The 24 Minutes of Le Mans thread

• Thread starter GT5Power
  • 122 comments
Greece
Athens
VQS_Ntinoskonsta
Welcome to the 24 Minutes of Le Mans thread! Here, you can post reports of the race and ask for advice to win!

The Rabbits

images

K. Oneill - Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Pit strategy: 3 stops {2,3,5}

Being the fastest LMP car in the game, this is the most dreaded opponent. It beats cars on a 2-stop strategy, so beware if you're going with that.

images

S. Nishida - Toyota 88C-V
Pit strategy: 3 stops {1,3,5}

Another quick car that will pull away during lap 1 due to RS tires. Not guaranteed to make a seventh lap.

images

A. Ishida - Nissan R92CP
Pit strategy: 3 stops {1,3,5}

The last Group C car ever to exist, this one usually stays around the 88C-V. Not guaranteed to make a seventh lap.

images

K. Pfeiffer - Mercedes Sauber C9
Pit strategy: 3 stops {2,3,5}

A really powerful car which runs with the R92CP. Not guaranteed to make a seventh lap.

images

H. Savidis - Audi R8
Pit strategy: 2 stops {3,6}

The first rabbit with a 2-stop strategy, this car will lead most of the race but can get caught by one of the four cars above during the lap 6 pitstop.

images

M. Barthelemy - Peugeot 905B
Pit strategy: 2 stops {3,6}

As above, only a tad bit slower. However, it is quicker during laps 6 and 7 and starts in the top 5, unlike the R8 which starts mid-pack.
Leaderboard - Ranked by Performance Points

Race Car Class

GT5Power - Toyota TS030 Hybrid - 589 PP
JMoney689 - Toyota TS030 Hybrid - 590 PP
GT5Power - Toyota TS030 Hybrid - 595 PP
GT5Power - Toyota TS030 Hybrid - 599 PP
GT5Power - Audi R18 - 613 PP
JMoney689 - Audi R18 - 614 PP
GT5Power - Toyota TS030 Hybrid - 615 PP
Scuderia Paul - Toyota TS030 Hybrid - 615 PP
Michelin - Toyota TS030 Hybrid - 623 PP
GTsail290 - BMW V12 LMR - 640 PP
GTsail290 - Audi R8 Race Car - 645 PP
RyanRacer - Jaguar XJ13 - 646 PP
GTsail290 - Audi R8 Race Car - 650 PP
GTsail290 - BMW V12 LMR - 650 PP
GTsail290 - BMW V12 LMR - 660 PP
NASCARGT - McLaren F1 Stealth - 663 PP
GTsail290 - BMW V12 LMR - 675 PP
GT5Power - Audi R8 Race Car - 679 PP
GTsail290 - BMW V12 LMR - 680 PP
Maldoxx - Mazda 787B - 683 PP

Road Car Class

GTsail290 - Cadillac CIEN - 592 PP
GTsail290 - Cadillac CIEN - 617 PP
GTsail290 - Cadillac CIEN - 620 PP
JMoney689 - Cadillac CIEN - 623 PP
GT5Power - Saleen S7 - 629 PP
JMoney689 - Saleen S7 - 630 PP
JMoney689 - Saleen S7 - 634 PP
GT5Power - Ferrari FXX - 667 PP
Lap 3 and 6 two-stopper (Inters - Hards)

This is used by cars with relatively good fuel conservation, like the Audi R8, Toyota 7 etc.

Pros
- Will guarantee a seventh lap
- Lead most of the race so no chaotic pitstops

Cons
- Pit stops are usually long due to empty fuel tank on entry

Lap 2, 3 and 5 three-stopper (Inters, Inters, Hards)

Used by the more powerful LMPs that start on Inters (C60 Hybride, Sauber C9)

Pros
- Lap 2 pitstop not frequent among racers
- Shorter lap 3 pitstop than all other strategies

Cons
- Does not guarantee a seventh lap
- You will be sitting in the midfield during lap 3, which means more slowing down in the pits

Lap 1, 3 and 5 three-stopper (Hards, Inters, Hards)

As above but only if you don't choose Inters at the beginning. Used by other powerful cars (R92CP, R89C, 88C-V etc.)

Lap 1, 3 and 6 three-stopper (Hards, Inters, Hards)

The same as the first strategy only for those who don't start with Inters. Used by the rest of the field.

Lap 4 one-stopper (Inters, Hards) Few cars are capable of this one!

The only strategy in this guide that is not used by the AI. Mostly utilised by slow cars with great fuel conservation like the TS030. So I assume that if you're going with this a lot of blocking is in order :lol:

Pros
-
You'll be alone on your pitstop so no time is wasted
- Will almost always lead after the lap 6 stops
- It's only one stop for God's sake :P

Cons
-
The stop will be quite long because your fuel tank will likely be empty

Lap 3 and 5 two-stopper (Inters, Hards)

A viable strategy if you want to shave some time off the second stop by making it one lap earlier.

Pros
- You won't have to put in as much fuel in the pits
- By balancing out the second and third stint you'll gain some seconds overall

Cons
- You have to be sure you have enough time to make a seventh lap
- Pit lane will be a bit more crowded on lap 5

Note that, in all strategies, Hards can be replaced with Softs or Mediums.
  • The Group C cars, especially the 88C-V and R92CP, can become really aggressive when the track dries. They will not hesitate to punt you off the track or try a PIT on you if you're slowing them down. This is particularly true on lap 7.
  • Braking before the Mulsanne corner is quite tricky. Slamming the brakes too late will send you flying into the sand, while braking too early will lose you some time as well as add the possibility of you being punted by AI cars, which will end with you playing sandcastles.
  • Only choose a 3-pit-stop strategy if you feel you can directly compete with the rabbits on the same strategy, such as the C60 Hybride, 88C-V, R92CP, Sauber C9, R89C etc.
  • The aforementioned rabbits run a very fast lap 7, sometimes even breaking 3:30, so take this into account when planning your strategy.
  • If you're driving an underdog car, like the TS030 or Ford GT LM, take advantage of the fact that the AIs are very slow in the rain compared to dry ground; their laps on wet and dry track might be as much as 10 seconds apart.
  • The AIs fill their tank to the brim during pit stops, use this to your advantage in a situation like the above.
  • You can cut the beginning of the second Hunaudieres chicane without getting a penalty.
  • You'll likely gain the most on the AI at the Porsche Curves and Ford Chicanes.
  • The opposing cars drive quite slowly when entering the pits; around 60 km/h (~ 38 mph). You can go as fast as 80 km/h (~ 50 mph) while remaining clean, so you can gain 1/2 of a second to a whole second that way.
  • If you have pitted before lap 3, which is when everyone pits, remember that pit lane traffic can lose you valuable seconds.
  • In case you're driving a slow car, get as many good drafts as possible on lap 1. This means you have to push hard through every corner and make a near-perfect lap. If you achieve this, you'll be closer to the lead pack on the lap 2 (when the track cleans up a bit), which can make the difference between a win and a loss.
  • If you're going with a road car, its top speed must be faster than the AI's to make up for what you'll lose in the corners, so don't forget to tune the transmission and possibly add some extra HP.
  • Blocking the AI can be easily achieved by letting them get alongside you and gently tapping them. This will make them back off and reduce their speed by around 30 km/h, which can be helpful before braking from a high speed to prevent them from ramming you (tip 2)
  • The fastest car in the race in terms of straight line speed (possibly overall too) is the C60 Hybride, with a top speed of 367-368 km/h ( ~ 228 mph)
  • The key to running a 2-pit-stop strategy with an underpowered car is to be within drafting distance of the 905B or R8 on lap 4. If you're not, they will pull away and you'll most likely be boned.

