My Thrustmaster TX Experiance!

• Thread starter Ialyrn
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Well, all good things must come to an end it seems. My TX which has worked flawlessly for 6 months bit the dust on the 1st of July, I was in talks with Thrustmaster, who said they would replace the wheel for me on the 8th of July. Roll onto the 10th of July, and Thrustmaster decided they would not be replacing the wheel after all, and where 100% not interested in honouring the product warrenty; stating to "go to amazon" for a replacement. Considuring I have had the wheel for 6 months, I was surprised when Amazon ordered a replacement within minutes of contacting them on the phone. The new wheel arrived today, I set it up; alas it was not ment to be. The new wheel is DOA, 100% not working out of the box. Unfortunately Amazon do not have anymore in stock, so both wheels are been returned now; and I will be getting a full refund. I cannot fault Amazon, they have been amazing, and very easy to deal with. Thrustmaster on the other hand, I will not trust them as far as I can throw them. They are breaking uk and EU law by not honouring a warranty replacement or repair, and now I am left without a wheel. Past experience with Madcatz wheels, means I will not be buying their offering. I may relent and repurchase a TX, but it will probably be much later in the year; if not next year. But I am debating buying a Fanatec at this point, and may just remain without a wheel on the Xbox one altogether; I just havnt decided yet.

My advice to anyone who wants a wheel for the X1, be very very careful when dealing with Thrustmaster. The wheel works great, when it actually works. When it doesnt though, in the uk at the very least, they just don't want to know!

Sucks to hear that. Mine is about 4 months old now and still working great. I did purchase mine from Amazon in the US in case anything ever goes wrong.

From what Thrustmaster told me, they replace like for like, but only in the USA. They told me they messed up on the EU RMA Process, and that in the EU they do not replace broken devices under warranty.

Have you not got some sort of trading standards agency where you live? get on the phone to them, they have an obligation to stand over it for 12 months

Im in the UK, so yes, and they have been informed. They have been sent copies of all email correspondents between myself and Thrustmaster, the same set of high quality HD photos I sent thrustmaster, a copy of my invoice, and screen caps of what windows displays when the wheel is connected to it. Windows picks it up as an unrecognised usb device, doesn't do anything on the xbox one at all.

Im more annoyed at the fact they said they would replace the wheel base, which was after they reviewed the email with the pictures they requested, and then 2 days later said they wont be replacing it.

Wow, I am sorry to hear that you have been basically blown off by them. Do they not know that this affects their sales? I was just about ready to make the jump, not now, even though I live in the U.S. Returning a faulty product is a major hassle. I think that we gamers do have a way of holding their feet to the fire if we are together on this. I read the horror stories from the early adopters and thought that it might have been solved by now, well maybe not. Thanks for the report lalyrn.

Have you got a Twitter account Ialryn?

This travesty of service is only compounded by the fact that there's only one decent wheel on the console.

Last edited:
I do, I have let a few prominent forza youtubers know the situation via twitter; Just in case they want to pass the a warning onto others in video format. I have also made sure the Xbox and T10 twitter accounts have been included in the postings. They also need to know what Thrustmaster are doing with their "officially" supported device.

Wow, I know it is an old thread but any way I bought one a couple of months ago and I have read many reviews where people have had similar experiences. Did you use to use it many hours per day? If the fan would start did you use to let it rest? Also, was this one with an external power supply or internal?

Wow, I know it is an old thread but any way I bought one a couple of months ago and I have read many reviews where people have had similar experiences. Did you use to use it many hours per day? If the fan would start did you use to let it rest? Also, was this one with an external power supply or internal?

Havnt been around here much since my TX broke, so I missed this response to my thread; sorry. I did use it a fair bit, for both racing and drifting in Forza, and on multiple racers and sims on the PC where a wheel is compatible. Regardless of that however, the device was looked after. It was never unplugged till the fan stopped and the device was cooled, both on the X1 and PC. Because of the way the wheel is, the fan would kick in fairly early for me. In forza I had the FFB set to between 60 and 70 I believe. On PC I would adjust it depending on the game, but usually had it set to 100% for overall effects in the Thrustmaster driver software. Some games are capable of adjusting the effects in the driver if the option is set, so only dropped it from 100% in games like F1 2013 (or any codemaster game). Still, this shouldn't have even been an issue. These sort of devices are made to be used on a very regular basis, as they are designed for a more serious virtual racer to stretch their legs. Because of the issues I had with Thrustmaster, I have decided to get a Logitech G27 for use on the PC; so my pc sims are no longer going to waste. I have reverted back to playing Forza with the gamepad. I might still buy a new TX at some point, as when the wheel does work, it is a good device. It is just when it stops working that the problems come into play, as Thrustmaster just dont want to know. When I bought my wheel (and returned it) from Amazon, they had them in stock. Amazon themselves (in the UK anyway), have not had the TX in stock themselves since. I think this goes to show just how many of these wheels have been returned as faulty. Amazon was great though, and not only sent out a replacement wheel. But when that wheel was DOA, they gave a full refund. I just can not fault the way Amazon dealt with it all.

I rarely ever hear of a faulty TX since the first 2-3 months after it launched so it seems there were quite a few but since then hardly ever. I don't know what changed but they seem to be just fine now. I bought mine over 6 months ago and its still working just fine. Mine was one of the earlier models but only after they released a new firmware which mine shipped with so I don't know if the problems went away after the new firmware but I've seen almost no cases of failure since then.

I rarely ever hear of a faulty TX since the first 2-3 months after it launched so it seems there were quite a few but since then hardly ever. I don't know what changed but they seem to be just fine now. I bought mine over 6 months ago and its still working just fine. Mine was one of the earlier models but only after they released a new firmware which mine shipped with so I don't know if the problems went away after the new firmware but I've seen almost no cases of failure since then.

There are still a few on the Forza Forums posting up issue with the TX every now and then, including newer units. Such as this from only a day ago.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...italia-what-a--------fixed-the-profanity.aspx

There are still a few on the Forza Forums posting up issue with the TX every now and then, including newer units. Such as this from only a day ago.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst27691_thrustmaster-458-italia-what-a--------fixed-the-profanity.aspx

Always going to be some though, you can take some of those cases with a grain of salt that some people might simply not know how to properly use or setup a wheel. Cases are far far fewer now though on most forums. The TX is a solid wheel.

Not even denying that it is a great wheel, I just have issues with Thrustmaster themselves. Issues I shouldnt have had at all. That is the only thing so far that has stopped me going back to the TX. I can play Forza perfectly fine on the controller, and I am just as fast regardless of what device I use on that game. It just really bugged me, as I didnt have a wheel for the likes of Assetto and project cars, and had to let my I racing subscription go too; and I had just payed for 3 months at the time the wheel broke. When it comes to the PC sims, a wheel is kind of mandatory. Going from having one to not, that annoyed me the most. I lot of money went to waste on pc sims after I bought a TX. (Project cars I had for a lot longer though, I liked the premise, and so put my money forward for its development).

I can understand if you had a bad experience you would be turned off to that brand. Happens to a lot of people. All that matters I suppose is that you have a product you enjoy using now that suits your needs. I won't deny that the G27 is a great wheel for the money and reliable for years to come.

Back