My new guitar + AmpMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Powripper
  • 7 comments
  • 533 views
Messages
1,403
Here it is, I thought I might replace my crappy Squier strat and fender frontman 15G amp....





its a brand new epiphone les paul, with a Line 6 spider II amp, (amp pic would'nt upload, will load it up later)
 
Nice choice of guitar for the $$!

This is the start of a very expensive gear buying habit (hopefully). I recommend some new humbuckers for the Les Paul - effectively transforms it into a Gibson, huge difference in the sound quality (at much less than Gibson's crazy prices...)!

Have fun twiddling the knobs on the Line6 amp, lots of fun and different sounds to tweak there... but you'll ultimately tire of the digital "not quite right" sound I predict... :)
 
I just bought that same amp to record stuff for the GPT collab. I didn't care for it, but I was surprised at how much distortion/crunch there was. All my other stuff is upstaiirs, and I didn't feel like moving all that stuff down stairs, so I just bought the amp. My oldest now has it.
 
yeah, the the sound from the amp is like you said "not quite right" But i'm only 18 and have a budget when it come to this stuff, owning a car eats up enough $$ as it is, and plus, I have only been playing for about a year. I think I will keep the amp for now, might get a better one some time in the future, but I am very pleased with the guitar, and will probably do some upgrading to it as I become more serious about playing. thanks for the response guys. :)
 
btw, don't think I'm bashing the Line6 stuff unduly, I am thinking about getting a POD for late night guitar practise and for twiddling with for fun... I'd never use it for a gig though! Ugh... A guitarist that shows up at a gig with a POD as their main guitar sound gets a big thumbs down from me...

The digital stuff will be amazing in ten years time from now, it needs to develop more and be able to do really good feedback etc... anyhoo, have fun and keep playing and make the most of what your gear CAN do!
 
I bought a POD for that same very thing. I sent it back. It blows. The overdrive sounds are the best thing going for it. But, it's ruined by the horrible noise reduction they got running with it. I couldn't perform pinched or tapped harmonics at all with it. There's no way to turn it off or reduce the level setting either. Plus, the other effects weren't that great. Digitech and Boss make better multi effects processors than that thing. The old 1990 Zoom 9000 was just as good, if not better, and you can get one of those on eBay for about 125-150 bucks.
 
Solid Lifters
I bought a POD for that same very thing. I sent it back. It blows. The overdrive sounds are the best thing going for it. But, it's ruined by the horrible noise reduction they got running with it. I couldn't perform pinched or tapped harmonics at all with it. There's no way to turn it off or reduce the level setting either. Plus, the other effects weren't that great. Digitech and Boss make better multi effects processors than that thing. The old 1990 Zoom 9000 was just as good, if not better, and you can get one of those on eBay for about 125-150 bucks.
I hated the POD when I demoed it in the shop, but everyone that has one keeps telling me it takes a lot of tweaking to get half-way decent sounds... so I assumed it must have some untapped potential I wasn't hearing... the variety was tempting... The noise-gate being too strong really makes me go :yuck: though... My playing is in the subtleties, so yeah if thats lost I'd hate it..
 
Back