Last edited:
This is the report of my first run on Mar 21, 2014, copied over from my thread.

Hello! This is my first race report, so please don't go blaming me if it's crap :P

Recently, I unlocked the 24 Minutes of Le Mans and decided to give it a try to see what all the fuss was about. I bought an Audi R8 '01, thinking it was the perfect car for the race. Or was it…?

Starting grid:

1. S. Nishida - Toyota MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V [RS]
  2. K. Oneill - Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd [RI]
  3. A. Ishida - Nissan R92CP [RH]
  4. P. Soininen - Nissan R89C [RM]
  5. F. Kok Jaguar - XJR-9 [RM]
  6. T. Woodward - Bentley Speed 8 [RS]
  7. W. Dietrich - Mazda 787B [RH]
  8. F. Martins - Pescarolo-Courage - Judd GV5 [RM]
  9. H. Savidis - Audi R8 [RI]
  10. A. Marchetti - BMW V12 LMR [RS]
  11. J. Philippe - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP [RM]
  12. D. Janssen - Audi R8 Playstation [RI]
  13. P. Hansen - Toyota GT - ONE [RH]
  14. K. Rothstein - Audi R10 Stealth [RM]
  15. B. Poulain - Audi R18 [RI]
  16. Me Audi R8 - [RI]
Weather and time: Mild rain, 60% wet, 16:00

Lap 1:

I get by Poulain at the first chicane. Rothstein and Hansen fall at Hunaudieres, while the others have already gotten away. I spend the rest of Hunaudieres and another ~3km trying to catch up. Eventually, I close the gap and pass Janssen going into the Porsche Curves. 11 cars dive for the pits at the end of the lap to switch to RI tires, but Oneill, Savidis, me, Janssen and Poulain stay out. I end the lap in 3rd, 18 seconds behind Oneill.

Lap 2:

I get penalized at the first chicane, which costs me a few seconds. The sun sets as I roar through Hunaudieres, and I turn on the headlights. Savidis, my fellow Greek racer, is overtaken for 2nd at Mulsanne. The gap is reduced to 16 seconds at the Porsche Curves and Savidis is way behind me. Oneill and I pit at the end of the lap, but Savidis stays out for a third lap, and so does Janssen.

Lap 3:

Oneill is briefly passed in the pits, but he leaves his pit box while I stop at mine. My fuel tank is refilled and my tires are replaced with new ones of the same type. Meanwhile, Nishida passes me. I exit the pits 26 seconds behind Savidis. Nishida is passed at Tertre Rouge, but he doesn't give up without a fight. We battle until he pits. Savidis, Janssen and Oneill pit too in order to switch to racing hards, enabling me to lead the race for the first time.

Lap 4:

The other cars make long pit stops, so I build up a comfortable lead of 18 seconds. However, my tires are worn, resulting in a spin while exiting the second Hunaudieres chicane. The gap plummets to 9.5 seconds. Savidis shaves another 2 seconds off the gap by Mulsanne, dropping it to 7.5 seconds. I suffer extreme wheelspin throughout the rest of the lap. I slide through Indianapolis, losing another half second to Savidis, who's clearly got the upper hand. He gains 4 seconds at the Porsche Curves due to me sliding through the last curve and losing a lot of speed. I drive into the pit lane and end the lap 2 seconds ahead.

Lap 5:

I get a refill and switch to racing hards, as the track is completely dry. Savidis, Oneill, Nishida, Janssen, Ishida and Soininen pass me while I am stopped. I exit the pits in 7th place, 27 seconds behind Savidis. I overtake Soininen for 6th at Tertre Rouge. I reach Janssen at Indianapolis, but I have to wait until the Porsche Curves to get by him. Oneill, Ishida and Nishida make their last pit stop. I end the lap in 2nd, 16 seconds behind Savidis.

Lap 6:

Aware of the fact that both Savidis and I are going to make our last pit stop in this lap, I try to reduce the gap as much as possible. It's already down to 13 seconds at Tertre Rouge, then 11 seconds at Mulsanne. I take advantage of Savidis' worn tires to shave another 5 seconds off the gap. I cross the finish line for my last lap at 23 minutes and 35 seconds elapsed. Knowing that I will not be able to gain 6 seconds in the last lap alone, I opt for 20 liters less than normal. It works like a charm.

Lap 7:

Oh crud! I had forgotten that Oneill wasn't going to pit in. He crosses the line to begin his seventh lap at 23 minutes plus 58 seconds elapsed and passes both of us while we are in the pits. I exit the pits 5 seconds behind.

Hunaudieres doesn't help much; I only shave off 5 tenths of a second and I'm still 4 seconds behind with less than half a lap left. The gap is unchanged at Indianapolis, but it is reduced to 2.8 seconds at the Porsche Curves. I'm still a second behind at the first Ford Chicane, however I get a much better run out of it and pass Oneill at the last chicane! With my heart racing and my legs shaking violently, I cross the finish line 0.557 seconds ahead of Oneill. Whew!

Final results:

1. Me - 27:39.766
  2. K. Oneill - +0.557
  3. H. Savidis - +12.530
  4. D. Janssen - +35.589
  5. A. Marchetti - +37.476
  6. F. Martins - +44.132
  7. T. Woodward - +53.228
  8. A. Ishida - +1 Lap
  9. S. Nishida - +1 Lap
  10. J. Philippe - +1 Lap
  11. P. Soininen - +1 Lap
  12. W. Dietrich - +1 Lap
  13. F. Kok - +1 Lap
  14. B. Poulain - +1 Lap
  15. K. Rothstein - +1 Lap
  16. P. Hansen - +1 Lap
Positions 3 to 16 are based on previous checkpoint gap - they didn't get to finish

Overview:

A very exciting race. I never knew where I was going to end up. The spin in the 4th lap could have cost me the race, but thankfully it didn't. I also don't know if I could have avoided that last pit stop altogether. But what matters is that it was a great race.

Last edited:
Looks good @GT5Power 👍

I would like to make a couple of attempts at this.

Previously, I have run quite a few cars at La Sarthe, but I was running them at full song, so I had the PPvalues just under 700 so I could leave the AI in my wake.:)

So I need to de-tune a few cars and give them another shot at this. I check my garage for a LeMans prototype and decide to give my BMW V12 LMR '99 another go.

