my playseat is squeaking!!

Revelation1115
Hey guys, I've had a playseat + g27 since they came out and after a while my playseat squeaks each time I sit on it! IM NOT EVEN FAT!! Any tips on how I can fix the squeaking noise?

I just turn up the volume to drown out my Playseat squeeks!

The thing about that is late night racing, I don't think my neighbourhood would like to hear me crashing against the wall at 180mph in GT5 because I was testing the damage over my Playseat Evo squeaks :lol:

Hey guys, I've had a playseat + g27 since they came out and after a while my playseat squeaks each time I sit on it! IM NOT EVEN FAT!! Any tips on how I can fix the squeaking noise?

Haha, mine squeaks too, so much that if it stops squeaking I'll think something is wrong :lol: It only squeaks when I first get in it or make an 'evasive maneuver' quickly or I laugh at myself hysterically.

Jerome

Yes, the squeaks don't bother me either, still pleased with my purchase.

You could try headphones; but may be too cumbersome.

The expensive solution is to replace the seat with a real racing seat (Corbeau for example); that should eliminate the squeaks too:)

mine squeaks too... so i guess this is common... will also try to put some oil (into the playseat, that is ;-)
💡💡💡

Tighten the knobs more. Is the seat squeeking or the frame? The only noises I had were the springs in the seat. By the way, some extra padding can EASILY be added for lumbar support. Just undress the rear of the seat. The horizontal bar has a gap in front of it. You can get an inch of dense foam rubber in there, maybe 8" x 8" is what i threw in.

My computer chair had some extra foam for protection in shipping. Look at a crafts store for some foam.

its the springs under the seat that squeak each time i sit down. i was thinking about putting oil on it but i dont know where to oil it and what type. ill definitely try putting foam though. thanks

Hi there, just wondering if you have any video of how you were able to fix this, i have had my seat for a while and the squeaking is on my nerves now. I would really appreciate it, thanks :)

Hi there, just wondering if you have any video of how you were able to fix this, i have had my seat for a while and the squeaking is on my nerves now. I would really appreciate it, thanks :)

Turn the seat upside down, then put a small amount of oil on the metal springs where they touch. That's what I did, and it got rid of most of the squeaking.

Back