My nemesis... - Le Mans 24

• Thread starter Rising9
  • 19 comments
Poland
Poland
Hello, I need your help with this sh....
I tried this race nearly 20 times and still cant beat it. I learned how to do perfect laps with my Minolta. Im going to pit stop on lap 2, 4 and 6 (at this lap ~30 litres) and... yes, this is too less... Every time when opponents go for pit Im overtaking them, but when I go, some of them overtaking me again and Im losing. Every single time, again and again - every race 1-3 cars are before me on finish.
This is bugged or sth? For me its impossible, my pit stop = getting overtaken. This is last race, i have full stars on ecery single race before. Golding Senna was easier, goddamn :(
Help me with it please

I tried this race nearly 20 times and still cant beat it. I learned how to do perfect laps with my Minolta. Im going to pit stop on lap 2, 4 and 6 (at this lap ~30 litres)

I've run the race with Minolta (and many other cars as well) so the Minolta can win the 24 minute Le Mans race. What spec's are you using for your Minolta?

I usually de-tune my cars a little so they are not running with maximum allowable horsepower which allows me to save some fuel during the first three laps. I usually use the following tire strategy:

First three laps on IM rain tires and then pit for fuel and RM tires
Laps 4 and 5 on RM tires
Laps 6 and 7 on RM tires

Good luck!
:cheers:

Last edited:
Ran this race with a 680PP Minolta and got a 59 second margin:

32944405420_ba29bb734b_k.jpg

My Minolta's a little tail happy so it could use a better tune, but its certainly fast enough to run thru the field.:)

Nice - can you tell me more about your pit stops? In which laps and how many fuel. This is my biggest problem with this race. As I say before, when I overtake opponent X Y and Z, I am overtaken by A B and C. When I overtake A B and C I am overtaken by X Y and Z - this is really frustrating!

@Rising9 -
I used my standard pit strategy for this particular race.
Started the race on IM tires and pitted at the end of lap # 3 for 70 liters of fuel and RM tires.
I was somewhat gentle with the throttle during the third lap to be sure I didn't run out of fuel.
Pitted a second time at the end of lap # 5 and took on 64 liters of fuel and RM tires
Had plenty of fuel after the first pit-stop so wasn't gentle any more with the throttle and finished with more fuel in the tank than was absolutely necessary.

Hmmm... it doesn't look like I have the optimum ballast settings:

33286281946_2213bed845_k.jpg

Thank you, tomorrow I'll try this race with your settings, but I need to ask you a question - how you can drive 3 laps on 1 fuel tank? When I tried to do it, fuel ends in third minute of third lap and Minolta started to go 70 km/h :(

How you can drive 3 laps on 1 fuel tank?

I'm intentionally being gentle with the Minolta's throttle during the first three laps, and I'm not running the Minolta with the maximum allowable (per the race regulations) horsepower.

@Rising9 -
I decided to try @coryclifford 's suggestion of RS tires, so I went back to La Sarthe and ran my Minolta again and improved my time by nearly 28 seconds:):

33184876212_9c45f4a93f_k.jpg

I was able to stretch my margin over the second place Minolta Toyota to 1 min. and 24 seconds:

32497407414_02da85cab3_k.jpg

I ran the first three laps with IM tires and was gentle with the throttle and did some short-shifting so the fuel would last three laps. I then pitted at the end of lap # 3 for RS tires and 67 liters of fuel. I then ran hard for two laps and then pitted at the end of lap # 5 for 62 liters of fuel and RS tires again. The RS tires easily last the two laps so you can gain some decent time and push harder thru the corners.

Thank you GTsail! I finally beat it! Your strategy with less power gave me similar result to my previous attempts, but I won it by luck today - fuel ends at second corner before finish and I've won by 0.6 sec. Im full respect to your +1.24 lead, bro!
And as the reward for beating career, I bought myself Ferrari FXX as a reward :D

I finally beat it! Your strategy with less power gave me similar result to my previous attempts, but I won it by luck today - fuel ends at second corner before finish and I've won by 0.6 sec.

Well done!!👍

Now that you've won with the Minolta, you can try some other cars.
What other cars do you have?

Even non-race cars can win at La Sarthe.
I'm partial to the Cadillac CIEN:)
Check out my race reports from last year in the Le Mans thread (from post # 101 to post # 116):

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-24-minutes-of-le-mans-thread.313163/

Last edited:
I have ~450 cars, but many of them are typical, stock cars like Ford's, Subaru's, Mercedes' :). When I beat new seasonals, I will try Le Mans 24 with Audi R18, Toyota 7, and my new machine, Ferrari FXX. I want to try Chapparal 2J too, but previous I must buy it :P Maybe W12 Nardo can win this event too

Toyota 7 is my favourite racing car and I love to drive it with interior view, but is really hard for me on wet road (this is why I choose Minolta for 24 Le Mans). So Chappy 2J is very fun to drive in the night? I must try it!

*** RS tires the whole race

I decided to give this a try with the Pescarolo C60 Hybride. I purchased a set of RS tires and threw a quick tune at my Hybride and ended up with 695PP. With this much horsepower the Hybride sucks down fuel like a whale so I decided to pit every lap:mischievous::mischievous:

Even after six pit-stops I was able to win with a time of 26.54.113 and with a 22 second winning margin::)

33221153851_3961c51320_k.jpg

Here's a picture that shows I pitted 6 times:):dopey:

32534970803_f82226e3eb_k.jpg

And here's my Hybride on the S/F line at the end of the race:

33308353096_889fbc240a_k.jpg

Good fun!:):D

Last edited:
In the above race, at the last split I thought I saw that I had a 20 second lead so I didn't think I had enough time to pit a 7th time, but after the race, the final margin seems to be large enough for another pit stop so I decided to try again.

Using my Pescarolo Hybride again, and pushing the track limits a little more I was able to win the race after pitting seven times:):mischievous:

Here's a picture of the timing records which shows I pitted seven times:

32507157444_0642c736d4_k.jpg

Here's the same point in the race from my Pescarolo as I cross the S/F line at the end of the seven laps, which shows me driving up the pit-lane. The game didn't let me take on any fuel or tires since the 24 minute mark was already passed as I was driving up the pit-lane. You can see my lap seven time of 3:48.840

32536086213_81f0a4e9c0_k.jpg

My overall margin was still substantial:

33194740502_93de52b6f2_k.jpg

As @coryclifford says, the Toyota 7 doesn't have any headlights, but it can win at La Sarthe.:cool: I tuned my Toyota 7 to 700PP and ran thru the dark using the "the force" for guidance.;) I was able to win with a decent margin:

32974944280_a2da789345_k.jpg

Here's a picture as I head off into the darkness from the Mulsanne corner, its so dark that my cell-phone camera took a flash:

33202320062_3fed900c32_k.jpg

Here's a picture just as dawn arrives as I head into Indianapolis and I can see the road again:nervous::

32543659943_7e1a5c4b8a_k.jpg

I ran on RS tires all the way. The Toyota doesn't use that much fuel so I pitted at the end of lap # 3, and then again at the end of lap # 5. The Toyota 7 handles pretty well on the RS tires so it was a pretty easy race during the day-light hours.:)

Back