My crack pit-crew goes to work, so I end up with the following specs:

PPvalue: 680
Horsepower: 787
Weight: 940kg
P.Limiter: 90.7%
Tires: RM
SRF: off

On the starting grid are the following:
-----------------------------------------
1) Minolta Toyota 88CV
2) Sauber Mercedes C9
3) Nissan R92CP
4) Peugeot 905B 1 '92
5) Jag XJR-9
6) Courage C60 '03
7) Mazda 787B
8) Courage Judd GV5
9) Audi R8 Race Car '01

The flag drops and we're off!

I'm a bit rusty at La Sarthe, so I make a couple of mistakes on lap # 1, and end the lap in 13th place, 19.1 seconds behind the race leader after a 3:47.223 lap.

As I begin lap # 2, I pass about half the field, because they have entered the pits for a change of tires (its raining pretty hard, so most of them must have gotten called in by their pit-crews), so I find myself in 7th place at the beginning of the lap.

During lap # 2, I pass the 5th place Nissan R390 GT1 just after Tetra Rouge. At the end of lap # 2, I'm still 15.9 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 905B EVO after a decent 3:37.898 lap.

At the end of lap # 3, I catch the 2nd place Audi R8 Race Car and then dive into the pits for a new set of RM tires and 65 liters of fuel. I'm about 12 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 905B EVO, who has also entered the pits. The Audi R8 Race Car follows us into the pits as well. Lap # 3 took me 3:42.507.

The Peugeot 905B beats me out of the pits, so as I begin lap # 4, I find myself in 2nd place about 5 seconds behind him. The track is now dry, so we will see if my RM tires will last for some hot laps.:) At the end of lap # 4, I catch and pass the 1st place Peugeot 905B EVO while braking for the Ford chicane and take over the race lead.:) Lap # 4 took me 4:00.322, and I see that I have a 1.1 second lead as I cross the S/F line.

On lap # 5, I open up an 8 second lead over the 2nd place Peugeot 905B as it starts to rain again.

At the end of lap # 5, I dive into the pits again for 66 liters of fuel and for a new set of RM tires. Lap # 5 took 3:37.052, which is a new lap record.:) The 2nd place Peugeot 905B doesn't pit, so I get dropped into 2nd place during my re-fueling.:(

While I'm in the pits, the Audi R8 Race Car drives past and drops me into 3rd place.:(

At the 2nd checkpoint on lap # 6, I see that I have fallen 18.7 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 905B. On lap # 6, I catch and pass the Audi R8 Race Car going thru the Porsche curves, and end the lap only 8.3 seconds behind the 1st place Peugeot 905B, who has entered the pits again. Lap # 6 took me 4:03.011.

As I begin lap # 7, I streak on past the Peugeot 905B who is in the pits, and take over the race lead!:)

At the 2nd checkpoint on lap # 7, I see that I have opened up a 30 second lead over the 2nd place Peugeot 905B. Lap # 7 takes me 3:29.992 and I get the win!!:)

Race Time was: 26.40.788

Finishing order:
-----------------
1) GTsail in the BMW V12
2) Peugeot 905 ....................40.3 secs back
3) Minolta Toyota..................48.5 secs back
4) Nissan R92CP...................51.8 secs back
5) Audi R8 '01......................52.1 secs back
6) Pesc. Courage..................59.5 secs back

Post race notes:
-------------------
Great fun, though a little too easy once the Peugeot 905B made its final pit-stop. I will de-tune my car some more and see if I can get a closer race. My BMW V12 handles pretty well when the track is dry. When the track is wet though, I have to be pretty careful not to over-do some of the full-throttle corner exits.:nervous:

See you on the track!
GTsail

Last edited:
I decided to de-tune my BMW V12 LMR '99 a bit and give it another go, so my crack pit-crew goes to work on the suspension a little, and takes away some of the horsepower, so I end up with the following specs:

PPvalue: 675
Horsepower: 763
Weight: 940kg
P.Limiter: 91.9%

1) Minolta Toyota 88CV
2) Sauber Mercedes C9
3) Pescarolo C60 Hybride
4) Nissan R89C '89
5) Jag XJR-9 '88
6) Courage C60 '03 - Peugeot
7) Bentley Speed 8 '03
8) Mazda 787B
9) Courage Judd GV5 '04
10) Audi R8 Race Car '01
11) 908 HDI FAP
12) Audi R8 (Team Playstation)
13) Audi R10 TDI Stealth
14) Nissan R390 GT1 '98

Its raining at 52% at the start of the race. During lap # 1, I pass the 13th place Audi R8 Team Playstation going thru Indianapolis. When I cross the S/F line at the end of the lap, I find myself in 8th place since most of the field has entered the pits for a tire change. As I travel down the S/F straight, I get the news that I'm 15.3 seconds behind the race leader after a 3:38.503 lap.

At the first checkpoint on lap # 2, I find myself in 4th place, since nearly all the front-running cars have pitted, some 16.8 seconds behind the race leading Pescarolo C60 Hybride. The rain has eased up a bit and is only at 28%. Half-way thru lap # 2, night begins to fall and the rain increases to 32%. Near the end of the lap, I pass the 3rd place Audi R8 Race Car going thru the Porsche curves and I end the lap only 11.5 seconds behind the race leading Pescarolo C60 Hybride, who has entered the pits. Lap # 2 took 3:38.511 (a near identical time to lap # 1:))

At the first checkpoint on lap # 3, I find myself in 1st place:) in the race with a 2.2 second lead over the Audi R8 Race Car who hasn't pitted yet. At the end of lap # 3, I dive into the pits for a new set of RM tires (the rain has eased off to 14%, so it does not look like rain tires will be necessary) and 66 liters of fuel. Lap # 3 took me 3:42.760. The 2nd place Audi R8 Race Car follows me into the pits, though he is about 5.3 seconds behind me.

The RM tires were a good choice since the track is completely dry as I run lap # 4 in a 4:03.701. At the end of the lap, I have a 23.3 second lead over the Pescarolo C60 Hybride.

Near the end of lap # 5, it starts to rain again, and its up to 4% as I enter the pits at the end of the lap for another set of RM tires and 64 liters of fuel. Lap # 5 was very fast, a 3:33.528 lap record!:) Evidence that the track was nearly completely dry for the entire lap.

The 2nd place Pescarolo C60 Hybride also pits behind me, so the Audi R8 Race Car finds itself in 2nd place in the race as we begin lap # 6. The Audi R8 is only 2.4 seconds behind me at the first checkpoint on lap # 6. Lap # 6 takes me 4:02.228 and I open up a 14.4 second lead over the Audi R8 Race Car, who takes to the pits at the end of lap # 6, even though the track is dry again.

Behind him, most of the rest of the field pits as well, so at the 2nd checkpoint on lap # 7, I see that I have a 38 second lead over the Pescarolo C60 Hybride, so its just a cruise during lap # 7.:)

Race time is a very fast 26:24.268

Finishing order:
-----------------
1) GTsail in the BMW V12 LMR
2) Pescarolo C60.............41.8 secs back
3) Minolta Toyota............59.7 secs back
4) Sauber Mercedes........1:05.9 mins back
5) Audi R8 Race Car........1:11.3 mins back
6) Pescarolo Courage.......1:15.5 mins back

Post race notes:
-----------------
My BMW V12 was still too strong, though this was somewhat caused by having a dry track for most of the race. More de-tuning is necessary.

