ways to change this arrogant behavior.

Out of all the humble opinion threads, this one... did not make me want to carve my eyes out with a rusty spoon. It is actually very sensible.

I also use a DS3, so I was aware of people complaining about something being impossible or broken. I read that it is always the car's fault for not behaving the way that people may be used to, it had apparently had nothing to do with not driving it correctly. I am pretty certain that 90% of people in this community have not driven a Stratos, and then to criticize it for not being perfectly smooth.
 
I know they can be tuned and i have done it but thats not the point.
Why are we having to fix cars to make them behave like they should.
Isn't that PDs job?
I think that the problem some experience with cars, is the nature of the stock settings - they are pretty much all set to a common denominator which won't suit some as well as it will for others.

I tend to put a full LSD on every car that is likely to give any problems and I'll often go for a full suspension too.

EDIT: nice OP by the way.
 
Threads complaining about duplicate cars, PD being lazy, MR cars being broken, license tests being impossible and Forza being better should probably just be ignored since it are just noobs being noobs.
 
Technically, no cars are necessarily broken in terms of handling. (There are broken cars in terms of speed though but that's different.) Just bad cars really.

There are some truly awful cars to drive, in that they are uncontrollable, either because they don't do what you want or because they do too much for you to handle. So therefore you have to find a way to make it work, which can go way outside of your normal driving style.

I don't think MR cars are 'broken' - doing as they are balanced to do in real life is what they do, so saying that's broken is ridiculous. But I don't support the people who scream "Well you're just a **** driver then!" Because what should be done is to merely adapt to the driving style the car asks, for as long as you drive it. Not shouting that it's broken, or at others to just become a better driver overall.
 
Days best read, glad Im not the only one here lol =)
 
I would like to thank you all. It is really nice knowing I am not the only one. It is people like you that make me want to be part of this community. Feel free to add me on PSN.
 
Actually, when these people say "xyz car is broken", don't they actually mean it's just not a good car? The world is filled with good and bad cars, so why does every car on GT have to be the best? I have driven every supposed problem car, and every one I have been fine with. They may not be the fastest and most planted cars ever, but it does not mean they are broken or glitched in any way.
 
Thank you! I kept hearing about how the 458 was broken too so I went out and bought one. It's fantastic. It's not as easy to drive as it was in GT5, but it's way more fun. You get a lot more feedback. People sometimes...
 
Actually, when these people say "xyz car is broken", don't they actually mean it's just not a good car? The world is filled with good and bad cars, so why does every car on GT have to be the best? I have driven every supposed problem car, and every one I have been fine with. They may not be the fastest and most planted cars ever, but it does not mean they are broken or glitched in any way.
The 458 is perfectly fine, the Audi R8 is questionable but the Motor Sport Elise 99 is something else, its as if the rear wheels have massive toe in/out, turning the wheel even slightly is met with a dragging, screeching sound and then it will whip round like its rear wheel steering.

There is nothing wrong with my ability i can assure you, Stratos, Yellowbird, Cobra on comfort tyres - Love em.

With the AI cars literally coming off the ground at the rear i'd say its a bit of a coincidence and am positive something isn't calculated correctly.

Its all fine and good saying to people, "How do you know its not like that in real life?"

Well, how do you know it IS correct?
 
Sorry, I was talking about the people who say things about cars like the Stratos and F40. It's not that they are actually right or wrong in the way they appear in-game but some cars just may not be the best, whereas some may genuinely have glitches in the coding.
 
A rant about a rant?
Some things are more worth by being ignored me thinks... :D
 
The game is obviously broken.
 
The game is obviously broken.
Are you being sarcastic? I hope you are, otherwise I will categorise you as a grade-A troll.
 
Some people were just built for plug and play racers where the cars shoot fire out the back and make exaggerated cartoonish sounds. Where as others whom are more into it (car people), can actually modify and enhance the performance of the vehicle to better suit it for the individual need of the track like actual racing drivers. These are the people that really get the most out of GT. You don't have to have a car fully tuned to compete just enough to get the job done. That may vary depending on the competition.
 
Some people were just built for plug and play racers. Where as others whom are more into it (car people), can actually modify and enhance the performance of the vehicle to better suit it for the individual need of the track like actual racing drivers. These are the people that really get the most out of GT. You don't have to have a car fully tuned to compete just enough to get the job done. That may vary depending on the competition.

You don't even need tuning to do well but that doesn't mean the game is accurate.
 
I know they can be tuned and i have done it but thats not the point.
Why are we having to fix cars to make them behave like they should.
Isn't that PDs job?

No, the point is that everyone complaining has their own ideas on how the game should be structured, its contents and how a particular car should feel. It's presumptuous, even for the most avid of GT fans, to assume PD model the exact handling characters of each of the 1,200+ cars. If you think the ability to tune the car to behave more as it "should" is a problem, then it seems you cannot be pleased. If you want all the cars to behave exactly as you think they should right out of the box, tough. It'll never happen in this series - too many cars and a completely different business model. Some are good right from the dealership, some aren't.

That said, it is worth noting that most of these complaints are associated with two things: a lack of video evidence that represents the "incorrect" physics in action and a lack of info on the tires being used.
 
Hi everyone,

I play GT since the first one and joined GTPlanet when GT5 came out. I liked it here. I then stop playing for some time (1y +), and restarted when GT6 came out, so I also restarted my visits to GTPlanet.

However I noticed some things were different. Although the interesting discussions, the "helping each other out", the good humour of the community remained, the "x is broken/impossible" threads clearly increased. That made me really sad.

Yes you can gold GW 5-3 with DS3. No, MR cars aren't broken. No, Stratus isn't broken. Yes, you can win 125cc shifter with DS3, etc...

The thing is: if I can't drive a car then the problem is either with me or with the car/game. People that make these threads assume allways it's the latter and I don't understand why. I think it's somewhat arrogant. If I am really having difficulties with a car/race I will 1st ask for help on how to do it. I will not, instead, start ranting about how the thing is broken. It's like: "I can't drive it so it's broken" kind of thinking. Of course in some cases the problem could rely on the car/game but that could only be concluded with the reports of various players and a nice discussion about it, not solely on my 3 laps around a track allways spining.

Also another thing that confuses me is how the hell people know a certain car shouldn't behave in a certain way? The answer is easy if the car is accessible IRL, but if the car is some sort of rarity, then how to answer this? "F40 is broken" how the well should people know? Even if some people in here drove it I will bet my two cents they didn't push it to the limits. So there is allways a chance that car/game got it right ("got it right" taking into consideration limitations of the game) and the problem rely on the driver. The opposite could also be true. So the behavior should be 1st ask for help on how to do it. If the thing is really broken then that conclusion will be a result of the answers/discussion of that question.


Sorry if this isn't the correct place but i really needed to get this out of my chest. Feel free to post here how you feel, or to sugest ways to change this arrogant behavior.

One of the best posts i have read in a long time...couldnt agree more!!! 👍👍👍



Spy.
 
Back