My viewpoint on the game so far.

Messages
9
Even though I love GT4 when I brought it lets put it this way it wasn’t quite what I expected, new to series I expected to be driving Aston Martin’s straight away I didn’t realize I’d be starting off with a 1985 Mazda RX-7, but that’s half the fun I guess.

Gran Turismo 4 just blew me away on so many levels from the photo mode’s to the amazing intro and of course the what seems like totally realistic handling of the cars, I can only presume it’s realistic because in real life I’ve never had one driving lesson.

I’m really surprised it took me this long to play it as one of my favorite gamming genres is the driving one; anyway I’m on board now and that’s the main thing, it’s a seriously fun game.

Anyway for anybody who’s interested here are some of my stats:

Game Completion: 1.6%
Points: 330
B-Spec Skill: 0
Day: 115
Cr. 1, 071
Trophies: 26
Win Percentage: 15/52 = 28.8%
Licenses: National A, National B, International A and International B
A-Spec Mileage: 109

Cars I have unlocked or brought:

1967 Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-B
1979 Autobianchi A112 Abarth
1985 Mazda RX-7 GT Limited
1994 Nismo 270R
2005 Ford Mustang GT
Nike One 2022

See you on the boards.
 
Welcome aboard mate.. your a newbie like me, and I know that you will find any answers to any questions you have on these boards... all the guys (and ladies) are great for giving good advice :-) enjoy your stay
 
I totally agree with you David.
GT4 is the best GT game ever.
And...welcome ;)
 
Cool to see that more people are having so much fun with GT4 ( Hooked since GT1)
 
You missed a lot by stepping at GT4:) But it's cool to see someone liking to game so much from the beginning.
 
Cosmic
I totally agree with you David.
GT4 is the best GT game ever.
And...welcome ;)
Yep, especially when your at 40%. :p
 
i love GT4!!! (i've posted my views via other threads, so i aint gonna bother repeating myself hehe)

i have got to extreme, then i thought.... mmmm need to complete the S licence.... have been pooing myself about this one

so i loaded my "virgin" save (no racing, just have all licences except S).... and.... knock me down with a feather...... it was easier than IA licence LOL (and was wayyyyy easier than the S on GT3)

starting again now, no 100k starting credits this time... and i know i'll breeze it to extreme again (and i drive like a nutter in and out of GT hehe.... racing line??? wtf is that??? hehe)

mmmm missions....... some of them are soooooo damn hard for one armed monkeys like me (still gotta figure 23, in spite of the advice posted on this site)... but i'll get there!!

one love

Gord
 
I'm seriously enjoying this game... Nurburgring alone is worth the purchase price..

Wife keeps calling mr geek for spending so much time on these forums..

Until my DFP turns up.. I'm just messing around with the arcade mode and the beginner races. (using a fanatec wheel and pedals - which dont do the throttle properly - hey ho, their going back to 'Game' on Saturday.... :) )

Question: if you import the lics from gtprologue, can you redo the B lic test and win the cars?

One thing I miss from gt2 (and wasn't in GT3 either) was the horsepower limits on the races.. hard track and hard opposition meant running at 95% of the max horsepower... good enjoyable track meant 80-85% of the max hp for good competitive enjoyable races.

Any balancing features like this that I've missed?

Enjoy your driving.. I'm off for more 'ring in my Integra Type-R :)
 
Has anyone finished yet?
im only 7.3% through the game quiet fun really but dont get to play it much... 👎
 
I'm glad they made the License Tests a little easier, I was no longer trying for ages to set perfect laps for the special test. Currently at 25% and as hooked as I was when I first started!
 
GT4 isn't actually that realistic. I'm a Qualified Observer for the IAM and have my UK racing licence so I'm not making it up. I think it comes very close but at the end of the day this is a CONSOLE GAME and has to appeal from kids to adults - from people who do drive to people with varying degrees of driving experience.

GT4 CAN be difficult in places (I'm struggling with the snow courses in the Special Stages events). But the licences are pretty spot-on; it is possible to get Golds in them but I have mostly Bronze. You have to do similar stuff on your real-life licence tests.
 
im a hair above 53% and still far from jaded. i still have most of extreme and endurance hall left, as well as a buncha manufactures races left. those can get a bit dull from time to time; buy a model of car to race against other cars of the same model to win a model of that car, but ehh, its not so bad. plus it introduces a lot of cars to drive that otherwise i wouldnt think of buying and driving.
 
The only "realistic" thing about GT4, is the $65 i paid for it:(
You just started the game, in a few days, you will see how "realistic" it is:tdown:
Just to mention one, try the Opel Speedster's races, see if it's "realistic"!
GT3 is more "realistic than this 🤬
Anyways, have fun and good luck!
BTW, make sure you discover "NITROUS"👍
 
I really disagree, GT3 was miles away from the mark. GT4 is way closer.
Still, it boils down to "a game" rather than a "real driving simulator". Play GTR or especially Grand Prix Legends on the PC and you'll see what a car simulation is.
 
It's a great game, I've already got a friend who had no idea about it totally addicted. I'm glad I started at GT1 and have seen the game grow (shame they lost the Cerbera LM along the way!!)

Some of it is too easy though, some of the cars you can win very early on are excessively powerful, I had no MR car and needed one for the even then I won one that had 700HP! Also rallying used to require you to take a street car and try and turn it into a rally car to get you started now you're handed a very good rally car on a platter.

The best thing about the game though is there's no set route you can at whatever pace you like taking an infinite number of route, I rushed on to get to the endurance races so I've ended up with millions of credits a garage full of great cars but I'm still working my way though the Honda Civic event!
 
GT4 is the greatest drivinggame i know(But the AI is the worst in a racinggame ever)so the racingpart of the game becomes dull after 10 minutes,the AI is very unbalanced,some times they just pull away in megaspeed(Even though you have the same car as them)and for the most of the time you just lose them after a half lap,and never see them again.
 
Real driving simulator? Not really...
I mean, don't get me wrong...i've played the game since GT1, in fact, the only reason i got a PS one (and a PS2) in the first place was beacause of it...but it's not perfect. I love it, but its far from "the" real driving simulator.
I was really surprised about the handling on FF and 4WD cars, they are actually pretty damn good (i own a Punto HGT). But those stock rear wheel (and MR) drive cars just dont seem right...I mean, a subaru impreza has more capability to oversteer than a 190bhp lotus Elise, and this is an MR car. In the real world you can power slide an MX5, or better, a diesel 136bhp BMW... a lot!
Of course a game that has cars with up to 1200bhp, 140 isn't nothing...but still, this is an important flaw for somone that loves to drive the stock cars...beacuse tou need more than 400bhp to power slide... and that...is just not realistic.
Anyway, i still love the game and consider it to be quite good...i just had to let this opinion out. Any coments?

Thanks, Cheers
A GT fan from Portugal.
 
horrgakx
I really disagree, GT3 was miles away from the mark. GT4 is way closer.
Still, it boils down to "a game" rather than a "real driving simulator". Play GTR or especially Grand Prix Legends on the PC and you'll see what a car simulation is.

Really?? Compare the Elise and Vitz races in GT3 with the Opel Speedster in GT4 and then tell me wich one is closer to a realistic measure :sly:
If it boils down to a "game", then, it SHOULDN"T be called: "The real driving simulator"!!!👎 Even the graphics, are barely better than in GT3. I found way more downs 👎 than ups.👎 But of course, to each their own. And BTW, i would never let my kids play this game:tdown: but all those parents out there who allow their kids to play this type of games and on top of it, drink cola..?👎
 
Back