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
I have decided to de-tune my BMW V12 LMR '99 a bit more and give it another go, so my crack pit-crew goes to work on the suspension a little, and takes away more of the horsepower and adds a few kilo's, so I end up with the following specs:

PPvalue: 660
Horsepower: 682
Weight: 990kg
P.Limiter: 82.2%

1) Toyota 7 '70
2) Minolta Toyota 88CV
3) Nissan R92CP '92
4) Nissan R89C '89
5) Jag XJR-9 '88
6) Bentley Speed 8 '03
7) Mazda 787B
8) Courage Judd GV5 '04
9) BMW V12 LMR
10) 908 HDI - Peugeot
11) 908 HDI - Team Oreca
13) Audi R10 TDI Stealth
14) Nissan R390 GT1 '98
15) Mark IV Race Car

At the start of the race, the surface water indicator says 54%. On lap # 1, I draft past the 14th place Nissan R390 just before the 1st chicane on the Mulsanne straight. At the end of the lap, I cross the S/F line in 10th place, some 13.6 seconds behind the race leader, however, eleven cars have entered the pits, so as I begin lap # 2, I jump up into 3rd place in the race, about 3.5 seconds behind the race leading Audi R8 Team Playstation, after a 3:41.574 lap.

On lap # 2, as darkness falls, I see that the rain has eased off to about 30%, so I press hard after the 2nd place Peugeot 908 Team Oreca. At the end of lap # 2, the 1st place Audi R8 Team Playstation pits, so I find myself in 2nd place, only 1.5 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 909 Team Oreca after a 3:42.486 lap.

Its still raining at 35% as we begin lap # 3. On lap # 3, I draft past the 1st place Peugeot 908 Team Oreca just before we get to the 1st chicane on the Mulsanne straight. I hold the lead thru the 2nd chicane, but then lose the lead under heavy braking as we enter the Mulsanne corner at the end of the straight (truth be told, I pulled over a bit to make if easy for the Peugeot 908 to pass me because I didn't want to get rear-ended). I re-pass the Peugeot 908 Oreca on the back-straight going thru the kink, and enter Indianapolis with the race lead again.:) The rain is starting to ease off, so it says 19% at this point.

At the end of lap # 3, I dive into the pits for 65 liters of fuel and a new set of RM tires. The 2nd place Peugeot 909 Team Oreca follows me into the pits after 2.9 seconds. Lap # 3 took me 3:41.228.

At the first checkpoint on lap # 4, I get the news that I have a 7.5 second lead over the 2nd place Peugeot 908 Team Oreca. On lap # 4, as the sun comes up, I notice that the rain has stopped, so its time to push my BMW V12 hard, and try to open up a decent lead. At the end of the lap, my lead has grown to 14.1 seconds after a 4:08.982 lap.

By the end of lap # 5, it has started to rain again at a 5% clip. At the end of the lap, I dive into the pits for 62 liters of fuel and a new set of RM tires with a 19 second lead over the Peugeot 908 Oreca after a fast 3:38.365 lap.

The Peugeot 908 Oreca drives past me while I'm in the pits, so as I begin lap # 6, I'm about 10 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 908. At the end of lap # 6, the race leading Peugeot 908 Oreca pits again, which gives me the race lead as I cross the S/F line and begin lap # 7 after a slow 4:12.209 lap.

The track has gone dry again as I start lap # 7. At the 2nd checkpoint on lap # 7, I see that I have opened up a 20 second lead over the Minolta Toyota, who has taken over 2nd place. With the dry track, I set a lap record of 3:35.124 on lap # 7.

Race time: 26:54.551

Finishing order:
-----------------
2) Minolta Toyota.............21.5 secs back
3) Nissan R89C................39.9 secs back
4) Nissan R92CP..............42.7 secs back
5) Peugeot 908 Oreca.......55.2 secs back
6) Pescarolo Courage........56.2 secs back

Post race notes:
-----------------
My BMW V12 was still too strong, though the field is getting closer to me.:nervous: More de-tuning is necessary.

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
I gave the Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 a go because no one had tried it yet

Specs:

PP: 623
Horsepower: 556 HP
Weight: 940 kg
Power Limiter: 100%
Tires: RS
Aids: Everything off apart from ABS 1.

Starting Grid:

1) Toyota 7 '70
2) Sauber Mercedes C9 '89
3) Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05
4) Nissan R92CP '92
5) Nissan R89C '89
6) Jaguar XJR-9 '88
7) Bentley Speed 8 '03
8) Mazda 787B '91
9) Audi R8 Race Car '01
10) BMW V12 LMR '99
11) Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut '10
12) Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10
13) Nissan R390 GT1 '98
14) Audi R10 TDI '06
15) Ford Mark IV Race Car '67
16) Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12

The green flag drops and we're off!

In lap 1 I leave the Mark IV in the dust in the 1st chicane and stay close with the R390 GT1 and the R10. We trade places (13th to 15th) during all lap. We also pass the Toyota 7 who somehow spun at the entry of the Porsche Curves. Some cars pit at the end of the lap.

In lap 2 I move some spots and start catching up to the 908 - Team Oreca. At the end of the lap I position myself real close to the Peugeot as more cars enter pit road. I'm now 3rd.

I spend most of lap 3 trading position with the 908. The 908 pits and the leader does too. Since I have a quarter of fuel left, I decide to gamble and stay on track.

I was a bit worried about the fuel, but what's done is done, so pedal to the metal to maintain a nice 32 second lead when I enter the pits at the end of lap 4. I exit the pits in 6th place, behind the 908 - Team Oreca (again) and the R92CP.

On lap 5, I trade positions with the 908 and the R92CP. By slipstreaming the R92CP, I'm able to hit 381km/h with the TS030 before the 1st Mulsanne chicane. I also divebombed both cars and made it work at the end of the Mulsanne straight. The R92CP almost spins at the entry of Porsche Curves, and I'm able to pass the 908 a bit later. Some cars pit again, and I open a new lap in 3rd, behind the Sauber C9 (leader) and the R8.

Lap 6 comes, and a quick glampse at the remaining race time shows me that the next lap is the last. Most of the lap is spent by trading position with the R8 before he goes to the pits. The Sauber heads to the pits too, which gives me the lead.

Lap 7 starts. In the middle of Mulsanne, 24 minutes has gone by, so I'm on the final lap. Also, the Pesky C60 is in 2nd, 28 seconds back. I decided to slow down, and just cruise the rest of the lap to the finish. A nice race ended with an easy finish.

