My ps3 is dead! SAVE YOUR DATA

  • Thread starter Thread starter NjLowrider
  • 43 comments
  • 5,435 views
Messages
1,173
Messages
Drex81
My 80 gig is dead. Just replaced the laser about a month ago because it wouldn't read gt5. So after working beautifully the past month I was playing and it shut off and blinks red. I always wanted to back up my data but never got a USB stick (dumb). I will try to heat the chip with a heatgun and recover my data. I've done it successfully before on my buddies 80 gig. Hopefully I get my 350 cars 600 paint chips and level 35 and 30 b spec back!!! My cars were all tuned perfect and I was enjoying my online races! Now back to vitz's and miata's. SAVE YOUR GAME DATA!!
 
Everyone saves their game data.
They have to otherwise they wouldn't be able to play THE GAME (you lost).
 
THE GAME saves it to the hdd. I'm talking about saving externally to a USB stick u turd.
 
Everyone saves their game data.
They have to otherwise they wouldn't be able to play THE GAME (you lost).

I think he means back it up to usb. No real thread needed for this but I can understand his grief.
 
My 60GB took a crap as well a week ago. Nope, no backed up data either. It actually gave me some time to try to but for some reason, I couldn't...might have been going the wrong way (game save, hit triangle to copy to usb option wasn't available.)

So now, I've had to start from scratch with my new 160GB slim...which seems to run slower than the 60GB for some reason.
 
THE GAME saves it to the hdd. I'm talking about saving externally to a USB stick u turd.

I can understand you might be angry and I know his post wasn't very helpfull but talking to somebody else like that just isn't necessary.
 
My 80 gig is dead. Just replaced the laser about a month ago because it wouldn't read gt5. So after working beautifully the past month I was playing and it shut off and blinks red. I always wanted to back up my data but never got a USB stick (dumb). I will try to heat the chip with a heatgun and recover my data. I've done it successfully before on my buddies 80 gig. Hopefully I get my 350 cars 600 paint chips and level 35 and 30 b spec back!!! My cars were all tuned perfect and I was enjoying my online races! Now back to vitz's and miata's. SAVE YOUR GAME DATA!!

Sorry man, that sucks bigtime.
 
Due to me duping so often, I have the most up to date save on my usb almost always.
 
Small house-fan blowing constantly on my PS3 while it's on FTW.
 
I had 3 USB powered fans all over my ps3 still fried. And sorry for the language just trying to help some folks out.
 
No worries, misunderstanding.
I know how you would feel, it's happened to me before on a Copy Protected game.
2 months of hard work gone, hopefully you fix your problem.
I personally back up my data to two USBs and my Laptop.
 
Fans blowing on a PS3 would probably just cause the PS3 to get clogged with dust three, or 300 times faster.
 
Thanks, I'll try formating it to FAT32 because it is not reconize now.
 
Last night I was receiving an X2010 Red Bull I had received as a gift. As it was saving the car, in that THREE SECONDS it takes to save the file, there was a power outage. I had a backup, but the car is gone. :(
 
I should save my data because your ps3 is dead?

I think we're being advised to save data to a USB memory drive so if any unfortunate event should wipe clean/destroy our console then we still have GT5 data.
I back-up once a week as my block is prone to power cuts.
 
I just saved my data.. plus I use an uninteruptable power suply with all me expensive electronics including PS3, TV, home theater, PC, etc.. and I'm not prone to blackouts but that can happen. All my electronics last longer since I've been running a UPS.

I've had this one since '07 (and another brand too for other stuff)

CyberPower Intelligent LCD CP1500AVRLCD uninterruptible power supply
http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/intelligent-lcd-ups/CP1500AVRLCD.html

I wonder how many PCs and PS3s and other expensive electronics have been wrecked because of bad power running to them?
 
BWX
I just saved my data.. plus I use an uninteruptable power suply with all me expensive electronics including PS3, TV, home theater, PC, etc.. and I'm not prone to blackouts but that can happen. All my electronics last longer since I've been running a UPS.

I've had this one since '07 (and another brand too for other stuff)

CyberPower Intelligent LCD CP1500AVRLCD uninterruptible power supply
http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/intelligent-lcd-ups/CP1500AVRLCD.html

I wonder how many PCs and PS3s and other expensive electronics have been wrecked because of bad power running to them?

Ah, so damn expensive!
 
I back up after every session on the game, to both a USB pen drive, and to my PSPGo.
 
just because your PS3 died doesnt mean it HDD is... remove the HDD and put it in your new PS3
 
UnionStrike
Due to me duping so often, I have the most up to date save on my usb almost always.

👎

anyway, this thing will happen to me soon aswell.. since 2 of my friends PS3 are dead.. all buyed it same time same store...

update my backup every week
 
I wish that worked. The hdd is written in code only the original unit will read. So sticking it in a pc or other ps3 will clear it. I need to make mine turn on to save the data. I'm gonna try the "heatgun on the chip" trick in about an hour.
 
I wish that worked. The hdd is written in code only the original unit will read. So sticking it in a pc or other ps3 will clear it. I need to make mine turn on to save the data. I'm gonna try the "heatgun on the chip" trick in about an hour.

You said that you used USB powered fans on your old PS3, did you use the usb ports on the PS3 for that?
 
Yes I had 4 USB ports on my 80 gig. An 3 went to exhaust my cabinet for the ps3. I have no choice to put it in my entertainment center so I left the door open when I played. The fans worked great. Going on and off with the ps3. I'd dust it regularly. Never hitting high fan. the fans are on eBay for like 3 dollars shipped.
I did get my money's worth over the years. I'm a gamer! Probably had that thing on for about 5 months of total on time! Maybe more. 4 call of duty games all full prestige. And gt5 of course.
 
Back