My Racing and 2014 International Race Camp experience

• Thread starter joshmuggo
  • 40 comments
Added some professional pics from the event to the page also

http://www.joshmuggleton.com/#!2015-nsw-state-championships-rd-2/c1o4w

Some examples:

D1GP Style
776eb7_23de325a424f4f4288781a69b1730e15.jpg_srb_p_1271_847_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

3 Wheelin'
776eb7_a9b4abd895bf47e09ec4afa2c34ba32a.jpg_srb_p_1271_847_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

776eb7_e1d1a68a269e4a889c222766dd1a4d38.jpg_srb_p_1271_847_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

Hey guys,

Here are some promo videos I shot for GT Academy '15 here in Australia at Nissan Motorsport HQ.

Gamer vs Racer (feat. V8Supercar driver Rick Kelly)

From Virtual to Reality (feat. V8Supercar driver Rick Kelly)

Final Round tips

Hey Josh, I wanted to ask you about what practice should I be doing in the time before Silverstone?

kewl vids :)

The tips were spot on too.

This final round car definately has some intricacies that needs a fair amount of patience to learn.

Hey Josh, I wanted to ask you about what practice should I be doing in the time before Silverstone?
Hey mate, before Silverstone this is what I did.

Keep up on your fitness:
Make sure you are hitting the gym 3-4 times a week. Work on your muscle endurance and also your cardio. Lots of running and cycling. Now is the time to push yourself and get those last extra gains. in the 3-4 days before leaving for Silverstone, have a break and make sure you get plenty of sleep. If you get time (which we did) before Race Camp starts, go for a easy run in the mornings (but be careful, make sure you know what you are doing that day and act accordingly. If they haven't told you what you are doing, expect the worst.) They will do an initial fitness test before the Race Camp starts also, so be wary of this. As soon as you get there, water is your best friend. Always have a water in your hand and always be drinking. It's good for the judges and instructors to see also ;-)

Do some real driving:
Go to a Nissan dealer and tell them what you are doing and where you are going. If you get a good one, they will let you take a 370z for a test drive. Make sure you get comfortable in the car and make sure you know how it all works. Make sure you take a manual for a drive and not an auto. Get used to the clutch and the gearbox.
Apart from that, try and drive as many different cars as you can. Also try and get out to a track day or do a motorkhana event. Get as much time behind the wheel as you can.

Do those things and you'll be as prepared as you can be.

But in the end have fun. Race Camp is a once in a lifetime opportunity that money can't buy, remember that!

Hey mate, before Silverstone this is what I did.

Keep up on your fitness:
Make sure you are hitting the gym 3-4 times a week. Work on your muscle endurance and also your cardio. Lots of running and cycling. Now is the time to push yourself and get those last extra gains. in the 3-4 days before leaving for Silverstone, have a break and make sure you get plenty of sleep. If you get time (which we did) before Race Camp starts, go for a easy run in the mornings (but be careful, make sure you know what you are doing that day and act accordingly. If they haven't told you what you are doing, expect the worst.) They will do an initial fitness test before the Race Camp starts also, so be wary of this. As soon as you get there, water is your best friend. Always have a water in your hand and always be drinking. It's good for the judges and instructors to see also ;-)

Do some real driving:
Go to a Nissan dealer and tell them what you are doing and where you are going. If you get a good one, they will let you take a 370z for a test drive. Make sure you get comfortable in the car and make sure you know how it all works. Make sure you take a manual for a drive and not an auto. Get used to the clutch and the gearbox.
Apart from that, try and drive as many different cars as you can. Also try and get out to a track day or do a motorkhana event. Get as much time behind the wheel as you can.

Do those things and you'll be as prepared as you can be.

But in the end have fun. Race Camp is a once in a lifetime opportunity that money can't buy, remember that!

Thank you so much Josh, really helpful, but if I'm limited with time would you say driving is more important than fitness?

Hi Everyone,

I have started a Crowdfunding campaign on FundRazr and it would really mean a lot to me if you could have a look at it and help me to continue chasing my dream. If you go to the first post in this thread you can read my GT Academy blog and what happened at Race Camp.

I have some big and exciting plans in mind and I'm doing all that I can to keep racing, but it's come to the point where I need your help.

Please share this if you can to help spread the word.

Thank you for any support that you are able to give, I am truly grateful and really appreciate it. FundRazr accepts credit card and PAYPAL.

CAMPAIGN LINK - http://fnd.us/c/b11oM7/sh/953BB8

Last edited:
Back