Race Time was: 26:52.004

Finishing order:

1) Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 (26:52.004)
2) Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 (+ 0:17.634)
3) Nissan R92CP '92 (+ 0:26.660)
4) Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 (+ 0:35.635)
5) Audi R8 Race Car '01 (+ 0:38.542)
6) Nissan R89C '89 (+ 0:42.312)
7) Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut '10 (+ 0:42.793)
8) Bentley Speed 8 '03 (+ 1:02.111)
9) BMW V12 LMR '99 (+ 1:08.230)
10) Mazda 787B '91 (+ x:xx.xxx)*
11) Nissan R390 GT1 '98 (+ 1 lap)
12) Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10 (+ 1 lap)
13) Jaguar XJR-9 '88 (+ 1 lap)
14) Toyota 7 '70 (+ 1 lap)
15) Audi R10 TDI '06 (+ 1 lap)
16) Ford Mark IV Race Car '67 (+ 1 lap)

Post race notes:

The car is pretty easy and sweet drive. The boost you get out of the turns is pretty amazing as well. The race in itself had it good fun moments, when trading positions in some of the laps with one or two cars. The gamble of 1 pit strategy paid off with a relaxed last lap cruise to the victory.

I have decided to de-tune my BMW V12 LMR '99 a bit more and give it another go, so my crack pit-crew goes to work on the suspension some more, and takes away more of the horsepower by ditching the turbo, and adds a few more kilo's, so I end up with the following specs:

PPvalue: 650
Horsepower: 664
Weight: 1030kg
P.Limiter: 84.5%

1) Toyota 7 '70
2) Minolta Toyota 88CV
3) Nissan R92CP '92
4) Nissan R89C '89
5) Jag XJR-9 '88
6) Bentley Speed 8 '03
7) Mazda 787B
8) Courage Judd GV5 '04
9) BMW V12 LMR
10) 908 HDI - Peugeot
11) 908 HDI - Team Oreca
13) Audi R10 TDI Stealth
14) Nissan R390 GT1 '98
15) Mark IV Race Car

Surface water is 54% at the start of the race. On lap # 1, I draft past the 14th place Nissan R390 just before the 1st chicane. At the end of the lap, I get the news that I'm 11.9 seconds behind the race leader after a 3:39.873 lap. Eleven cars are shown in the pits, so I'm about to jump up into 3rd place in the race.

As I begin lap 3 2, the rain has eased off to 28%. At the first checkpoint on lap # 2, I see that I am only 1.9 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 908 - Team Oreca, and I'm just beginning to catch the slip-stream off the 2nd place Audi R8 Team Playstation. I'm able to draft past both cars just before the 2nd chicane, so I take over the race lead on lap # 2. That was nice!:) Both cars try to get past me on the back-straight, by my BMW V12 is very wide at this point, so neither AI can slip past:), so I head off into Indianapolis with a slim lead.:nervous: By the end of the lap, I have opened up a 3.2 second lead over the 2nd place Peugeot 908 Oreca after a fast 3:39.745 lap.

As I begin lap # 3, the rain increases to 36%. As I near the end of lap # 3, the rain eases off to 7%, so I dive into the pits for a new set of RM tires and 62 liters of fuel. Lap # 3 took me 3:41.954. The 2nd place Peugeot 908 Oreca follows me into the pits, but is shown 13.4 seconds behind me, so I have opened up a comfortable lead.:) The 3rd place Audi R8 Team Playstation also follows us into the pits.

As I begin lap # 4, I see that the rain has stopped and the track is completely dry, so its time for some fast laps. At the 2nd checkpoint on lap # 4, I get the news that I have opened up a 24.1 second lead over the Peugeot 908 Oreca. At the end of lap # 4, I get the news that I have a 20.5 second lead over the Minolta Toyota who has taken over 2nd place, after a 4:09.613 lap.

On lap # 5, it starts to rain again, and is shown at 5% when I dive into the pits for another set of RM tires and 60 liters of fuel. Lap # 5 took me 3:40.273. The 2nd place Minolta Toyota also pits, so I maintain my 20 second lead.

At the 2nd checkpoint on lap # 6, I see that I have a 1.1 second lead over the 2nd place Audi R8 Team Playstation, who is being closely followed by the Peugeot 908 Oreca. The Minolta Toyota fell back into 6th place during his pit stop. The 2nd place Audi R8 Team Playstation pulls along-side my BMW V12 as we begin braking for the Porsche curves:nervous:, but he doesn't get past. It was a close call:scared: but that's the end for the AI, as both the 2nd place Audi R8 Playstation and the 3rd place Peugeot 908 Oreca pit at the end of lap # 6, which gives me a 5.5 second lead as I cross the S/F line to begin lap # 7, after a 4:08.319 lap.

At the 2nd checkpoint on lap # 7, I get the news that I have a 25.2 second lead over the 2nd place Minolta Toyota, so the race is done. Nevertheless, I run a lap record 3:36.557 to bring it home!:)

Race Time: 26.50.884

Finishing order:
------------------
2) Minolta Toyota...........25.8 secs back
3) Nissan R89C..............37.1 secs back
4) Nissan R92CP............46.8 secs back
5) Peugeot 909 Oreca.....57.1 secs back
6) R8 Team Playstation...58.8 secs back

Post race notes:
------------------
Quite an enjoyable race, but my BMW V12 was still a little too strong. I am finding more pace in certain areas of the track, so its not entirely the fault of the AI that they can't catch me.:)

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
TOYOTA TS030 HYBRID '12
PP 615 / TYRES RS / POWER 529BHP 100% / DOWNFORCE MINIMUM

The first photo is of my quickest race time with the Toyota TS030-HYBRID. I ran slightly wide at Porsche Curves on L7 which cost me about 1.5s.

The second image is of my biggest winning margin with the Toyota. The car, the fantastic car, is rated at 615PP.

QUICKEST RACE COMPLETION
DSC_0356.jpg

LARGEST WINNING MARGIN
DSC_0351.jpg

Last edited:
@Scuderia Paul: If you still have the replay, could you please post a report of those races? It's not necessary, but all the others posted one :P

I'll give the TS030 a go soon.

PP leaderboard updated

I have de-tuned my BMW V12 LMR '99 a bit more and will give it another go, so my crack pit-crew goes to work on the suspension some more, and takes away more of the horsepower, and adds a few more kilo's, so I end up with the following specs:

PPvalue: 640
Horsepower: 617
Weight: 1050kg
P.Limiter: 78.5%

1) Toyota 7 '70
2) Minolta Toyota 88CV
3) Nissan R92CP '92
4) Nissan R89C '89
5) Jag XJR-9 '88
6) Bentley Speed 8 '03
7) Mazda 787B
8) Courage Judd GV5 '04
9) BMW V12 LMR
10) 908 HDI - Peugeot
11) 908 HDI - Team Oreca
13) Audi R10 TDI Stealth
14) Nissan R390 GT1 '98
15) Mark IV Race Car

The surface water is 54% at the start of the race. On lap # 1, I draft past the 14th place Nissan R390 just before the first chicane on the Mulsanne straight. The Nissan R390 stays pretty close to my rear-bumper for the rest of the lap:nervous: until we get to the Porsche curves, where I pull away and almost catch the 13th place Audi R10 Stealth just before he dives into the pits for his first stop. I carry-on and end the lap 16.5 seconds behind the race leader after a decent 3:44.683 lap.

Ten of the AI have taken to the pits at the end of lap # 1. The rain is at 28%, so perhaps they need a tire change.

