My Humble Opinion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Divinus
  • 35 comments
  • 2,056 views
Its all fine and good saying to people, "How do you know its not like that in real life?"

Well, how do you know it IS correct?
Because PD has more data on a car they created than you, therefore the burden of proving it's broken is on you.
 
You don't even need tuning to do well but that doesn't mean the game is accurate.
That's the beauty of this game, the amount of content provides you with nearly unlimited options as to how to approach game play. I have chosen not to go the max pp route allowed per race to increase the competition. At times I am so far below the alowed pp that I find the racing absolutely amazing. I'll finish a race and purchase a part that will increase the same car that I'm driving just that much better. When I'm racing with my wheel the cars feel heavy and if I try and make a turn at 45mph I'll go off into a ditch just as I would in my real life car. Unfortunately for some this just doesn't seem to be believable. Yes we all know that there are things that can be addressed. I'm not a big fan of microtransactions but, I haven't been effected by them in this game thus far.

Having fun myself....


With my DS3 and wheel and this is only one month in. No DLC with limited updates.
 
There is nothing wrong with my ability i can assure you, Stratos, Yellowbird, Cobra on comfort tyres - Love em.

With the AI cars literally coming off the ground at the rear i'd say its a bit of a coincidence and am positive something isn't calculated correctly.

Its all fine and good saying to people, "How do you know its not like that in real life?"

Well, how do you know it IS correct?

This is pretty much what I had in mind to write when I went through this thread a minute ago so I figured I'd just copy and paste. Stratos, BTR, Yellowbird were some of my favourite cars to drive in GT5, stock and tuned. Yellowbird seems about the same in GT6 to me, the Stratos and other cars have issues. Cars doing stoppies tells me they've really tweaked the weight shift to the point where it's exaggerated and if you're familiar with how MR's work in GT, going over a rise and turning makes the back end float and I think that's what's happening with some of the worst handling MR's in GT6. Too much weight shift forward and too little weight on the back end, leaving very little lateral or longitudinal traction, a double whammy for loss of grip in the back and the rear end swinging around like a Teletubbie's butt.
 
Hi everyone,

I play GT since the first one and joined GTPlanet when GT5 came out. I liked it here. I then stop playing for some time (1y +), and restarted when GT6 came out, so I also restarted my visits to GTPlanet.

However I noticed some things were different. Although the interesting discussions, the "helping each other out", the good humour of the community remained, the "x is broken/impossible" threads clearly increased. That made me really sad.

Yes you can gold GW 5-3 with DS3. No, MR cars aren't broken. No, Stratus isn't broken. Yes, you can win 125cc shifter with DS3, etc...

The thing is: if I can't drive a car then the problem is either with me or with the car/game. People that make these threads assume allways it's the latter and I don't understand why. I think it's somewhat arrogant. If I am really having difficulties with a car/race I will 1st ask for help on how to do it. I will not, instead, start ranting about how the thing is broken. It's like: "I can't drive it so it's broken" kind of thinking. Of course in some cases the problem could rely on the car/game but that could only be concluded with the reports of various players and a nice discussion about it, not solely on my 3 laps around a track allways spining.

Also another thing that confuses me is how the hell people know a certain car shouldn't behave in a certain way? The answer is easy if the car is accessible IRL, but if the car is some sort of rarity, then how to answer this? "F40 is broken" how the well should people know? Even if some people in here drove it I will bet my two cents they didn't push it to the limits. So there is allways a chance that car/game got it right ("got it right" taking into consideration limitations of the game) and the problem rely on the driver. The opposite could also be true. So the behavior should be 1st ask for help on how to do it. If the thing is really broken then that conclusion will be a result of the answers/discussion of that question.


Sorry if this isn't the correct place but i really needed to get this out of my chest. Feel free to post here how you feel, or to sugest ways to change this arrogant behavior.
Great post. If there was only a world where people asked first before creating a troll fest and dragging @Griffith500 to solve it with physics, you would be great.
With that said, I hope the "community features" in the upcoming updates have some sort of room matches where people can get help or whatnot with set ups, driving help, or whatever they have planned.
 
The answer is simple. We didn't get what we were expecting. Its not just the cars & DS3. The foundation for the complaining was laid when PD decided to release an incomplete game and finish it in patches. Things we thought were going to be improved weren't. We think we see the road ahead and it's not where we want to go.
 
Back