I begin lap # 2, just behind the Audi R8 Team Playstation, who I'm able to pass as we go thru the Dunlop chicane. At the first checkpoint on lap # 2, I see that I'm in 2nd place only 3.7 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 908 Oreca. Its pretty easy to get near the front of the race if the whole field pits!!!:)

The Audi R8 Team Playstation stays close, and then drafts past me as I brake for the Mulsanne corner at the end of the straight.:ouch: I re-pay the favor, and draft back past the Audi R8 Playstation just before the high-speed sweeping right-hander before Indianapolis. I then catch up with the 1st place Peugeot 908 Oreca as we brake for Arnage. I'm able to pass the 1st place Peugeot 908 Oreca as we both brake for the Porsche curves, so I take over the race lead.:) This seems to be disconcerting for the Peugeot 908 because he also lets the Audi R8 Playstation get past as they both chase after my BMW V12. Lap # 2 takes me 3:45.269.

I have a 2.7 second lead as I begin lap # 3 with the rain at 35%. At the end of lap # 3, I dive into the pits for a new set of RM tires and ask for 62 liters of fuel. The 2nd place Audi R8 Team Playstation follows me into the pits after 9.1 more seconds. He must have had quite a slow lap. Lap # 3 took me 3:45.348. Nice consistent lap!

The 3rd place Peugeot 908 Oreca also pits at the end of lap # 3, and he is closely followed by the rest of the top eight cars. The pits are extremely crowded!!:eek:

As I begin lap # 4, I see that the rain has stopped completely, so I'm glad I didn't install any rain tires at the last stop. At the first checkpoint on lap # 4, I see that I have a 19.1 second lead over the Nissan R89C who is now in 2nd place. At the end of lap # 4, my lead over the 2nd place Nissan R89C is down to 16.6 seconds after a 4:12.916 lap.

The track is still dry as I begin lap # 5, so I should be able to maintain my lead. By the end of lap # 5, its raining at a 5% clip, so I dive into the pits for a new set of RM tires and 55 liters of fuel. Lap # 5 was a new lap record of 3:41.632.

After about 16 seconds, the 2nd place Nissan R89C joins me in the pits, however, five other cars being led by the BMW V12 LMR do not, so I find myself in 6th place as I begin lap # 6.:( At the first checkpoint on lap # 6, I get the news that I'm 9.5 seconds behind the race leading BMW V12 LMR who has disappeared from sight off the grid indicator.:lol: At the end of lap # 6, all five cars in front of me dive into the pits.:) The red margin indicator says that I'm 9.4 seconds in arrears as I end lap # 6 after a 4:10.605 lap.

As I begin lap # 7, I vault up into the race lead as I drive past the stationary leaders who are in the pits for some fresh rubber. At the 2nd checkpoint on lap # 7, I see that I have opened up a 20.2 second lead over the Nissan R92CP. During lap # 7, my lead over the Nissan R92CP disappears at an alarming rate!:nervous:

Lap # 7 takes me 3:41.594

Race Time: 27:16.597

Finishing order:
------------------
2) Nissan R92CP............11.6 secs back
3) Nissan R89C..............12.2 secs back
4) Mazda 787B..............26.9 secs back
5) Speed 8....................37.1 secs back
6) BMW V12..................37.9 secs back
7) Peugeot 908..............38.3 secs back
8) R8 Team Playstation...43.5 secs back
9) Courage Judd............53.1 secs back
10) Minolta Toyota.........1 lap down
11) Toyota 7.................1 lap down
12) Nissan R390............1 lap down
13) Peugeot 908............1 lap down
14) Audi R10.................1 lap down
15) Jag XJR-9................1 lap down

Post race notes:
------------------
A decently close race!:)
The 2nd place Nissan R92CP runs lap # 7 with a time of 3:32.555, so no wonder he was tracking me down on the last lap.:eek: His best lap until then was a 3:43.092 on lap #3, so he found quite a bit of pace in a last minute attempt to catch me!

The Minolta Toyota and the rest of the field is shown a lap down at the end of the race. This is because they didn't make it to the end of lap # 6 until just after the 24 minute mark was reached, so their races all ended at the end of lap # 6. Interestingly, the Toyota 7 and the Nissan R390 get stuck in the pits and don't even try to complete lap # 7, while the other back-markers cruise lap # 7 at 50mph. The reason the Toyota 7 and the Nissan R390 get stuck in the pits at the end of the race is that they both pitted at the end of lap # 6, and just before they crossed the S/F line (as they drove down the pit-lane), the 24 minute mark was reached, so they entered the pits, changed their tires, and then just sat there until I finished the race.:odd::lol:

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
Time for a new car, so I check my garage and decide to try out the Audi R8. After some expert work by my pit-crew my Audi R8 Race Car '01 has the following specs:

PPvalue: 650
Horsepower: 636
Weight: 1000kg
P.Limiter: 79.2%
Tires at start: RM

Sitting on the starting grid are the following cars:
----------------------------------------------------
1) Toyota 7 '70
2) Sauber Mercedes C9
3) Nissan R92CP
4) Jag XJR-9 '88
5) Mazda 787B
6) Audi R8 Race Car
7) BMW V12 LMR
8) Peugeot 908-Team Oreca
9) Peugeot 908-Team Peugeot
10) R8 Team Playstation
11) Audi R10 TDI Stealth
12) Nissan R390
13) Audi R10 TDI '06
14) R18 TDI Team Joest
15) Jag XJ13 '66

Its raining 54% at the start of the race.
On lap # 1, I pass the 14th place Audi R18 TDI just before the Porsche curves. At the end of the lap, I see that I'm 16.7 seconds behind the race leader after a 3:47.448 lap. Eight AI cars take to the pits at the end of lap # 1.

On lap # 2, I draft past the 5th place Nissan R390 just before the 2nd chicane on the Mulsanne straight and get the news that I'm still 16.2 seconds behind the race leader. At the end of the lap I see that I'm 19.4 seconds behind the race leading Audi R8 Race Car after a decent 3:44.223 lap.

At the end of lap # 3, I dive into the pits for a new set of RM tires and 58 liters of fuel. The race leading Audi R8 Race Car is already in the pits having beaten me there by about 18 seconds. Lap # 3 took 3:46.860. The 2nd place Peugeot 908 Team Oreca is also in the pits.

The Audi R8 Race Car beats me out of the pits and I have the 3rd place Audi R8 Team Playstation right on my rear-bumper as I begin lap # 4. An Audi sandwich!:D The rain has stopped so the track is now dry and everyone's pace should improve. On lap # 4, the Audi R8 Playstation drafts past me just before the 2nd chicane on the Mulsanne straight, so I get dropped into 3rd place some 11.4 seconds behind the race leading Audi R8 Race Car. Near the end of lap # 4, I pass the 2nd place Audi R8 Playstation as we brake for the Ford chicanes. I end the lap still 11.8 seconds behind the race leading Audi R8 Race Car after a 4:12.690 lap.

At the end of lap # 5, I dive into the pits for 52 liters of fuel and a set of RS tires. I suspect that RS tires will last at least 2 laps, so I'm going to give them a try. As I enter the pits, I'm being shown as 14.5 seconds behind the race leading Audi R8 Race Car after a 3:44.794 lap.

At the first checkpoint on lap # 6, I see that I've fallen 41.1 seconds behind the Audi R8 Race Car. I'm in 6th place in the race,:scared: but I expect/hope that most of the five leaders will pit again.:nervous: At the end of lap # 6, I'm 35.6 seconds behind the race leading Audi R8 Race Car who has driven into the pits thankfully. Lap # 6 took me 4:06.289.

The rest of the field has also pitted, so as I begin lap # 7, I jump up into the race lead!:)

At the 1st checkpoint on lap # 7, I see that I have a 9.4 second lead over the Nissan R92CP, who has taken up the chase in 2nd place. Lap # 7 is a fast 3:38.855

Race Time: 27:15.885

Finishing order:
-----------------
1) GTsail in an Audi R8
2) Nissan R92CP............6.4 secs back
3) Sauber C9.................8.2 secs back
4) Audi R8 Race............12.5 secs back
5) Audi R8 Playstation....24.7 secs back
6) Peugeot 908-Oreca....25.1 secs back
7) Mazda 787B..............25.4 secs back
8) BMW V12 LMR...........33.4 secs back
9) Toyota 7..................1:11.1 mins back

Post race notes:
------------------
Quite a nice race! My Audi R8 Race Car drives very nicely, but is a bit top-end speed limited because of the excessive de-tuning that I've thrown at it. It struggles to reach 205mph without a draft.

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
A little more de-tuning is needed, so after some more expert work by my pit-crew my Audi R8 Race Car '01 has the following specs:

PPvalue: 645
Horsepower: 617
Weight: 1010kg
P.Limiter: 78.9%
Tires at start: RM at the start

1) Toyota 7 '70
2) Minolta Toyota
3) Sauber Mercedes C9
4) Peugeot 905B EVO
5) Nissan R89C '89
6) Jag XJR-9 '88
7) BMW V12 LMR
8) 908 HDI Team Peugeot
9) R8 Team Playstation
10) Toyota GT-ONE
11) Nissan R390 GT1
12) AMG CLK-LM '98
13) Audi R10 TDI '06
14) Mark IV Race Car '67
15) Jag XJ13 '66

Its raining 53% at the start of the race.
On lap # 1, I catch and pass the 13th place Audi R10 TDI as we brake for the beginning of the Porsche curves. At the end of lap # 1, I'm 20.3 seconds behind the race leader after a 3:47.700 lap.

As I begin lap # 2, I find myself in 5th place in the race since 8 of the front-running AI cars have taken to the pits.:) The rain has eased off to 28% as I begin lap # 2. At the very end of lap # 2, I pass the 4th place Nissan R390 GT1 going thru the Ford chicanes and end the lap 29.5 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 905B EVO after a slow 3:50.158 lap.

The rain has increased to 35% as I begin lap # 3. The 3rd place Sauber Mercedes C9 is in the pits, so I jump up into 3rd place in the race as I reach the end of the S/F straight. At the end of lap # 3, I dive into the pits for 56 liters of fuel and for a set of RS tires. The 1st place Peugeot 905B has also taken to the pits. Lap # 3 took me 3:51.231.

At the first checkpoint on lap # 4, I see that I'm 24.5 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 905B who beat me out of the pits by a comfortable margin.:( The rain has stopped, so I will try to catch him! Lap # 4 takes me 4:11.614 and I end the lap still 23.7 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 905B with the 3rd place Sauber Mercedes C9 right on my rear-bumper.:nervous:

At the end of lap # 5, I dive into the pits for another set of RS tires and for 52 liters of fuel. I'm still 22.5 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 905B after a 3:40.418 lap. The Peugeot 905B doesn't pit so he's going to open up a big lead over me while I'm getting some more fuel and tires.:scared: While I'm in the pits, I get passed by the Audi R8 Team Playstation and the Peugeot 908 HDI.

At the first checkpoint on lap # 6, I get the news that I'm 46.2 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 905B.:ill: By the end of lap # 6, I'm still 34.5 seconds behind the Peugeot 905B, however, he's in the pits with the 2nd place Audi R8 Team Playstation, so I drive past both of them.:)

As I begin lap # 7, I can see that the rain has stopped, a welcome sign since I now have the race lead!:) At the first checkpoint on lap # 7 my lead is shown at 4.5 seconds.:nervous:

I set a new lap record of 3:37.342 on the final lap.:)

Race Time: 27.15.636

Finishing order:
------------------
1) GTsail in the Audi R8
2) Peugeot 905B..............6.7 secs back
3) Minolta Toyota.............10.0 secs back
4) Nissan R89C................11.0 secs back
5) Sauber C9...................11.6 secs back
6) R8 TEam Playstation.....39.1 secs back
7) Peugeot 908 HDI..........48.1 secs back
8) BMW V12 LMR..............56.1 secs back

Post race notes:
--------------------
A nice close race!:) The field was nicely bunched up just behind me at the end. I'm not sure where the Minolta Toyota got the pace to climb up into 3rd place at the end. I checked the replay after the race, and the Minolta Toyota ran a 3:29.213 on his final lap.:eek: This was ten seconds faster than anyone else.:boggled: He must have been drafting the entire lap or attached to another car via rubber-bands.;)

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
Time for a new car, so I check my garage and decide to try out the Minolta. After some expert work by my pit-crew my Minolta Toyota 88CV '89 has the following specs:

PPvalue: 648
Horsepower: 655
Weight: 970kg
P.Limiter: 72.4%
Tires at start: RM at the start

1) Toyota 7 '70
2) Minolta Toyota
3) Sauber Mercedes C9
4) Nissan R92CP
5) Peugeot 905B EVO
6) Pesc. Courage C60
7) Bentley Speed 8
8) Courage Judd GV5
9) Audi R8 Race Car
10) BMW V12 LMR
11) Toyota GT-ONE
12) Audi R10 TDI Stealth
13) Nissan R390 GT1
14) AMG CLK-LM '98
15) R18 TDI Team Joest

Its raining 53% at the start of the race.
On lap # 1, I draft past the 13th place Nissan R390 just before the 2nd chicane on the Mulsanne straight. At the end of the lap I'm 15.1 seconds behind the race leader after a very fast 3:42.756 lap (helped by a decent amount of drafting time).

Nine of the AI cars take to the pits at the end of lap # 1, so as I begin lap # 2, I jump up into 4th place. The rain has eased off to 28%. At the end of the lap I see that I'm still 15.9 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 905B after another fast lap of 3:43.030. Ahead of me, I can see that the 3rd place Sauber Mercedes C9 has taken to the pits, so as I begin lap # 3, I jump up into 3rd place.

The rain has now increased back up to 35%. On lap # 3, the game interupts my race to ask if I want to update my game console to V1.10,:( this causes my Minolta Toyota to veer off the track and I smack the right-side armco during my braking for Indianapolis.:ouch: I loose about 6 seconds before my screen becomes clear again.:( At the end of lap # 3, I dive into the pits for a new set of RM tires and 60 liters of fuel. The race leading Peugeot 905B and the 2nd place Audi R8 Race Car are already in the pits (probably checking out the V1.10 update as well:tup:;)). The red margin to the Peugeot 905B was 20.6 seconds after a terrible 3:57.236 lap.

Both the Peugeot 905B and the Audi R8 Race Car beat me out of the pits, so when I get to the first checkpoint on lap # 4, I see that I'm 13.8 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 905B, and still in 3rd place. At the end of the lap, I'm only 12.2 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot after a 4:12.136 lap.

On lap # 5, I almost catch the 2nd place Audi R8 Race Car, because he's going fairly slowly thru the Porsche curves (maybe because its raining again at 5%). I peel-off and dive into the pits at the end of the lap for another set of RM tires and 52 liters of fuel. The margin to the race leading Peugeot 905B was down to 7.2 seconds after a fast 3:41.031 lap.

When I exit the pits and begin lap # 6, I find myself in 6th place, and I see that I've fallen 35.5 seconds behind the race leading Peugeot 905B. On lap # 6, I have a drafting duel with the 5th place Pescarolo Sport Courage C60, so I have to pass him twice before he finally is dispatched when he runs wide going into the Porsche curves and gets sand in his radiators. Lap # 6 takes 4:06.399. When I cross the S/F line at the end of lap # 6, I see that the first three cars have taken to the pits and the red margin to the race leader was only 26.8 seconds, so as I begin lap # 7, I jump up into 1st place in the race!:)

At the first checkpoint on lap # 7, I see that I have opened up a 10.6 second lead over the 2nd place Peugeot 905B. Lap # 7 is a very fast 3:38.669 lap.

Race time: 27.16.073

Finishing order:
------------------
1) GTsail in the Minolta Toyota
2) Peugeot 905B.....................13.2 secs back
3) Audi R8 Race Car................13.9 secs back
4) Sauber Mercedes C9............14.9 secs back
5) Pescarolo Courage Judd........30.9 secs back
6) BMW V12 LMR.....................35.9 secs back
7) Pescarolo Courage C60.........1:00.4 mins back
8) Audi R10 Stealth..................1:02.0 mins back

Post race notes:
------------------
Another decent race! The Minolta Toyota handles quite well so I was able to battle the AI cars whenever I happened to be near them.

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
Sitting here waiting for someone to pop up with a Chapparrel 2J time...or are we prohibiting this vacuum car?
If not I will give it a run tonight and post the result. That Hybrid Toyota time was impressive.:lol: Might be hard to beat with this car but I should manage :cheers:

Sitting here waiting for someone to pop up with a Chapparrel 2J time...or are we prohibiting this vacuum car?
If not I will give it a run tonight and post the result. That Hybrid Toyota time was impressive.:lol: Might be hard to beat with this car but I should manage :cheers:
Oh and in case you are wondering ':confused:How will he see in the dark?:confused:' I have done Spa 24 minutes as well with that car and as daunting as it was, you either follow the lead car through the night and pass him when you can see, or just go total noob and use the racing line...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back into GT6 and I'll be giving the hybrid a try at the weekend 👍

@Sp3edst3r, try not to double post because it's frowned upon. Use the edit button instead :)

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
Did it :D completed 24 minutes of le mans in a 2J... Not the best time but maybe if i didnt *just* go off the track and have the fan blow me around (plus the penalty times .-.) there wouldve been a better time xD. Going again after purchasing racing softs... Hope they help :D

EDIT: Done it again with a much better time (photo now attached) Now i got a second run in the car, i learned that maybe hammering the brakes wasn't a good idea :P The car tends to like spinning out...

This was all done as a little challenge for me, no competition or criticism needed please

Last edited:
Just got back into GT6 and I'll be giving the hybrid a try at the weekend 👍

I kept my promise. The report will be posted once I decide to get off my lazy butt :P My time was 27:30.854.

Last edited:
@GT5Power, your record has been broken- won using a 614pp Audi R18 TDI 15th Anniversary Edition.

Didn't get the picture at the end on time, so I went into the replay and got the data screen after the finish:

IMG_5447.JPG

And a YouTube video of the ending:

I'll have a detailed race report shortly.

Last edited:
@GT5Power Here you go. Easily the most challenging feat I've done in Gran Turismo.

Car:
2011 Audi R18 TDI 15th Anniversary Edition
Tires: RS at start, RS after pit stop
PP: 614
Power: 510HP
Weight Balast: 127kg-ish positioned at -13 (don't have the game in front of me right now)
Downforce: 300 in front, 700 in rear.
Suspension: -65 ride height in front and rear, stiffer spring rate.

Driving Options:
TCS: 5
ABS: On
ASM: On
SRF: On
Driving Line: Off

Lap 1:
Slow start, passing only the Mark IV GT40 in the esses and the other R18 in the Mulsanne. Track moisture falls from 60 to 30 before it starts to rain again.

Lap 2:
9 cars in front of me pit, I start the lap in 5th, 25 seconds behind the leader, a Pescarolo. By the Porsche curves I'm holding of the Nissan R92CP.

Lap 3:
Leader pits, I start lap in 4th just a few seconds ahead of him. I pass the Nissan R390 in the esses. Going into the first Mulsanne chicane I'm passed by the Pescarolo and lose control going into the corner, cutting it and taking a penalty. The Nissan R92CP goes around me while I pass the Pescarolo while accelerating. I continue to hold off the faster cars in the straights. I'm eventually passed by the Pescarolo, Audi R8 and Nissan R390 before the Porsche curves. Rain stops.

Lap 4:
The entire field except the Peugeot 905 and GT40 pit, giving me a 28 second lead at the start. My fuel tank is slightly less than 1/4; my goal is to get around and empty at New Maison Blanche, coasting into the pits. By Indianapolis the Peugeot has caught me. I run out 300 yards from the pit entrance, then coast in and get new RS tires and 78 liters of fuel.

Lap 5:
Coming out in 9th, I hold my position the whole lap until three cars ahead of me, including the Pescarolo and Nissan 92, pit. Track dries completely.

Lap 6: Starting in 6th, I hold position again for the whole lap. With 10 seconds left in the race coming into the Ford chicanes, I have no choice but to cut across and take a ten-second penalty. There are four seconds left as I coast across the start/finish, beginning the final lap.

Lap 7: As my penalty wears off I hear the Peugeot's engine firing up as he leaves the pits. I barely get ahead of him going into the Dunlop curve. Working up a 3-second lead before the Mulsanne straight, four cars are left to compete for the win: myself in the R18, the Nissan R92CP, the Peugeot 905, and the Pescarolo C60 Hybride. I block and hold off the much faster cars through the Mulsanne into the Porsche curves. Coming out of Maison Blanche the Pescarolo goes to my inside on the straight, leaving my R18 with no room going into the first Ford chicane. My rear end breaks loose, causing me to cut the left side of the chicane and take a 3-second penalty. The Pescarolo also slides and slows down but manages to stay on track, but by that time I was too far ahead. Finish. I'm first, with the Pescarolo and Peugeot finishing within a second of me.

Back